You are not logged in.

Unread posts
  • "Natural_Horse" started this thread

Reg: May 28th 2009

Wednesday, January 2nd 2013, 11:43am

2 year old health check

Hi,

My DD has just turned two and I was looking in her health (red) book the other day and there's mention of a 2-2.5 year health check. Does every child have one of these? Do I need to contact my GP to book it in or do I have too?

My DD never had a 1 year check (the GP never contacted me about it) and apart from the routine immunisations and one trip to the Dr, has never been 'checked' since she was a newborn.

I don't think there's anything wrong with her and that her development is fine, so what would be the point of the check if I did request it?

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 24th 2006

Children: Three gorgeous daughters!

Wednesday, January 2nd 2013, 2:41pm

Hi Hun

When my girls have had those health checks its been done by a HV, DD1 had hers at 9 months and 2 1/2 and DD2 has hers when she was 1. They don't do a lot it's more observation of your DD's behaviour, how she plays with certain toys and interacts, they also ask about any concerns you may have. You can get some good tips on things which is useful and sometimes you get free bookstart stuff.

xxx

• "Natural_Horse" started this thread

Reg: May 28th 2009

Wednesday, January 2nd 2013, 2:59pm

I haven't seen a HV for more that 18 months.... I don't even know how to get in contact with them. Is it done at home or at a drop-in clinic?

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 24th 2006

Children: Three gorgeous daughters!

Wednesday, January 2nd 2013, 5:26pm

We were contacted by our HV's, the first time by letter for DD1's appointment for her 9 month check. The second time we'd moved do a different area and they phoned to arrange checks for both girls at the same time. The first check for DD1 was done at the baby clinic, when they came to see both girls they did it at home so I think different PCT's do it differently.

As far as contacting your HV you can trying looking them up on the internet or your GP surgery should be able to give you a phone number to phone.

Btw, I don't go and see the HV much I don't feel I have much need for it.

Reg: Jun 10th 2009

Children: Two perfect 3yr olds

Friday, January 11th 2013, 9:36pm

I phoned my HV (who I had not seen for over a year) and she did their review at 2yrs 1mth. She was very comprehensive and it gave me reassurance the twins were normal! I recommend you just call the HV number at the practice you are registered at.

Jannie
Aug 09 - IUI - BFN
; Oct 09 - ICSI - BFN; Jan 10 - ICSI cancelled;
DICSI in Valencia Mar10 :BFP:
Jannie's Diary
Oscar and Emilia born 8th November 2010

Dusky7

FORUM MENTOR

United Kingdom

Reg: Aug 12th 2008

Children: Two beautiful little girls, so so lucky!! :)

What's Up?
:hello:

Saturday, January 12th 2013, 3:31am

Same, GP surgery sent a letter and we saw HV, if you think they'll forget just call surgery. Yes, they just check they are reaching the right developmental milestones, weigh, free books tart bag and books, though think with cuts this may be changing...xxx

1st ICSI - Oct 08 - :BFP:!!! DD born July 2009 : D
1st FET - May 11 - BFN :-(
2nd FET - Sept 11 - BFN :bawl:
3rd FET - Jan 12 - :BFP: DD2 born October 2012

DUSKY'S FET DIARY

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE