You are not logged in.

Unread posts

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 42 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

• "heidi74" started this thread

Reg: Jun 10th 2012

Monday, June 11th 2012, 8:34pm

nhs waiting times in London

Hi all, new to this site but find that there is best support here than from friends ?o( Is one year now that we had bad news because my DH azoospermia and after nothing found with Micro TESE we decided for DI. Got all scans, blood test and HSG done in April and I'll get results only end of July then will get a referral for a hospital were DI can be done. Like all of u I am already stressed and very ansious for all this waiting, what I am worried now I don't know which hospital they will send me and especially how long do we have to wait before choosed donor arrive and start treatment? Hopefully will be a IUI if everything is fine with me. Does anyone know waiting lists in London NHS and if with NHS funding I can choose a private clinic that works with NHS too? Thank u very much, really need your support :rollseyes:
1st IUI April 13 :BFN:
2nd IUI June 13 :BFN:
1st IVF October 13 :BFP:

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Monday, June 11th 2012, 8:41pm

Hi Heidi and welcome to :FZ:
Each primary care trust has its rules, which can change over time as well. Your best bet is to ask your GP or ask your PCT directly. There is a lot of waiting for all fertility treatments, especially as now they have removed the waiting times targets. Before it used to be a maximum of 18 weeks, now it has changed as fertility treatment is classified non-urgent.

Good luck with your journey.

Monday, June 11th 2012, 9:11pm

Thanks Maria, yes I believe I will ask this in my next consultation, is just that sometime I feel I cannot wait for answers ;(
In your profile I can see a familiar flag...am italian too ::P

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Tuesday, June 12th 2012, 7:56pm

Davvero? I hope you can speak it too!!!

I know the wait is horrid but then the tx is free. xfingers

Tuesday, June 12th 2012, 8:02pm

private or nhs DI?

Hi again, does anyone know...if I choose a private clinic for the first attempt with DI can I go back to NHS if it doesn't work? :S

Hi Maria, I have been leaving in London for the past 4 years...so I can speak better Italian than English :thumbsup: thanks I feel better now that I know someone can listen to me, is very very difficult especially when you don't want to speak with people that may not understand your choices because they never had so much pain ;(