You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Sedgie

• "Sedgie" started this thread
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Jan 23rd 2011

Thursday, September 27th 2012, 3:16pm

Has anyone else had early/light bleeding and been pregnant?

Hi,

I know I'm going to sound really desperate and silly with this question but this is always where I come with these questions because everyone seems to understand!
Bit of background, DH 32 is fine, me 34 severe endo for which I've had multiple surgeries, I have a high FSH and an undetectable AMH. We've tried clomid for 3 months and have had 2 failed cycles IVF. I actually took a break for a while because I couldn't remember what normal life felt like! We have a third IVF cycle planned for January at Bourn Hall. Despite the low AMH I had a TV ultrasound on the 6th Sept which showed 6 follicles on my one good ovary. My cycles are always pretty regular and have been 30 days for at least a year, before that they were 28 days. Last month I had a bit of a blip and had a 25 day cycle. My period is usually about 6 days and very heavy for at least the first 2.
My question ( finally) is, I had some very light pink spotting on CD22, this is normal for me the day before my period is due. I had a bit of a panic because I thought I was going to have a 22 day cycle. I even wore a pad to work but nothing. Then yesterday evening CD24 some light pink bleeding started, only when I wiped nothing on the pad (sorry TMI), a few hours ago that stopped. Now I have diarrhoea but no bleeding. Was cramping a bit but that's stopped as well. If I go by my normal cycle I'm not due my period until the 3rd October.
I know I'm grasping at straws and that with my history and after trying for more than 4 years a pregnancy is the most unlikely explanation for this but I still can't seem to help wishing for a miracle even though I'm resigned to disappointment. Does anyone hae any thoughts or had this happen to them? At the moment I'm swinging between just a normal hormone fluctuation to thinking it's a sign of early menopause!

Thanks for any replies

Sarah

Buzzbee

Reg: Apr 14th 2009

Children: A son and daughter - our family is complete :)

What's Up?
Absolutely love being a mum of 2 but OMG it is hard work and very tiring! Wouldn't change it for the world though :)

Thursday, September 27th 2012, 7:04pm

Hi

Sorry to hear you have a hard jouney ttc. I didn't want to just read and run. I too have been in your situation, many times, where you are hoping and praying that what you're experiencing is a pregnancy symptom. I have PCOS and a blocked right tube and my chances of conceiving naturally are pretty slim but I still have hope. Even though I have been blessed with a son through IVF it would be lovely to make him an older brother and we are hoping that one day a miracle will happen and it is natural.

Anyway, what I wanted to say was there is something called implantation spotting. Not everyone woman gets it mind. This happens a few days after ovulation I believe when the embryo is implanting into the lining of your womb and sometimes it can cause a little bleed. I never experienced it personally but I did have some brown spotting when I was about 9 weeks pregnant, which scared the life out of me but thankfully all was fine.

I have also heard that you can spot when you ovulate, when the egg bursts out of your ovary. Again not something I have experienced but I know it has happened for some women.

I really hope that this is a positive sign for you and wish you all the best.

xx
An almost 4 year old son and a 21 month old daughter :)

Sedgie

• United Kingdom

Thursday, September 27th 2012, 8:53pm

Thanks for your reply buzzbee, this is why I keep coming back to this board even though my visits may be sporadic, a few words of support go a long way!
Implantation bleeding has crossed my mind and time wise it would fit if I ovulated day 12, however I've stopped even charting my ovulation days ages ago so I really don't know. I think even though I'm subconsciously hoping that I am, I can't seriously think that I might be pregnant because deep down I honestly think it will be false hope. I know that it's common to have blips or even missed periods for no apparent reason and after 4 years I don't see why this month should be any different. Even if it might be implantation bleeding I can't test until the day my period would be due so I guess I just have to play the waiting game, again! I will post again which ever way it turns out if only to answer my question. I've googled symptoms often enough to be frustrated when you never find out how someone's situation finished!!! :)

Thanks again

Thanks again :) :) :) :)

Buzzbee

What's Up?
Absolutely love being a mum of 2 but OMG it is hard work and very tiring! Wouldn't change it for the world though :)

Friday, September 28th 2012, 7:07am

Hello again

I am the queen of googling symptoms LOL! My favourites bar is full of pages that I would read and read over and over again of women who said what they experienced in their 2ww and went on to have a BFP. It became such an obsession and if I felt something they said I would feel a ting of hope. Ironically on my successful 2ww I never felt as much as I did on the BFN ones. I wonder sometimes if I imagined it but then again when you get spotting you can't imagine that can you?

With my PCOS I have very long cycles, before I had my son I would go months without an AF and did a trillion HPTs. Since having my son they seem to have become a bit more regular at every 6 - 7 weeks. However, this last one is over 7 weeks and two weeks ago I had spotting and like you I was thinking - is this a sign - well after my AF didn't show a couple of days later. I thought about implantation spotting as I had cramps daily, which felt different to AF. A BFN with a CB digital on Monday made me realise I was just being silly and should've learnt my lesson by now LOL! I still have cramps on and off and my AF hasn't arrived but I am pretty sure I am not pregnant as we have hardly BD. You can't help still wonder though can you? I think I am only convinced when I see AF sometimes LOL!

I really really hope that this time it is a positive sign for you and have everything crossed for when you test next week. As I'm sure we both know there are lots of women out there who have had surprise natural BFP's when they least expect it so why can't that be you? xfingers

Good luck xxx

Sedgie

• United Kingdom

Friday, September 28th 2012, 9:32am

Hi buzz bee,

I know exactly what you mean, it's ot until AF arrives that i really believe it's over for another month. Even though I'm not 'trying' at the moment the hope is always there. The cramps are back this morning and some spotting again. I have a feeling that I jumpedthe gun and for some reason AF is just a weirdly slow starterthis month. This would makeitanother 25 day cycle.
Oh well!
I forgot to say before, congratulations on you IVF success and I wish you all the luck TTC. I hope you get a big surprise soon.

Sarah

Reg: Jul 21st 2009

Children: 2 angels watching over us & our precious DD Scarlett Leigh <3

Tuesday, October 2nd 2012, 1:31pm

:hi:

just wondering if you have any news yet...
i saw the title of this thread and had to have a nosy ;)

i had implantation bleeding, just after my IVF... everyone said it was too late to implant, but it wasn't cos now look : D ::P
but i did spot brown/pink for a few days

xfingers for you babe xxx
April 12 - IVF - :BFP:

April 17 - Here we go again!

Reg: Jun 1st 2012

Children: one beautiful daughter thank u and 4 angels in heaven

Wednesday, October 3rd 2012, 8:48am

Hey babes- fingers and toes crossed for you i had late implantation bleeding and look at me now so :hugs: :goodluck:

Sedgie

• United Kingdom

Saturday, November 24th 2012, 2:58pm

Hi all,

It's been a while but as usual I couldn't resist an online symptom search and found my post! I am again in a similar situation, I told myself I wouldn't do this a every time I post about symptoms I get AF seemingly within hours :-( but here I am.
The spotting in September turned into what I would count as a period although I wasn't sure which day to count a day one. My next period was on 25th October, no spotting but definitely lighter than usual for me. I usually assume I going to have a 28 or 30 day cycle, never been longer than that so have been expecting AF since Thursday. I'd say I have been having mild cramps but to be honest they're more like twinges on and off for the last few days. On Wednesday I had on episode of watery brown discharge, only when I wiped, nothing on Thursday, Friday I had two episodes of the brown discharge but this was like mucus and I took it as a sign AF would arrive today. When I woke up this morning At about 8am I had a reasonable amount of dark reddy brown on the TP but no clots. Assumed this was AF, put on a pad and got on with my day. however once then all I've had is the brown spotting again, kinda watery and reminds me weirdly of coffee grounds! Not even any Staining on the pad. The only thing I do feel is a bit 'wet'.

So now I completely confused again (not unusual). I think TNT either a) now that I've posted I will get full low AF within the next couple of hours or b) my cycle is playing tricks on me gain and this is actually my period or I'm just having a longer cycle than I usual. The one thing I have learned is that there is no such thing as normal!

Buzzbee

What's Up?

Sunday, November 25th 2012, 9:53am

Hi Sedgie

Sorry to hear that you got your AF last time.

You say you have endo, when was your last surgery? Did you find that helped and if it did does it also make your periods more normal? The reason I ask is my friend has always had problems with her periods, very painful, very heavy and spotting on and off. She was told she had a bit of endo on her bladder and that was probably the cause. So could the endo be causing this random spotting you keep having?

It is so hard not to wonder if it's a pregnancy sign isn't it? I am 'not trying' but every time my AF is due I do wonder in the run up to it if I am getting any pg signs. Since my son was born my periods have gone from being non existent to every 6 - 8 weeks and now very heavy and I can spot for days too.

I have everything crossed that you do get a natural BFP before you start treatment in January - is that still the plan?

xx

Sedgie

• United Kingdom

Sunday, November 25th 2012, 10:24am

Hi Buzzbee,

Thanks for your reply.

My last surgery was in feb 2010 which was a full laparotomy, before that I had a laparoscopy in July 2009. My first 2 laparoscopies were way back in 2002. I have to say my biggest regret is not taking it more seriously then, fertility was mentioned briefly but now I wonder if I could've done anything differently in the 8 years between then and TTC.

I know endo can cause spotting but I can honestly say that until September I have never experienced it, I didn't have it last cycle either, just a lighter than normal period, but then I never really had cycle fluctuations before either. I had always been 28 days bang on the nose, cramps the day before which was my sure sign that AF was coming. When I first started TTC at least I didn't have any ambiguity, I always knew 100% that I wasn't pregnant. Then I had IVF the first in December 2010 and since then I don't know which way is up. Each cycle seems different to the last, or it could be that I'm just obsessing more and looking for stuff :)

This cycle for the first time I had a slight spotting mid cycle as well around day 11 and 12 which I took to be ovulation spotting even though I don't track my ovulation anymore, that's why I thought I would be on track for a 28 ish day cycle. I'm getting actual AF type cramps today and a bit more of the reddy brown once this morning but so far nothing else.i just wish she would bloody get on with it!!!

Obviously possible pregnancy has crossed my mind but I just can't go there, I've been in this situation so many times when I convince myself my cycle is different so I hope and then it just turns out that my period is earlier or later or lighter or heavier for no apparent reason. I'm just waiting waiting waiting like I usually do :)

The plan is still for IVF in January so we will see what happens then. Why is it so bloody hard??

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Sedgie" (Nov 25th 2012, 10:26am)

Sedgie

• United Kingdom

Sunday, November 25th 2012, 5:05pm

AF has arrived in full force :-(

Buzzbee

What's Up?

Sunday, November 25th 2012, 7:00pm

Aww sorry to hear that. I can completely sympathise with how we think our body plays tricks on us and that constant feeling of 'could it be this month?'. It really is torture. Because of my PCOS I would go months without an AF and wonder if I was pregnant or not.

Anyway, I really really hope that your treatment works in January hun. Keep us posted and I hope you have a lovely Christmas.

xxx

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE