You are not logged in.

Unread posts
  • "philippa_s" is no longer a member of FZ
  • "philippa_s" started this thread

Reg: Jan 12th 2008

Wednesday, March 12th 2008, 2:49pm

Manchester Fertility Services

Hi ladies

I was just wondering if anyone had used MFS for IVF or any other experiences of this clinic?

Thanks in advance

P x
2 gorgeous girls and 1 on the way

BOBBY

Reg: Mar 3rd 2008

Children: DD born April 2004

Wednesday, March 12th 2008, 5:38pm

RE: MFS (Manchester Fertility Services)

Is this the one at Brigewater Hospital on Princess Parkway? If so I've heard they have gone bust?! CARE has the best results for IVF in Manchester and St. Mary's on the NHS has not so good results. If a couple are on the waiting list for NHS treatment and time is against them, I would recommend just paying privatly and going to CARE.

Wednesday, March 12th 2008, 7:30pm

Hi Bobby

Thanks for reply

I have just received details from them today so not quite sure if they have gone bust. I will check

We are looking at CARE as well but not St. Mary's as private funding. Have you recieved treatment in Manchester?

P x

Reg: Jul 17th 2007

Wednesday, March 12th 2008, 7:32pm

Im in the process of receiving treatment at Care Manchester....

They've been great so far.... Very thorough....

DR at the moment so hopefully start stimming next week...

If you've got any questions, just send me a quick PM and i'll let you know what i know... if you know what i mean

x
me 38 DH 45 - unexplained infertility and ttc for 4 years ,Mar 07 -Missed m/c
4 attempts at Clomid - BFN (Jun , Jul, Aug, and Nov 07)

Apr 08 - ICSI - BFN
Oct 08 - ICSI - BFP

Baby boys born on 29-May-09

livia34

Reg: Jan 14th 2008

Children: 1 daughter Rowan

Wednesday, May 7th 2008, 7:41pm

we are with MFS too.
partner had pesa/tese there. there was no mention of them going bust.
i'm still waiting to have a good blood test to start icsi.......

So far i have found them to be really helpful and understanding.

cheers
livia34

becks

Reg: Apr 17th 2008

Children: DH has 2 teenage daughters

Wednesday, May 7th 2008, 9:50pm

We're with MFS too. I did hear of some rumour about the people who own the hospital going bust, but definitely not MFS (who are effectively just tenants?). Anyway after an initial admin hiccup, they have been great. They also told me the reason Care have better results is that they are more selective about who they will treat - ie only treating people who have a higher chance of success.

Hope all is going well with you, whatever you have decided to do.

xx
Ist ICSI Apr 08 - :BFP:
M/C at 11wks :sadface:
FET Apr 09 - :BFN:
FET May 09 - :BFP:

Thursday, May 8th 2008, 7:57am

Hi becks

Good luck with your test

P x

Reg: Jul 4th 2006

Wednesday, May 14th 2008, 9:08am

We had a go with CARE Manchester in October 2006 which was a BFN then 2 goes with MFS in April and May last year both BFN.

I couldn't fault the care on both sides. I found the nurses and consultants very good. Prof Lieberman at MFS was a lovely man who explained everything to us.

Good luck

Susie x

Me 39+3 ok
DH 39 Azoospermia
3xDIUI all BFN
Plan B AI known donor, 4 x BFN :tears:
:BFP: 22 March 2008! happydance :sticky:please

mossop36

Reg: Apr 30th 2009

Children: MFS

Friday, May 1st 2009, 9:24am

Im new on here . I too am at MFS. There are great we have been with them for 6 years now they have been very supporting to myself and my DH .

We too are under Prof Lieberman and he has been great the best.
I am on day 16 of DR and feel like poo . back at MFS on tuesday fingers crossed

Good luck Liniz xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Reg: Oct 17th 2009

Children: Not yet - but working on it

Thursday, October 22nd 2009, 7:10pm

Hi

I was referred to St Marys Manchester and had all of the initial consultations and tests done there, but due to renovations at St Marys we were referred to MFS (at Bridgewater Hospital) for our treatment. It is a lovely Private hospital, with fantastic staff, with little waiting times to be seen, clean and friendly. I couldn't praise the hospital enough.

The injection training was good - I knew exactly what to do when I got home etc, bloods and scans were done quickly and efficiently and the Stims worked just fine. my Day 10 scan showed 7 follicles on each Ovary ranging in size from 15-22, and a lining of 15mm. They booked me in on the Monday for Egg Collection which was absolutely fine - my DH and I arrived and were placed in a lovely side room, the friendly nurses were great and I just fell asleep and didn't feel a thing. The sedation worked a treat. 20 minutes after coming around I was sat chatting to me DH and the nurses drinking tea and eating toast.
They told me that day that they had retrieved 14 eggs.

The next day they notified us over the telephone that 10 were mature and 7 had fertilized over night, and I was to go in the next day to have the ET.

The morning of the ET I received a call confirming all 7 had divided overnight and ET would go ahead that afternoon. Mt husband was taken upstairs to make his important contribution while I waited to be taken to theater. The egg transfer process is great my DH and I went into theater and they showed us our embryo on a big screen and the embryologist pointed out the 5 cells, and said it was of top quality, and informed us that they would let us know if the others were good enough to freeze the day after.
My husband and I went home feeling good and hopeful.

I called the hospital this afternoon and they notified us that we have 3 Frozen, which is great news! Our 2WW starts here.......................................

Every stage of the process has been fab and the nurses are always on the end of the phone happy to give advice etc.

MFS = BRILLIANT in my opinion and if you are lucky enough to be treated there I wish you all the very best and am sure you will be looked after well.
1st IVF ICSI Oct 09 - BFP
18.11.09 - 1 :heart: seen (2mm)
27.11.09 - 1 :heart: seen (10.5mm)

Reg: Nov 26th 2009

Children: none as yet! HOPING 2012 WILL BE OUR YEAR

Tuesday, January 5th 2010, 2:23am

I had treatment with mfs bridgewater hosbital in the past when i had no period for 14 months was under dr howel and couldn't fault the clinic so that is why we decided to go to the bridgewater again for our 1st cycle of ivf,our 1st appointment is on 20th jan 2010 can't wait and i would recomend this hosbital to anyone. :thumbsup2:

MY DIARY

TTC SINCE JULY 2008
ME 34 ( couple of immune issues Inc low progestrone)
DP 40 LOW [zx151] COUNT
2 x ICSI 2010/2011 = BFN's :bawl:
Icsi no.3 with immune meds nov 2011 = BFN! :bawl:
Round no.4 FET March 2012

Hoping77

Reg: Apr 14th 2009

Children: A son and daughter - our family is complete :)

What's Up?
Absolutely love being a mum of 2 but OMG it is hard work and very tiring! Wouldn't change it for the world though :)

Sunday, March 7th 2010, 4:07pm

Just wanted to say I am having private treatment at MFS too and I am really happy with how we have been treated so far. The nurses are really helpful and I can just ring them up whenever I want and they will answer any questions I have. I would recommend this clinic to anyone. My best friend has gorgeous twins after treatment at MFS.

xx
An almost 4 year old son and a 21 month old daughter :)

Mummy#2

Reg: Apr 14th 2010

Children: DS aged nearly 6, my little star!

Wednesday, April 28th 2010, 6:34pm

Hi All

I was under MFS a couple of years ago for investigations and they were great. I was using my private health care to pay the bill so could only get initial tests done and 6 months worth of clomid and then I had no money! I already have one DS conceived naturally (having taken 2.5yrs ttc) and have tried for 5 years to no avail for # 2. I have had some bits done on NHS - lap and dye and some chlomid. All tests OK. DH OK too.

I am going for a re-referral to MFS in June post my holiday. My NHS consultant has been fantastic and is going to write to them referring me. SO hopefully (finances not yet quite there) I will be on my way in the Summer!

Lots of luck to all

xx
MUMMY # 2

Sun Flower

Superstar

Saturday, May 1st 2010, 6:02pm

Hi ladies
We are being referred to MFS for our free NHS go (after a fresh and frozen at St Judes - private) last year, so looking for any info on the clinic and also is anyone using donor sperm at MFS?
My DH is azoo and we had DIVF last year, hoping to have DIVF later this year at MFS but worried about the long wait for donor sperm? We paid for our donor sperm last year and we were matched with a donor straight away but I am worried that this NHS go will be a long process, I joined the MFS forum and asked the question, but no replies, it is very quiet on there........so any info would be great

thank you and good luck to you all xxx

Mummy#2

Reg: Apr 14th 2010

Children: DS aged nearly 6, my little star!

Monday, July 12th 2010, 9:21pm

Hi All

Been for my final consultation today. Had to get last blood result which was AMH and result was 10.47 which is in the "low fertility" category. However, added to my age, the fact that I have DS and had a m/c means I still have a positive 34% chance of getting BFP.

Have opted to wait until September cycle as have bad back at mo and need to get that sorted first.

Good luck to all and who knows may see you in there one day! xxx :happy: :goodluck:
MUMMY # 2

Reg: Oct 11th 2010

Monday, October 11th 2010, 3:08pm

Hello everyone - new to this forum.

Hello!

I just stumbled across this fantastic forum today. Probably one of the best I've come across, really informative and friendly.

I'm posting on behalf of Manchester Fertility Services. A fantastic infertility clinic based in Manchester at the Bridgewater hospital.

It would be great to hear from anyone who has had any experiences with them. Let me know! :)

In the mean time, I'm going to carry on reading the forum!

Cheers all!

United Kingdom

Reg: Mar 3rd 2012

Children: Hopefully one day

What's Up?
Gutted

Saturday, March 3rd 2012, 4:11pm

Hello ladies,

I wonder if there is anybody out there in the middle of treatment at mfs? I had FET yesterday and would love to chat - treatment is quite lonely!

Constance

Me and DH: 39. TTC since Dec 2007 - unexplained infertility. Started IVF Aug 2011: 6 failed cycles (4 fresh, 2 FET); 3 blastos on ice

MY DIARY

Reg: Nov 14th 2012

Children: Babyangel Ethaniel born asleep June 2005 xxx

Friday, November 16th 2012, 9:24am

We are off to the MFS information evening next week to see what they are like and have to say - we wnet back in june before we had any treatment at all, so it will all make more sense to us this time round... we visited CARE this week and after seeing MFS will be looking to make a decision where to go for our second cycle.

Its such a massive decision!!
:whistling:

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE