You are not logged in.

Unread posts
  • "Phoebe" started this thread

Reg: Nov 13th 2008

Children: In my head, I'm a mother of two.

Thursday, October 25th 2012, 1:13pm

Down Regulating with Buserelin injections - no side effects yet

Hi

I've started down regulating with buserelin injections on Tuesday this week (today is the third day of injections) and I've had no real side effects yet (some tiredness and the odd spot). Is this normal?

I'm a bit concerned because on Tuesday I drew up and injected using a fine needle, yesterday and I drew up and injected using a long, thick needle because no one at the clinic had explained that the long ones were for drawing up and the then you had to swop to the fine ones. Today I put a long needle on and drew up, swopped needles, tapped and tried to get out a drop but there was no fluid inside the syringe at all! I had several goes with different needles and syringes until I finally got some out and was able to inject. Now I'm worried that I didn't inject anything yesterday because I didn't check if there was any fluid in the syringe because I was so freaked out by the size of the needle!

It's so tricky. My last ivf cycle was nearly 4 years ago and I use synarel to DR then and I can't remember when the symptoms started.

What should I do? Carry on as normal? I put the open vial next to an unopened one and there is definitely less in the open one so I guess just keep going.

Phoebs x
IVF 2009 = DD
Aug '11 natural bfp 5 yrs ttc m/c @ 8.5w
Dec '11 natural bfp m/c @ 6.5w
Oct/Nov '12 IVF no embryo to transfer

Net

Reg: Apr 10th 2010

Children: Two beautiful daughtersr - thank you Guys hospital

Thursday, October 25th 2012, 2:12pm

Hi Phoebe

I didn't have any side effects at all from buserilin, so you may just be one of the lucky ones. I always just used the 0.5ml insulin needle to draw up and inject.

Maybe call your clinic and ask their advice?

Good luck!
xx
NET

ICSI Feb 2011-:BFP: m/c
FET Aug11 & Nov 11 - cancelled pre ET
FET May 2012- :BFP:
DD born Feb 2013
FET Feb 2015 :BFP:
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Kitty

Superstar

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 4th 2008

Children: One little boy, thanks to IVF

Thursday, October 25th 2012, 3:23pm

It takes a while for any side effects to kick in, and some people have more than others. A few lucky people don't get any! So please don't panic, I am sure you are fine.

Reg: Apr 17th 2012

Sunday, October 28th 2012, 1:20am

Hey, I was worried about the lack of side effects this time around but they showed about a week and a half after starting the injections (now I can't wait to be rid of them!) I think your a bit early yet to have any. Also think you should carry on taking them and call clinic to confirm all is ok, I imagine it will be as you are at the beginning, will show up on your scan anyway if you haven't quite down regard yet x
** Lil Welshy ** xx

1st IVF with ICSI - Aug 2012 - :BFN: :tears:

7 Snow babies on ice!

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE