You are not logged in.

Unread posts

nouna

• "nouna" started this thread

Reg: Oct 9th 2012

Tuesday, October 9th 2012, 3:55pm

Low Sperm Motility - Help

Hi, i'm new to the site! I decided to join having been married for two years and no babies yet. we actually didn't try for the first year and since then we have been "trying & not preventing" for a year plus with no success...

My husband just went for a Semen analysis test which seems not so good... im really worried! I have no idea how bad these results actually are. They are as follows:

a) Volume 3.7ml
b) Number of sperm /ml is 24 millions
c) Formes Normales 72% (Normal values 70-100%)
d) Formes Anormale 28% (Normal Values 0-30%)
e) Motility at reception 35%
f) Motility after 1 hour 30%
g) Motility after 3 hours 20%

Does anyone have any experience of this and can shed any light on our situation? Any advice would be hugely appreciated!!! I have just got him some fertility vitamins (ACTY GOLD), is there any hope of us conceiving naturally??

Reg: Aug 1st 2009

Children: 4 boys 3 living 1 deceased

What's Up?
Life is getting there - mainly good days

Tuesday, October 9th 2012, 4:10pm

hi,

cant really help, but i cqn give you what we did.

dh has count of 12ml, and at 1 time motility of less than 34%. we've done ics and fet with 2 shock naturals.

ics = live birth
icsi=mc
natural = live birth
fet=mc
natural= mc (aug 12)

for this last pregnancy i had him on conenzyme q-10 30 mg, vit c 1000mg and wellman original. (contains zinc and selenium). after 3 months he had a sperm analysis test done and although his count hadnt gone up his motility had increased from less than 35% to 71%.

as to the hope for having children, between you the doctors and god willing - there is always hope!

just a lot of us have to work that little bit harder to achieve the dream ;) lurve

:xxx3: :xxx: :xxx3:
After a long hard infertility journey, i am now reluctantly done

nouna

Tuesday, October 9th 2012, 4:57pm

thx thejadematthews for sharing ur experience... i appreciate.

however, i would like to add the followings to my above results:
- Leucocytes 6-8 while average is 0-5
- PH 7.7

ginger85

Reg: Aug 14th 2012

Tuesday, October 9th 2012, 4:59pm

Hey Nouna I am the lady from babyexpert!

Have you seen the link at the bottom? Life in the lab for all your sperm questions? that is where the sperm scientist is and may be able to help you out more

Jo x

1 registered user thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

Sperm Scientist (09.10.2012)

nouna

Tuesday, October 9th 2012, 5:23pm

Hey Joey, glad to see you here too ;)

You are right, I believe I should have posted at "the lab for all your sperm questions" ... However I sent a message to Sperm Scientist; awaiting for her reply :)

sasha146

Reg: Aug 13th 2011

What's Up?
Adoption assessment complete

Tuesday, October 9th 2012, 5:31pm

Sorry for this short post but just wanted to say everything that can be wrong with sperm is wrong with my hubbys, the long and short of it was we had to have ICSI on the day of egg collection he only had 4 good/healthy/useable sperm, we now have a beautiful boy on our first try and two embroys waiting for us

x
ME 30 DH 37

ICSI Oct 11 :BFP
bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

1 registered user thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

Sperm Scientist (09.10.2012)

United Kingdom

Reg: Jun 5th 2007

What's Up?
My aim is to help improve chances of conception by comprehensive semen analysis and interpretation. Private holistic follow-up is available.

Tuesday, October 9th 2012, 6:08pm

Superman or out-of-touch laboratory?

Hi nouna

And here I am! Thank you for your post ... you're not going to like what I've got to say ..... it's not so much about the sperm results but the actual report...... Goodness! Where on Earth did he have his test done? The results are very strangely reported and not in line with World Health Organisation 2010 or even 1999 reference values. I find it very difficult to comment, as I would be very worried about any laboratory that reports 72% normal forms - that is pretty much unheard of as humans generally have terrible sperm and I rarely see the percentage of normal forms rise above 20%, let alone 70%. Because the methodology is dubious, I'm sorry I cannot assume any of it has been done correctly and in accordance with the WHO guidance. Please could you ask the laboratory that did it where they obtained their reference values and which methodology they are using and why they are not reporting to WHO accepted standards?

Sorry not to be of any help!
SS
Sperm Scientist's help is free, but if you found it useful

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE