Unread posts
  • "thejadematthews" started this thread

Reg: Aug 1st 2009

Children: 4 boys 3 living 1 deceased

What's Up?
Life is getting there - mainly good days

Saturday, August 25th 2012, 9:57am

finally clean in the day

just wanted to say my lil boy 2 yr and 1 month has finally cracked the toileting thing.

he has bee weeing for months in the toilet, was still in nappies when going out but over the last week he has cracked pooing in the toilet!!!! he has been going out for over a week in big boy pants and trousers and had 1 accident on the first day, since then no accidents. 2 night in a row ive put a nappy on him for bed, and when hes got up the nappy has been bone dry and hestook his own nappy off, ran to the toilet and had a wee.

so in one way i am so proud of him, but in the other way its tinged with sadness cos my last little baby is a baby no more. he is growing up, bless him ;-).

as for the toilet training, i did nothing special his brother was clean and using a potty in the living room when j was born, so he always saw what you do. and i just left potty hanging round when A had stepped up to the toilet. J has been using potty since he was about 15 months old, but only in the last 3 months has he made the connection of my bladder is full to i need the potty/toilet. its only this last week, hes made the connection that his bowel is full (he now tells me i need poo) and does it in the right place. before weeing was done in potty/toilet and pooing was done anywhere, mainly the floor and he always looked surprised. now hes got it!!!!!

so proud of him!!!!!

xxxxxxxxx
After a long hard infertility journey, i am now reluctantly done

Jasper

Reg: Feb 5th 2009

Children: A boy and girl - ICSI and a natural miracle!

What's Up?
soooooo happy!!!!!!

Saturday, August 25th 2012, 5:23pm

Thats great news! My DS is the same age ane we haven't even attempted it yet. I am hoping that by hanging on it may be easier but who knows!!! Tey do grow up far too quick!!!x

Jaspers Journey-My Diary

Feb 15 Shock BFP (8 o)

What's Up?

Saturday, August 25th 2012, 6:18pm

yeah i know they grow up far too quick. my eldest did it bkwards dry at night 15 months dry in day 15.5 months. my middle son was training when youngest was born so there is always a potty in the living room. i havent forced them at all just let them toddle to the toilet with me and kept a potty in full view from a young age. my middle son was dry at 19 months in the day and dry at night from about 2 onwards, but we still have to do 'dream wee' with him at 10 pm. the only prompting theyve had is if their naked and i see their willys go hard or they pull at their wily, then ive said do you want a wee? and theyve gone yes and gone to the potty. other than that, ive left them to it.

so i am really proud of him and glad i wont have to buy many more nappies but on the other hand aaaahhhhhh hes growing up. and he might not need me as much. (he will really, hes very clingy)

i really love all of them, but hes my baby (mock whisper not any more) lol.

i understand not attempting it, cos they are young, but if they show signs thenyou run with the ball. i certainly wouldnt try and force the issue. all the countless times hes pooed on the carpet (never ever chewed at him), just got it up and cleaned the carpet. no biggy! forcing the issue could have a detrimental effect. but doing by baby leading me, its easy!

thanks for replying, its all good

:thumbsup:
xxxxx

Reg: May 30th 2010

Saturday, August 25th 2012, 7:34pm

Congratulations for your little boy but understand the sadness too.

xx Rianon

jodiedoo

Ireland

Reg: Mar 20th 2010

Children: One gorgeous boy

What's Up?
All's great here

Saturday, August 25th 2012, 11:05pm

Ahhhh congrats on your little man :) Also understand the sadness, I feel it at every stage with my little man :-( and :)
TTC 10 years..... Me 41 Dh 48 Jodie's ICSI Diary

What's Up?

Sunday, August 26th 2012, 6:40pm

thanks ladies. so im not going insane after all :raspberry: :thumbsup2: nerner

:xxx3: :xxx: :xxx3: :xxx: :xxx3:

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE