You are not logged in.

Unread posts
  • "Macksie" started this thread

Reg: May 8th 2012

Children: Blessed with one beautiful boy

Sunday, August 19th 2012, 11:48am

Is it normal to feel so moody after EC!!

I am sure its all the hormones kicking around in my body plus the fact I had 18 eggs plucked from my ovaries but I am so irritable and moody. Its taken a good couple of days to recover from the EC as had quite a sore tummy and I am sure the progesterone doesn't help. I was all fine up to EC then boom feel like an old witch poor hubby!!
ICSI #1 & FET= BFN
FET #2= BFP early mc

ICSI #2- Sept 13 = :BFP: : D
Pprom at 28 weeks - Freddie James born at 32+4 perfect in every way lurve

United Kingdom

Reg: Mar 3rd 2012

Children: Hopefully one day

What's Up?
Gutted

Sunday, August 19th 2012, 12:40pm

Hi Macksie,

I think it is quite normal - after all, you've had your body filled with drugs and then you've been prodded and poked until you're sore! We put up with it because of what it's all for but it doesn't make us feel any better while we're going through it! I had to go to my MIL's surprise 70th birthday party the day after my first EC and I soooooo didn't want to go - I was in such a bad mood over it as I just wanted to curl into a ball on the sofa and nurse my bloated, sore tummy. We have some photos of that day now and I look like I'm sucking a lemon in every single one :snigger:

Hang in there hon - you've gone through the hard part and now you've stopped pumping your body with drugs, your emotions should start to calm down a bit.

I hope a good chunk of your eggs (18 - wow!!) have fertilized and that you get your BFP very soon - that will make everything worthwhile :thumbsup:

Good luck!

C xx

Me and DH: 39. TTC since Dec 2007 - unexplained infertility. Started IVF Aug 2011: 6 failed cycles (4 fresh, 2 FET); 3 blastos on ice

MY DIARY

• "Macksie" started this thread

Reg: May 8th 2012

Children: Blessed with one beautiful boy

Sunday, August 19th 2012, 3:59pm

Thanks hun i don't know how you managed a party the day after my hat is off to you! We currently have ten embies at day 2 stage so hoping for a gooden for transfer and some frosties. Hubby and I had a chat I think emotions and pressure run quite high around this time so just got to get through it the best we can.

Thanks Again xxx
ICSI #1 & FET= BFN
FET #2= BFP early mc

ICSI #2- Sept 13 = :BFP: : D
Pprom at 28 weeks - Freddie James born at 32+4 perfect in every way lurve