• "thejadematthews" started this thread

Reg: Aug 1st 2009

Children: 4 boys 3 living 1 deceased

What's Up?
Life is getting there - mainly good days

Tuesday, July 3rd 2012, 8:51pm

ovulating once every 8 wks

hi

thanks to my clearblue fertility monitor i have found out that im ovualting once every 8 weeks. so i am perimenopausal and i think i dont stand a chance of getting pregnant now. am i correct in thinking this?

thanks for any answers anybody may have

xxx
After a long hard infertility journey, i am now reluctantly done

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 24th 2006

Children: Three gorgeous daughters!

Tuesday, July 3rd 2012, 10:18pm

No. If you are still ovulating there is a chance. I've met and know of a few women that had their families in their 20's only to have another little bundle of joy arrive in their mid 40's after they thought they couldn't conceive because of their irregular af's.

You never know, you could get lucky. xfingers

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Wednesday, July 4th 2012, 6:07pm

I'm in the same boat Jade!

Reg: Nov 13th 2008

Children: In my head, I'm a mother of two.

Wednesday, July 4th 2012, 6:33pm

While cbfm is a useful guide it's not 100% foolproof. Only a thorough fertility work up will tell you what's going on. Have you had any blood tests done? Like follicle stimulating hormone etc.

All is not lost. I can't tell you how many stories I've heard and people I've met who've had surprises in their 40 even when they've adopted kids and had early forms of ivf etc back in the day.

Phoebs x
IVF 2009 = DD
Aug '11 natural bfp 5 yrs ttc m/c @ 8.5w
Dec '11 natural bfp m/c @ 6.5w
Oct/Nov '12 IVF no embryo to transfer

Wednesday, July 4th 2012, 6:38pm

Like Maria says, if you are ovulating there is a chance. It is obviously a lot more difficult to predict when you will ovulate though if you are not regular. Have you been to see your Dr to see what they can help with/do tests etc? I would recommend that you keep using the clearblue fertility monitor and get to the business when it shows you are ovulating. Best of luck! xxx

What's Up?

Saturday, July 7th 2012, 9:48am

i think maybe ive you the wrong idea unintentiionally.

i have a period every 28 - 32 days. but last month i got an follicle sign on monitor. month before i didnt. this month i didnt. next month im fully expecting to get a follicle signal.
when i had an antral follicle scan done 12 weeks ago, they said no foolicle seen in left ovary and 4 seen in right ovary. id had an amh test done in the january and that came back as 2.03, so fairly low.

im not with any clinics now as i cant justify the expense in this current climate, so now am just trying at home with a man who has known sperm isuues. low count, high deformity, low motility and clumping, so i dont think the chances are extremely good.

so maybe now is the time to accept the inevitable and give up gracefully. its got to the point now where i dread ovulation cos it means having to have sex. and i really dont want to. im also taking my very low sexdrive as a sign of menopause as my mum says your libido goes down somewhat when nearing the menopause.

i think my marriage is failing as well. i hate the way he stresses at the kids we do have and he has been sleeping on the sofa for the last 3 months. only coming into my bed when hes got to do the needful (yuk). we've been here before many times, but the differenceis i really cant be ar**d to try and save my marriage any more.

so maybe, just maybe, giving up on the baby thing is the best idea all round. i am so down right now. probably not the best place to post and when i started witing, i honestly didnt think i was going to say all this, but there you go. thanks for all your support ladies

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Saturday, July 7th 2012, 10:45am

Hi Jade,
I am sorry you are feeling like this. Maybe it is a good idea to leave the baby thing for a while, especially if your marriage is not going very well.
All the best

What's Up?

Friday, July 20th 2012, 5:22pm

thanks everyon for replying but ive done a complete uturn. spoken to him properly and just blurted out i want to go for deivf. didnt ask him, just told him. and after 30 seconds he said yes fine lets go ahead. i said What????? and he said well were trying for a baby arent we and your eggs are old no disrespect so its seems the perfectly natural next step.

woohoo!!!!!

so were game on :laugh: :clap thumbup

rang clinic but they only work half days fridays so someone will ring me back monday

:xxx3: :xxx: :xxx3:

What's Up?

Thursday, August 2nd 2012, 2:24pm

just a quick update - the reason ive been such a b**ch to him and hormonal and depressed and very happy and generally all over the place from 1 hour to the next is i found out today he's only hit the jackpot, with my low amh his low count but super motility due to vits and a clearblue fertility monitor. we have a lovely :BFP:

i kept my mornin sample of urine and got a clearblue digital one an hour ago and thats come up as 1-2 weeks. so dr would say 3-4 weeks since lmp.

we are absolutely thrilled.

my eternal gratitude to fertility zone for its wealth of knowledge on vits and cbfm. and my eternal gratitude to the good ladies on here who kn ow such alot of stuff about everything conception, pregnancy and baby minded. could not have done this without you all behind me every step of the way

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH (not shouting, just emphasing my gratitude)

:wine: :party: :thanx: [zx108] :rainbow:

:xxx3: :xxx: :xxx3: :xxx: :xxx3:

Reg: Jan 29th 2012

Children: 2 beautiful Angel babies xx

Thursday, August 2nd 2012, 6:02pm

:congrats: Jade! That is fabulous news! I wasn't expecting to see that outcome at the end of the post (8 o) You deserve this so much :xxx3:

Sep 10-IVF abandoned ?o( Jun 11:BFP-Premature Twins-too tiny to survive ;(:girl:1 day old :boy: 25 days old.Jun 12:BFP:mc 6w1d :| Oct 12:BFP:mc 7w2d ;( Apr 13:BFP: Our wonderful surrogate is carrying our baby!

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Komolafe" (Aug 2nd 2012, 6:04pm)

What's Up?

Friday, August 3rd 2012, 11:00am

thank you komolafe, really appreciated :-D xxx

Wardie

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 5th 2010

Children: 1 Beautiful Daughter & 1 Gorgeous Son

Friday, August 3rd 2012, 1:11pm

WOW :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

What's Up?

Saturday, August 4th 2012, 9:11am

thank you wardie. very nervous but enjoying it as well, wierdly.

good luck with your journey

xxxxx

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE