You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Buzzbee

• "Buzzbee" started this thread

Reg: Apr 14th 2009

Children: A son and daughter - our family is complete :)

What's Up?
Absolutely love being a mum of 2 but OMG it is hard work and very tiring! Wouldn't change it for the world though :)

Wednesday, July 11th 2012, 4:04pm

Toys for a 1 year old boy

Hi

My son's 1st birthday is in a couple of weeks and I am just after some more ideas for gifts. I have been given some on another thread and have already bought him a wheeliebug (but I don't think he will be able to use it for a good month or so as he isn't walking unaided yet). I am considering the following but wondered if anyone else had them and if they were a hit or if there is anything else that is good:

- spin and bounce zebra (though may wait until Christmas when he will be nearer 18 months)

- mega blocks table - thought it might be good as he likes standing at things so he can play and stand at the same time

- or the groove and learn musical table (as above)

- any other types of building toys - he loves knocking things down

- noah's ark with animals

- books - musical ones or ones with puppets

Would love to hear what people think of the above or like I said if they can recommend any other good fun boys toys. Oh and he already has a couple of the trikes from his grandparents so don't want to get him one of those. And he has loads of balls, of all sizes, so don't really want to get him another one.

It's hard not to go a bit mad isn't it LOL?! :snigger:

Thanks x
An almost 4 year old son and a 21 month old daughter :)

gemmab

FORUM MENTOR

Reg: Feb 8th 2008

Children: 2 miracle icsi boys and 2 step kids.

What's Up?
Getting ready for another egg donation!!!

Wednesday, July 11th 2012, 4:16pm

Just my opinion but here goes.

Bounce zebra nice but will get bored easily. My friend had one and she hardly used it.

Mega blocks table is great fun- we have one.

Music table great fun and keeps them entertained.

If you are going for building blocks you can't beat the wooden plain ones

How about some shape sorters? Books are always a great favourite. A drawing table is great for their creativity. A farm is a lovely thing as well.

My son always did and still loves all the chunky trucks and vehicles. Will last them for ages.

ICSI 1 Apr 08-m/c 9.5.8
FETJul 08-BFN
ICSI 2 Dec 08 (ES) -I'm a mummy Kaynan arrived 19.8.09! :heart:
ICSI 3 Dec 10 (ES) -BFN
FET Mar 11- BFP- M/C ;(
ICSI 4 (ES) -:BFP: 1.7.11 Cobi arrived 09.03.12 [zx160]
Egg donation Aug 2012 BFN for recipient- gutted
Egg donation Dec 2012 Recipient :BFP:
Egg donation 27.05.2013- not great - please pray for the recipient :dust:

Gracie

Reg: Jul 15th 2007

What's Up?
I now have double the trouble :)

Wednesday, July 11th 2012, 4:30pm

Happyland stuff! My daughter absolutely loves it and plays with it for ages and there are so many different sets and people to choose from. The little people quite often come on outings with us. She's also got a singing cooking pot that she adores.

The groove and learn music table is fab and megabloks are great too.

I have to be honest and say I was quite mean for Freya's first birthday and Christmas, she got so many things from other people!!

Me - 40 AMH 1.79, DH - 45
TTC since 04/06
6 x TX to date, inc 2 DIVF in Barcelona

One early loss, 04/09
Freya Grace arrived on 6/11/10 - Perfect at 6lb and 1/2 oz

Amazing natural :BFP: on 12/02/12
Poppy Ann arrived on 13/10/12 - Born at home weighing 6lb 12oz

We got there in the end! happydance

Buzzbee

What's Up?
Absolutely love being a mum of 2 but OMG it is hard work and very tiring! Wouldn't change it for the world though :)

Wednesday, July 11th 2012, 7:37pm

Thanks ladies.

Gracie - well I'm kind of thinking should we wait to see what he gets and then buy him what he didn't get and what we would like him to have. Relatives have asked for ideas and I have just said toys or clothes as I hate giving definite items as I don't want to assume how much they will spend IYSWIM. But I want him to have some nice presents to open on the morning of his birthday from us - though I expect he will be more excited about the wrapping paper ha!

The Happyland toys look good and I think we may get either the Megabloks table or the Groove table.

Gemma - he has the FP cookie jar, which is a shape sorter but as of yet he hasn't mastered putting them through the shape holes, just the top. He does like it but he is starting to get bored of it as he has had it since Christmas. I'm actually glad it's his birthday soon so he can have some new things to play with.

Thanks again :)

Reg: Mar 14th 2009

Children: A special baby boy and a beautiful baby girl

Thursday, July 12th 2012, 8:35am

We bought our DS a cozy coupe car for his 1st birthday & he loves it. It does say say suitable from 18 months but he loves sitting in it, being pushed in it and pushing it around himself too!

Nikki x

Over 5 years TTC, unexplained infertility
IVF Aug 09, IUI Nov 09, IUI Jan 10, IUI Mar 10 :BFN:
IVF Jul 10 :BFP:
Shock natural :BFP: on 16 Oct 12

JENSQUI

Megastar

Reg: Feb 26th 2007

Children: one very special daughter

Thursday, July 12th 2012, 9:23am

m loved the megabloks.
she had a bounce and spin zebra and did like it but not as much use for the size.

Does he have a smarttrike? M got one for her Xmas just before she was 1 and loved going in that until a couple of months ago (she's 2.5 now) when she started scooting by herself.

me 38, DP 44, ttc since 2005
BFP May 07 - HB seen @ 8 wks but CRL only 7 weeks, m/c @ 9 wks
BFP Jan 08 -m/c @ 11 wks (D&C)
BFP Jun 08 - early loss
BFP Dec 08 - HB & CRL ok @ 8 wks, but sac too small, m/c @ 9 wks
BFP Apr 09 - Martha born 9th Jan 2010
BFP Feb 12 - Eliza born 13th Oct 2012

Buzzbee

What's Up?

Thursday, July 12th 2012, 10:10am

My parents got him one of those 3 in 1 chad valley quad bike things that you either have as a rocker, push him, or he moves it himself with his feet. DH's dad has bought him a trike type thing too I think, not seen it yet though.

I've reserved the Mega Bloks table and a pack of 100 mega bloks at Argos smile2 Think we will then get him a couple of small toys so he has 4 to open on his birthday and then see what else he gets before maybe buying him one or two other toys. We said we may take him to a toy superstore after his birthday so it can be a fun trip for him too.

Thanks again for the replies. x

Reg: May 28th 2009

Thursday, July 12th 2012, 10:44pm

Lily has mags blocks and wooden blocks and much prefer the wooden ones.

She has the Noah's ark with shapes and has been playing on and off with that since Christmas.

She loves her bounce and spin zebra but doesn't stay on it long and has only just mastered it, six months after having it.

She loved wooden puzzles though and things she could bang and make noise with.

Buzzbee

What's Up?

Friday, July 13th 2012, 6:32am

Which wooden blocks have you got NH? An aunt bought him a wooden train at Christmas that you piece together, which looks fab but it says 18 months plus so reluctant to use it yet, even though I can't see any tiny pieces that I think he would fit in his mouth.

I like the Noah's ark, it looks good and I thought it'd be a good way of teaching him the different animals.

Will definitely get the zebra for Christmas when he is a bit older.

So much out there isn't there? He actually loves bashing my pans with a wooden spoon or playing with our TV remote just as much as his current toys LOL!

x

Friday, July 13th 2012, 8:28am

The blocks are early learning centre. Suitable from 12 months

Reg: Jul 15th 2009

Children: one perfect little girl

Sunday, July 15th 2012, 10:03pm

Buzzbee - L has the learn and groove table and she loves it...it's her fave present. Infact my deadhead a real trauma getting it (Argos messed him about) but it was well worth the trouble as she is always crawling over to play with it. She can kneel and play or stand and play with it.....although I've just googled the mega blocks table and that looks cool too...

What Noah's ark Re u thinking of getting.? I have just googled and lost of different ones came up. I have some pennies left for L some more prezzies :-))

L also got some wooden puzzles and really likes them. The wooden board type that have animal cut outs that u put in and out...iyswim....

Happy toy shopping xx

1st ICSI :BFN: ;(
2nd ICSI :BFP: happydance

Buzzbee

What's Up?

Monday, July 16th 2012, 11:48am

Booboo - it's the FP Little People Noah's Ark with extra animals. At Argos out of the 233 reviews it gets 5 stars so must be alright. It is for 12 months plus. I am definitely getting it N for his birthday as I think it'd be good to teach him the different animals.

Got him the Mega Bloks table yesterday - think it's a proper boys toy LOL!

xx

Monday, July 16th 2012, 12:06pm