You are not logged in.

Unread posts
  • "looking 4 BFP" started this thread

Reg: May 7th 2012

Tuesday, July 10th 2012, 12:22am

Robertsonian Translocation (13;14) and low sperm count......sucess stories

Any one has same problem Robertsonian Translaction 13 14 and low sperm count......please share your stories with me Thanks....

Reg: Jul 16th 2011

Children: 2 - fantastic sons, we are so very lucky!

Wednesday, July 11th 2012, 7:17pm

Hi there and welcome to fz, there are plenty of low count successes as it only takes one of the little beggars to fertilize an egg , I don't know much about genetic deletion / translocation but I am sure someone on here may have some useful information, Robertsonian can affect up to 5 pairs of human genes but you only have 2x (13,14) that are affected - whether or not that would definitely produce abnormalities or raise possibilities of downs etc is probably best explained by your consultant but there must be others with similar issues and this is definitely a good place to find answers. I wish you all the best and hope someone has the info you need.

Reg: May 30th 2010

Thursday, July 12th 2012, 8:18am

Hi,

I am not sure whether you are trying naturally or with IVF. Appart from the low count if you try naturally you have an added risk of miscarriage but I have a real life friend who just had her baby after 8(!) early miscarrieages. Sadly she also had another one since her daughter was born but the couple is a very strong, relaxed couple and they beleive in the natural approach :-). I don't know so much about sperm count but there is also a sperm thread with a lot of great advice how to increase and what are the real chances. A lot of people get pregnant with low count after they changed their lifestyle and increased the count a bit.

If you are looking into IVF or ICSI then the count does not matter as the embryologists pick out some good sperm and that's it. There is also a possibility to screen for the embryos with translocation with Preimplantation Genetic Testing (PGD). I am also not so knowledgable about PGD for translocation but some ladies on the PGD board are. Feel free to come over and have a chat :-) Some ladies are just in different stages of treatment but if you read back to the beginning of the chat thread or just have a look around the whole board there are lot of success stories. Here is the link: http://www.fertilityzone.co.uk/index.php…rd&boardID=230ű

Good luck with whichever approach you choose!

xx Rianon

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE