You are not logged in.

Unread posts

SUR

• "SUR" started this thread

Reg: Jul 6th 2012

Friday, July 6th 2012, 5:33pm

Does ICSI affect egg fertilization?

Hi,

I have low motility and only 2% sperms are normal and motile. The rest is having tail and head defects and the sperm count is about 22 miilion.I have two questions

1. Do I have good chance to father a baby.

2. Will ICSI technique affect egg fertilization or affects egg badly at all.

Kind regards

Surinder

Reg: May 30th 2010

Friday, July 6th 2012, 10:53pm

Hi I am no expert but didn't want to read and run.

1. Yes :-) The embryologists will select your good sperm so you have as much chance to conceive with ICSI as anyone else.
2. There are a few risks related to ICSI which can cause 1-2% increase in various things. Generally, if your babay have a chromosomal problem (due to either egg or sperm) it is likely to lead to early miscarriage which can sadly happen in a natural pregnancy just as well. There should not be any damage for the egg in the hands of an experienced embryologist. If there is they will discard that particular embryo.
+1 My first baby was born after ICSI treatment and completely healthy. Keep the faith :-)

Good luck!

xx Rianon

annab2

Reg: Feb 7th 2012

Children: Not yet

Saturday, July 7th 2012, 1:33pm

Hi Surinder

My consultant says that when it comes to fertilisation the egg contributes to 90% and sperm to 10%. So despite having a male factor issue, the whole process is pretty much lead by the woman side of things..I wouldn't worry as your count is good so there should be plenty of good sperm to choose from in the 2%

Best of luck
Anna
April 2012- ICSI BFN
Nov/Dec 2012- ICSI BFP

Reg: Oct 6th 2009

Children: One daughter born Feb '11

Monday, July 9th 2012, 10:07am

You definately have the chance to father a baby. We have a very healthy, over active, highly intelligent daugher born as a result of ICSI. They only pick the best looking swimmers for ICSI anyway.

Reg: May 8th 2012

Children: Blessed with one beautiful boy

Monday, July 9th 2012, 9:20pm

As we are about to go through icsi with a sperm donor my saying is where there is sperm there is hope!

Our clinic use icsi as standard practice when using donor sperm.even though his count etc is all fine in their view it holds the best chance of success you don't always get as many embreos but you get better quality.

Good luck on your journey x
ICSI #1 & FET= BFN
FET #2= BFP early mc

ICSI #2- Sept 13 = :BFP: : D
Pprom at 28 weeks - Freddie James born at 32+4 perfect in every way lurve

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE