You are not logged in.

Unread posts
  • "Lucyloo" started this thread

Reg: Oct 31st 2011

Thursday, May 31st 2012, 1:45pm

Embryo transfer and work

Hi

Can anyone tell me if they went back to work after embryo transfer and if not how long did you take off.

The first time I took 2 weeks off but this time i am not gonna be able to that as I don't have any holidays left to take.

Lucy Loo

xx

Tube Ectopic Right tube removed :bawl: Miscarriage :bawl:
April 2012 1st IVF attempt :BFN: July FET 2012 :BFP: Heart beat seen 6 +
Henri Owen William born 6/3/13 baby7

Reg: Jan 5th 2009

Children: 3 children

Thursday, May 31st 2012, 1:57pm

Hi Lucy Loo, I had transfer recently and I went back to work the next day. This is my 3rd cycle. The first was in Prague and they made me rest for a week after...that led to then last year i changed clinics to a London one and was told I could return to work straight away and act as normal. That resulted in a but i sadly misc at 10 wks. This time I am doing the same till I test on saturday! Just remember no heavy lifting and no baths for 48 hours.
:BFP: June 2012

Baby girl Millicent (Millie) born 16/1/13 bab21

Curlytails

GLOBAL MODERATOR

United Kingdom

Reg: Apr 18th 2010

Children: One gorgeous boy

What's Up?
:)

Thursday, May 31st 2012, 2:19pm

My first cycle I took a week off but on my successful cycle I went straight back to work. I found it helped to keep busy and being around people who had no idea meant that the focus was off tx.

Good Luck xx

6 x IVF, 3 x FET
3 x MMC, 3 x :BFN:, 1 x failed thaw
Two gorgeous boys.

United Kingdom

Reg: Mar 7th 2011

Children: 2 little beans on the way!

Thursday, May 31st 2012, 2:59pm

I had the day of ET and the following day off before returning to work and I got a BFP. I found it better to have something to occupy my mind, think I would have gone mad at home.

Me:30
DH:38
TTC since 2008
6xClomid 2010 :BFN:
3xIUI 2011 :BFN:
1st IVF Feb 2012 :BFP: Identical twins :boy: :boy: born 23/10/12

My Diary

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Thursday, May 31st 2012, 8:00pm

I think it depends on what you feel like doing. Rest doesn't mean bfp.
Good luck!

• "Lucyloo" started this thread

Reg: Oct 31st 2011

Friday, June 1st 2012, 8:08am

Thanks Guy's for your reply's. Feel so much better now thankyou xx

Tube Ectopic Right tube removed :bawl: Miscarriage :bawl:
April 2012 1st IVF attempt :BFN: July FET 2012 :BFP: Heart beat seen 6 +
Henri Owen William born 6/3/13 baby7

Reg: Jun 5th 2012

Tuesday, June 5th 2012, 11:19pm

embryo transfer work

Hi all, i am new to this,,,,, just joined today. i had my embryo transfer on 1st june and im still off work.... my job can be stressfull and require running around/lifting etc so i decided to book 2 weeks off, i may go back next week though as i am getting alittle bored and my mind is going crazy. so im on day 4 after embryo transfer and am having period like pains ever since transfer. is this normal... i feel like my period is coming. please let me know your experiences on this. :-) x

Reg: Jan 5th 2009

Children: 3 children

Wednesday, June 6th 2012, 6:10am

Beechybaby don't worry about cramps too much,can be a good thing. I had this almost throughout 2 week wait and was convinced I would get AF but was good news for me. Good luck :xxx:
:BFP: June 2012

Baby girl Millicent (Millie) born 16/1/13 bab21

Wednesday, June 6th 2012, 10:17am

Thank you. congratulations on your good news! xx

• "dangermouse99" is no longer a member of FZ
  • Tuvalu

Reg: Jan 11th 2012

Wednesday, June 6th 2012, 11:42am

2WW Question

Ladies hello

Hope you are all ok

I will be starting treatment soon & really wondering if I should be booking my 2ww of of work all together. I work in a highly stressful job in a contact centre & basically get abuse all day everyday. Also I am sat here today & I am FREEZING because of the air con. We are not allowed to touch it. I have read it is bad to be cold during the 2ww.. so really considering having time off for my 2ww. Will the stress & the tempreture of the office have an affect on the sucess of the treatment?

I am doing my hypnosis cd most nights now & will start accupuncture again in prep for the treatment..but after 4 days & being here for this morning my stress levels are through the roof again..

I actually want to scream I am so cold!

Help!

Reg: Jan 16th 2011

Children: Our beautiful angel Evie and her new baby sister Isla, our wee rainbow.

Wednesday, June 6th 2012, 11:57am

Hi Dangermouse

This is such an individual thing. Some people need to work during their 2ww because the wait drives them crazy. I am a believer in reducing your stress as much as possible. I actually gave up work altogether for our second treatment as i was in a hugely stressful job and hey presto, got a bfp. So, i say go for it!! Take the 2 weeks off and just do things you want to do to help you relax. I know they tell you to carry on as normal but a stressful job is not helpful.

Wishing you lots of luck for your up-coming treatment. xxx

• Tuvalu

Wednesday, June 6th 2012, 12:04pm

Thanks for the response hon

I think you are probably right - I cant help but get stressed in this place its totally unavoidable..to be honest Id rather sit around twiddling my thumbs than sit here in a rage for 2 weeks.

Trouble is holiday... I dont even know if I will be able to book it off as only 3 of us are allowed off at a time & there is 13 of us so during summer months, holidays are always taken, I think Id be best getting a sick note to be honest...

I simply will not let this place ruin my chances... is that bad of me to get signed off during this time? will the GP be understanding? x

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Curlytails" (Jun 6th 2012, 12:27pm)

Reg: Feb 3rd 2011

Children: One beautiful daughter -born Oct '11

Wednesday, June 6th 2012, 12:27pm

As RG said, it's a very individual one this. ALL the latest research says not to take time off as it will have no effect BUT I didn't - I was very lucky to have an immensly understanding boss and she gave me the time off, fully paid. My job was also stressful and I'll never know if it would have made any difference or not, but I have my baby so you can draw your own conclusions.

What I will say is that if you don't take the time off and your treatment doesn't work, you will forever blame your job on the failure. Does that make sense?

Not sure about the doctor signing you off , hopefully someone will have the answer to that.

I hope this works for you, I really do.

xxx

5 - yes FIVE angels baby5 All early losses due to elevated NK cells.

1st IVF january 2011 resulted in our beautiful daughter born Oct 2011 bab10

My diary

United Kingdom

Reg: Jul 2nd 2009

Children: Beautiful Jessica Mae x Holly and Elliot!

Wednesday, June 6th 2012, 12:30pm

It is your own choice obviously but I have always taken the entire 2WW off of work (when I have been working). It works for me because I like to stay in bed for the first week and then slob around the house for the second. It doesn't work for others though because it can cause cabin fever and make the waiting and wondering even harder!
3 X ICSI
Jessica Mae Duffety born sleeping on 9 January 2011 (21+2) - TS and HLHS
Holly and Elliot Duffety born on 16 October 2011 (25+6)
Natural Surprise - Matthew Evan Duffety born sleeping on 11 October 2013 (15+5)

• Tuvalu

Wednesday, June 6th 2012, 12:57pm

Thanks everyone for the responses..
I really feel like I need to whether that be signed off or holiday - trouble is if I request this as holiday 1st & get refused it'll look very dodgy then being signed off... tough one really.
The amount of stress in this place is not going to so me any good at all I don't think..
xx

Wednesday, June 6th 2012, 5:16pm

Hi Dangermouse... in response to your question about work: i have taken the full 2 weeks off work, this is my 1st IVF cycle and im currently on day 5 of my 2ww. my job stresses me out and i didnt want that to affect my chances, so ive just been chilling out, going for walks and baking etc :-) it also may be worth asking your clinic as mine have signed me off for the 2 weeks - i was honest with my employer and explained it all to them and they were great about it. so before you decide to book it off as hioliday i would contact your clinic and see if they are able to sign you off, then depending on what they say speak to your employers. hope you sort it out. xx :)

Reg: Jan 10th 2012

Children: None

Wednesday, June 6th 2012, 6:12pm

Hi Dangermouse, just to echo others I went back to work pretty much straight away on my 1st cycle & got a BFN. I'm due to start my 2nd cycle & have decided to take off the 2WW this time. Also my clinic will sign me off sick so it worth discussing it with them - no right or wrong answer I guess! Goodluck xXx

1st IVF cycle Feb 2012 :BFN: :sniff:

2nd IVF cycle July 2012 :BFP: bab22

• Tuvalu

Wednesday, June 6th 2012, 7:05pm

Now cooking, walking, reading, eating, snoozing all sounds much better!!!!
I think you are all right.. what if im seen out & about while im signed off tho? I can imagine everyone in my office bitching about me to be honest!
xx

• Tuvalu

Wednesday, June 6th 2012, 7:08pm

Now cooking, walking, reading, eating, snoozing all sounds much better!!!!
I think you are all right.. what if im seen out & about while im signed off tho? I can imagine everyone in my office bitching about me to be honest!
xx

Just to add I took 123 calls today from all either moaning or very angry abusive people! Usually I am a tough nuts & can handle them all but at the moment I am like a wee little mouse who just wants to squeak quietly in the corner..I think it's for the best I take the 2ww off!

x

Thursday, June 7th 2012, 9:46am

Hi Dangermouse

do your colleagues at work know about your situation? i have been very open about my treatment as im close to all my colleages (however not one of them had contacted me during my time off!) i dont think it matters if you are seen out and about while off work its nobody business but yours.... if u are getting stresses at work then just chill out at home, stress affects us more than we know. hope you are doing ok today. :xxx:

• Tuvalu

Thursday, June 7th 2012, 10:30am

Hey Hon

Yes - I was way to excited not to tell anyone that would listen - kind of regret telling everyone though. Esp if it doesn't work :/

I'm always ok & in a great mood.. until about 10am then I'm pulling my hair out again! x

Thursday, June 7th 2012, 10:41am

Hello!!

yeah im the same...told everyone and anyone although i dont think anyone gives a s**t as havent had any contact from anyone which is a bit lonely... so glad i have found this site to keep me occupied....... fingers crossed it will work for us all! xx

• Tuvalu

Thursday, June 7th 2012, 10:46am

Well count it as a blessing hon - I have people asking me every 5 mins... I say to them now I will let them know of any updates!

Wonder if my clinic will sign me off .... if I go to GP I know they are gona ay to sign myself off for 5 days self cert & come back! (Hate my docs)

x

Thursday, June 7th 2012, 11:06am

you should phone your clinic to find out....to save yourself worrying about it. xx

• Tuvalu

Thursday, June 7th 2012, 11:46am

I am there tomorrow (eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeekkk!) for my nurse planning appointment so I will ask then! :)

xx

Reg: Jun 1st 2012

Children: Nil

Thursday, June 7th 2012, 12:32pm

Hi Dangermouse

Ditto a lot of the comments already said personally I have booked off a couple of shifts so I only do two shifts a week. But my friend was able to gt a 'fit note' from her GP but I appreciate there is little consistency between them. Also a very good point was the fact that if things don't turn out this time then you will look back and possibly regret not making the right decision at this time.

Really difficult situation but I would ask for a note or seek some help from our clinic.

Good luck all. :goodluck:
Ameta

Thursday, June 7th 2012, 9:49pm

dangermouse - hope your appointment goes well tomorrow. let us know how you get on. :goodluck:

• Tuvalu

Thursday, June 7th 2012, 10:57pm

Thanks ladies..

All ready for tomorrow.. & excited :)

xxx

Friday, June 8th 2012, 6:22pm

Hi Ladies how are you all?

Dangermouse - how did youa appointment go today?

• Tuvalu

Monday, June 11th 2012, 10:37am

Hey hun

went well - not sure what I was nervous about!
Had our counselling sesh, OH SA (which he is scared about!) and nurse planning appointment where we went through treatment. I will be on a short protocol..

All we need to wait now for is a match... (Hurry up!)

Got it into my head that as I am 34 it's taking longer as no one wants my old eggies!

Hopefully won't be too much longer :)

How you doing? xx

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE