You are not logged in.

Unread posts
  • "lizzy dripping" started this thread

Reg: Aug 12th 2009

Children: Boy, girl, twin boys

Thursday, May 24th 2012, 2:43pm

Follicle size

Hi - does anyone know anything about follicle sizes, and where they should ideally be?

I had an u/s yesterday on day 9 of stims. I am on 150 menopur and .25 cetrotide, they're keeping the meds low because I had lots of antral follicles and over responded last cycle.

I had roughly 5 follies measuring 10-12mm on one side, and 4 at 10-13 on the other, there were another 15 smaller than 10. They told me to continue with the same dose and go in on day 11 for another u/s.

These figures didn't sound that good to me, mainly because they seem to be growing more slowly than last time. By day 8 I had 2/3 follies at 17mms and 6/8 at around 15mms. They triggered me on day 9!!! I am 3yrs older now and at 39 concerned that my dose should have been upped yesterday just to speed things along.

Any of the more experienced ladies got any thoughts? I have no idea what's good or bad xxx
I

Reg: May 30th 2010

Thursday, May 24th 2012, 11:30pm

Hi Lizzy I was told that the most important is that the follicles are similar size which they are for you :)

Good luck!

x Rianon

• "lizzy dripping" started this thread

Reg: Aug 12th 2009

Children: Boy, girl, twin boys

Friday, May 25th 2012, 12:39am

Thanks for that, I had no idea x
I

United Kingdom

Reg: Mar 3rd 2012

Children: Hopefully one day

What's Up?
Gutted

Friday, May 25th 2012, 8:20am

Hi,

I was told that they aim to retrieve 10-15 eggs as more than that is associated with over-responding which they try to avoid. Your health is their main concern, although I know how you feel - once we decide to put ourselves through this, we want as many eggs as possible for our efforts!

It looks like yours are coming along nicely though - try not to worry (easier said than done, I know!)

C xx

Me and DH: 39. TTC since Dec 2007 - unexplained infertility. Started IVF Aug 2011: 6 failed cycles (4 fresh, 2 FET); 3 blastos on ice

MY DIARY

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE