You are not logged in.

Unread posts
  • "lizzy dripping" started this thread

Reg: Aug 12th 2009

Children: Boy, girl, twin boys

Monday, May 21st 2012, 7:48pm

Feeling ill on day 7 of stimms

Hey everyone. On day 7 of menopur 150 and cetrotide. As the day has worn on I have felt increasingly unwell. Headache, joint aches, leg pains and lower abdominal aching. I had moderate ohss last cycle 3yrs ago and am on a short protocol again to avoid it. I have 20+ follicles, but only 6/7 that are around 10mms, and my e2 is at 750 so at the moment I'm not over responding.

Please remind me ladies that this is normal towards the ends of stimms. Have other ladies felt this grim at this stage? I don't mind it so long as I know it's normal and there isn't something badly wrong. I remember feeling poorly suddenly last time, but don't remember how bad.

Any feedback would be fab thanks girls xxx

Ps - I feel shivery too, is that normal?
I

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Monday, May 21st 2012, 7:53pm

I've never felt I'll during treatment so I would ring the clinic for advice. 20 follicles is a lot, even if small.
Please ring your clinic and tell them your symptoms.
Take care

Curlytails

GLOBAL MODERATOR

United Kingdom

Reg: Apr 18th 2010

Children: One gorgeous boy

What's Up?
:)

Tuesday, May 22nd 2012, 7:33am

I'd speak to your clinic too. It may be that everything is fine and normal for you but as you are worried you are worth getting checked out.

Good Luck x

6 x IVF, 3 x FET
3 x MMC, 3 x :BFN:, 1 x failed thaw
Two gorgeous boys.

• "lizzy dripping" started this thread

Reg: Aug 12th 2009

Children: Boy, girl, twin boys

Tuesday, May 22nd 2012, 6:13pm

Thanks ladies :) I phoned clinic and they said they'd never heard of such a reaction, but that literature says its possible. Just done my injections and so far it hasn't happened again. I took extra care today to drink litres of water and eat salty foods (all recommendations to help with ohss). It has made the world of difference.

Last night I ate an Indian meal and within 30mins was feeling lots better - something to do with replacing electrolytes lost because vessels become leaky in ohss ladies. Last time I got it I did have sticky blood as a result so I'm obviously prone to it. Hopefully I've found a solution.

Thanks for the support xxx
I

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE