You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

United Kingdom

Reg: Mar 23rd 2011

Thursday, March 1st 2012, 1:47pm

Hey whiteangel good to hear you are getting fat heehee, bet its the only time in life we will be glad of that! Hope you get the house sold soon! I know the feeling about work we are just manic at the moment :-(

Great news Hope!

xx

Reg: Dec 25th 2009

Children: One Angel son 15.5.11 and a Rainbow baby son 13.10.12

Thursday, March 1st 2012, 9:09pm

Hi everyone, we have been quiet!

Lightning did you get your latest AMH results yet? Aww, don't worry hun at least you have a date now. And it may always be sooner than June/July if things go well? The summer months are great to have treatment though, lots of sun around to increase your vitamin D levels which is good for ttc. So every cloud has a silver lining!

Woohoo hope, at last! It's such a good feeling getting the ball rolling, but very surreal. What's going to be in your pack hun, paperwork or treatment drugs?

Good to hear you're getting nice and round whiteangel :thumbsup: Hope the house sale goes smoothly, as stress-free as possible.

AFM I'm well into my morning sickness days. Didn't get much sleep last night so today is especially bad, don't think it's eased since I woke up this morning. Hey-ho, as long as little one is growing well. I must get up and take my vitamins and evening meds! Catch up with you all again soon. x
1st PGD cycle Dec 2010 - BFP + four frozen

Sadly we lost our precious son 12.5.11
Hopefully I'll be a mummy again soon...

FET Jan/Feb 2012 :BFP: !
xfingers:pray:xfingers
Hopeful2010
xxxxxxxx

Reg: Feb 25th 2011

Thursday, March 8th 2012, 12:44pm

Huge congrats to the ladies who are pregnant. so encouraging to see that you got through it all!

Sorry I've not been on for ages, I've been trying to keep my mind off it which has proven difficult since I think everyone I know is pregnant at the moment! Which I obviously feel is a personal dig at me!! Infertility makes you so jealous and selfish!!!

We got word yesterday that our PCT have approved funding! That's the good news!

The bad news is that I have been in touch with Alison at GUYS and she said that we have gone about it in totally the wrong way and that we should have seen them first for them to decide if we are even suitable for treatment!

Soooo frustrating! I'm getting worried that my AMH won't last 12 months whilst they make these probes either, and that's even if they can treat our specific condidition!

I CAN'T WAIT ANYMORE!!!!!!

Anyway rant over

Kisses to all x
ICSI PGD 2012 no transfer
ICSI PGD may 2013 no transfer
DIVF converted to IUI :BFN:
DIUI March 2014 :BFP: Ectopic

DIUI Sept 2014

Sunday, March 11th 2012, 7:25pm

Hi Gingerbean, congratulations on getting your funding, that's great news! I really hope Guys are still able to treat you, have they given you an appointment to see one of the doctors to discuss your AMH and when you may be able to start treatment? Will your probes really take 12 months to make? I hope it's sooner, so that you don't have to wait too long until you're pregnant too! :hugs:

x

Hopeful2010
xxxxxxxx

Reg: Feb 25th 2011

Monday, March 12th 2012, 1:02pm

Hi hopeful and thanks for your reply! Congratulations on your fabulous news!

I am not sure how long our probes will take I'm just going off what other ladies have said on here. how long did yours take if you don't mind me asking?
ICSI PGD 2012 no transfer
ICSI PGD may 2013 no transfer
DIVF converted to IUI :BFN:
DIUI March 2014 :BFP: Ectopic

DIUI Sept 2014

United Kingdom

Monday, March 12th 2012, 1:55pm

Hi hun great news hope you can get started soon! Ours took about 10 months for our probes roughly x

United Kingdom

Reg: Oct 1st 2009

Monday, March 12th 2012, 5:38pm

We were told three months but it was nearer 6. Started treatment 10 months after sending off blood samples x
My blog - PGD
OTD 27/11/11 :BFP:
[zx076] seen 19/12/11 7w+2 9w+3 12w+2

Monday, March 12th 2012, 7:39pm

Thanks Gingerbean :) Ours were super-fast, we were told 3 months but they were ready in 8 weeks. Our gene is a very simple mutation though, and with my dad being affected and my mum not, I think their samples helped a lot.

Sending you lots of three-month-max vibes!!!

xxx

Hopeful2010
xxxxxxxx

Reg: Mar 27th 2011

Monday, March 12th 2012, 7:46pm

I think I have had the longest wait, our probes were finally completed 2 weeks ago - they took 1 year! x

rianon

Reg: May 30th 2010

Wednesday, March 14th 2012, 9:13pm

Ours took a year as well although we were told 3 to 6 months. DH-s dad died long ago (from the genetic mutation...) so we didn't have the right blood samples although luckily his lovely sister helped with donating her blood. Speak to your family ;-) xx

Olivia-B

Reg: Mar 16th 2012

Friday, March 16th 2012, 10:28am

Hi All,

I'm a newbie & I stumbled upon this site yesterday when I wanted to see if anyone was sharing the same experiences as me.

First of all, I'd like to say a huge thank you to all who have been contributing as it has been so helpful and supportive to me to hear your stories, both happy & sad.

I can't stay long for my first post as I'm off today to have a scan to assess my follicles. I'm in the stimulation phase and have been having scans every 2 days because like Hopeful123, I've been told that initially my follicles hadn't grown enough. Now they think that there are a few more which may approach maturity if left, so I was asked to continue treatment and be assessed today.

I may have my EC day set for Monday so fingers crossed.

I'm really scared :S that I may have released early or overstimulated though because I've been feeling v uncomfortable in the pelvic region. It may just be the follicles growing though, so let's be hopeful.

Speak later.

I'll be praying for the best for us all.

God bless. :)

Olivia-B

xxx
Olivia-B
xxxxxxx

:girl_in_love:

United Kingdom

Friday, March 16th 2012, 5:36pm

Hi Olivia and welcome! I remember feeling very uncomfortable just before EC so sounds perfectly normal. Hope your scan goes well! If it helps, I'll be half way through my pregnancy, so it is all worth it! There are lots of lovely ladies on this forum and we are all here to offer support if you need it! We are the only ones who really understand what you are going through! Is this your first treatment? Where are you? Xx
My blog - PGD

Friday, March 16th 2012, 8:46pm

Hi Olivia, well done for finding us! I remember finding this thread and staying up all night to read everyone's stories. It really helped to take away the lonely feeling. Like whiteangel said, if you need anything just ask, the board is a bit quiet these days but we're still around.

It's very unlikely that you'll ovulate early as the follicles wont mature until 36 hours after you take the trigger injection. Sometimes they even give you medication to stop early ovulation too, I had to keep sniffing buserelin nasal spray until egg collection for that purpose.

Good luck for Monday!! Will you be having a day 5 transfer?
x

Hopeful2010
xxxxxxxx

Olivia-B

Saturday, March 17th 2012, 1:29pm

Hi...
Hope all are well. Thanks for the welcome.

I was also up all night reading posts. My husband has been great and really supportive but you're right, it's not quite the same as the ladies going thro it.

I'm 38 and my DH is 35. We live in London. We're doing PGD due to a single gene disorder.

Whiteangel - It's our first cycle. We first started the process of application and preparation towards the end of 2010 so we're really happy to be finally moving forwards. A huge congratulations on your pregnancy! How many weeks are you? I hope it's all going ok.

Hopeful2010 - Thanks for your reassuring words. I've been taking the nasal spray too & I hadn't released early.

My scan went well yesterday, thanks. At least 6 more follicles have now grown to the required size, thank God, so it was definitely worth the wait of the extra couple of days. It's a testament to the skill of the teams who look after us.
We have had our EC date confirmed for Monday 19th so my trigger injection is tonight. If all is well & we have embryos to transfer by God's grace, ET will be on Saturday 24th (day 5).

Thinking of you all. :girl_in_love:

Olivia
:xxx:
Olivia-B
xxxxxxx

Monday, March 19th 2012, 4:06pm

xfingers After 3.5 years of infertility DH and I finally have a start date for our ICSI & PGD treatment.

The phone call came this morning :) I am so happy that we can focus on a date now, the waiting game has been so difficult to cope with. That waiting game is now in the PAST!

I have an appointment on Thursday 5th April at 8.30am - I will receive my Prostap Injection then.

So, the journey begins and I will pray like I have never prayed before! xfingers

Wednesday, March 21st 2012, 8:16pm

Congratulations Hope2011! Wishing you all the best for your treatment. Its so strange knowing you dont have to wait anymore isn't it? :) I have my first nhs scan on that exact date, so here's hoping its a lovely start for us both xxx

Hopeful2010
xxxxxxxx

Wednesday, March 21st 2012, 10:04pm

I hope I am as lucky as you hon. IVF is hard enough but PGD on top! Fingers crossed.

Looking forward to hearing all about ur scan :) x

Reg: Aug 2nd 2010

Thursday, March 22nd 2012, 9:17am

Hi All -
Looks like everyone is doing well at the moment
Olivia - hope the EC and transfer process is going well - am keeping my fingers crossed for you!
And good news hope on your start date :)
I'll keep checking back for updates!
xx

Olivia-B

Saturday, March 24th 2012, 4:03pm

Hi All...

What a beautiful day!

I hope everyone is well.

Hopeful2011....really good news to hear that your date is set to start treatment. You must both be getting so excited as the day is getting closer & closer.

Hope123....just reading aboutyour journey.Sorry to hear that your cycle was discontinued before EC. I was worried when I was being told that my follicles hadn't gotten big enough & to return for repeat scans but I guess it was ok for me in the end.

Hopefully it will work out for you for the next round especially if you'll be on a higher dose of stim treatment. All the best. [zx075]

For all who are waiting for treatment start dates, it may be worth asking if there are any cancellations which may allow you to start sooner. Who knows?

I'm doing ok, thanks everyone for asking. I had my EC on Monday 19th (March). I was blessed enough to have 23 eggs collected so the doctors were definitely right to have had me wait longer before my EC.

I felt awful that night though. :-( My tummy got so bloated, swollen, uncomfortable and even became painful. It was hard for me to walk around. I was convinced that I was hyperstimulating, particularly since I had had a rapid increase in the number of follicles in a short space of time. I was really worried that I would have my ET cancelled. I drank loads & loads of water which made it even more uncomfortable it made me feel even more bloated. Anyway, lots of water & prayers later, I was feeling much better.

By God's grace, we received good news about our progress. Of the 23 eggs, 17 were mature enough for fertilization. 9 fertilized overnight & 6 were unaffected when tested.

We transferred 2 today so we will continue to pray & wait forour test day.

Thank you everyone for your support.

Much love... [zx076]

Olivia-B
xxxxxxx

rianon

Wednesday, March 28th 2012, 7:51pm

Just a quick hello and wishing everyone the best of luck especially Olivia and Hopeful2010 for your test / scan. I work late most nights work is absolutely hectic so I am not here very often. My daughter is over 1 now but I still get to spend 3 full days per week with her and she and my wonderful husband keep me going. It was definitely worth all the difficulties of PGD xxx

Olivia-B

Wednesday, April 4th 2012, 1:47am

Hi All...

I hope you are all well.

Rianon - Thanks very much for your words of encourgement.

We continue to pray to God for grace to be granted a postive result.

Best of luck to everyone whatever stage you are at.

Lots of love... [zx076]
Olivia-B
xxxxxxx

United Kingdom

Thursday, April 26th 2012, 6:08pm

Hey ladies been so quiet here!

Well I heard today that I get my prostap injection on 16th May!!!
xx

Thursday, April 26th 2012, 6:12pm

WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! You must be on cloud 9 :) x x

United Kingdom

Thursday, April 26th 2012, 6:13pm

Super Lightening. I'm now 26weeks and doing well. Feeling rather tired but other than that I'm well xx
My blog - PGD

United Kingdom

Thursday, April 26th 2012, 6:49pm

I am I just can't believe we are getting started in 20 days! I honestly had convinced myself it wouldnt be till next cycle, June time! Need to get reading up and refresh my memory on everything Ive been reading for the last 16 months lol!

How you feeling Hope? Never know we may bump into each other at hospital. I opted for 8.15am appointments so will be up early to go to them but means I wont have to take whole days off work. How long were you there for on your prostap injection appointment?

fabby Whiteangel great to hear it you are well on your way!! xx

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Lightning" (Apr 26th 2012, 6:51pm)

Thursday, April 26th 2012, 7:29pm

All our appointments are at 8.30 so you never know :)

We were in for about 30 minutes. The injection only takes a few seconds. The nurse will talk you through the nasal spray etc 2, I start that on Sunday and daily injections nxt Thu x

United Kingdom

Thursday, April 26th 2012, 8:34pm

oooh cool :-)

Pencilled in dates she gave me are:- 16th May prostap, 7th June stimms, 15th June scan, 16th June last boost injection, 18th June EC, 22nd June ET :-)
xx

Saturday, April 28th 2012, 8:58pm

Hello ladies!

Lightning what fantastic news!! At long last eh? :happydance:

How has it been going for you Hope2011? xfingers all is still on track.

Dear Olivia, how are you? I hope you got the good news you've been waiting for following your embryo transfer?

Hi Whiteangel, rianon, hopeful123 and everyone else!

All is going well so far with us at almost 17weeks. The scan was nice and brought a few tears to my eyes seeing my second child alive and happy inside me. I won't feel out of the woods until he/she arrives safe and sound and I battle my anxieties a lot, but I am trying very hard to stay relaxed and happy as much as possible for this baby's sake.

Our second midwife appointment is on Monday, so hopefully I'll get to hear his/her heartbeat. I'm hoping to start feeling definite movements soon too, as it was around this time last time.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend and happy cycling!

X

Hopeful2010
xxxxxxxx

Sunday, May 6th 2012, 9:53am

It's very quiet in here just now! Is everyone ok? x

Sunday, May 6th 2012, 8:47pm

I'm doing ok, I've just been waiting for someone to respond haha! I'm not on FZ much at the mo but it's nice to see how everyone's getting on. How is your cycle going? What's the next stage for you? X

Hopeful2010
xxxxxxxx

Monday, May 7th 2012, 3:59pm

Me too. I am mainly on twitter now - loads of ppl use it for fertility support now!

I am currently on day 6 of my injections. Also using nasal spray 4 times a day. I am doing ok, I am feeling dehydrated and headaches but other than that I am surviving. I go in on Monday for egg collection, biopsy day will be the following friday. I am just so so scared I dont have any for ET. Starting to really worry about it now!

Great to hear you are doing so well, cant believe you are almost 18 weeks! Its flown in hon xx

United Kingdom

Monday, May 7th 2012, 8:19pm

Glad all is well with you Hopeful!

You are flying on with your treatment Hop! I must admit that is my fear too :-(

9 days to prostap!

xx

Monday, May 7th 2012, 8:25pm

It really is my biggest fear, I just want to know now!!!

9 days will fly in :) x

United Kingdom

Wednesday, May 9th 2012, 1:52pm

Not long till EC Hope!!!! Will have everything crossed for you hun.

7 days and I will have had my prostap yay!!!!

Booked car in for MOT for Saturday to get the stress of that out the way haha

xx

rianon

Thursday, May 10th 2012, 9:17am

Hi guys, I am just in the middle of our 3rd PGD it is horrible I hate it all. First I decided to write a blog but then totally abandonded it and all fetility related things on the net. I am very pessimistic. This whole process changed me for the worst. I remember how carefree I was on the first cycle I really want to get myself back but not ready to give up my dreams just yet. I just sit here crying... My husband also said yesterday he doesn't think it will work either...

Can you please remind me of any success stories to cheer me up? I had transfer on Sunday and constatly in stress since due to this and several work deadlines. Anyone had success with so much stress going on? My stomach is literally in knots all day and I can't get on with work which makes me all themore anxious about my deadlines & being anxious. I currently sit in an office writing reports I wish I did some physical work!!!
R

United Kingdom

Thursday, May 10th 2012, 8:23pm

Oh Rianon first of all big huge hugs for you((())))

I have no idea how difficult it must be for you, especially to try to stay positive but all you can do is try. Do you have those IVf relaxation CD's & candles to have some de-stress time int he evenings? what about treating yourself to a massage or reflexology?

When is your OTD?
xxx

Olivia-B

Saturday, May 12th 2012, 1:43am

Hi All,

I hope you are all well.

Sorry I've been away from the forum for so long.

To be honest, a couple of reasons for it...it's been mad, mad busy at work, busy in general & I've been in shock a bit from all of our news!

Thanks to all for asking how things went following ET. Especially Hopeful2010, thanks for asking after me and I hope your pregnancy is going well.

It is all going well...by God's amazing grace. I wasn't sure if we were supposed to be posting our results etc here, but the point is to be sensitive to the personal circumstances of everyone on the forum and also give hope where possible as our stories are told, I guess.

Hopefully this will be helpful for you & cheer you up Rianon because I have been going through a whole massive heap of stress at work since well before the end of last year and through all the treatment. I do feel for you though & huge hugs to you [zx068]. I know it's not easy to do , but don't let work get you stressed...it's not worth it...Maybe try swimming for relaxation (& exercise)? Please don't you or your husband give up hope...we're all thinking of you & hoping for a BFP for you this time!!xx

Best of luck with the EC on Monday Hope2011. Hopefully your ET will go well too. Please do try to drink loads though (I tried to drink at least 2-2.5 litres per day) because there was a woman opposite me on my EC day who had to be admitted due to Hyperstimulation Syndrome and couldn't have her ET. But that won't happen to you with drinking loads.

Best of luck with your treatment too Lightening.

So we are really grateful that things have been positive for us...

On the morning of our pregnancy test, there was some inner anxiety from me before we checked the test...and then when we looked... it was a BFP. Still not knowing whether to believe or not, we waited a few days then did another test... still BFP.

Then we had our scan and to our surprise we were told that we are expecting triplets! We had had two embryos replaced and one of them had divided!

We've just had a second scan today and things are still going well. My DH is really looking after me & being supportive which has been really great.

We are so grateful to God & to the team! ...and hopefully there can be continued hope for anyone reading this just as you all have helped to support me to...so thanks!

Hope everyone else is doing ok and that all goes well for all & I'll stay tuned to find out how everyone is doing & let you know how things are going.

xxxx

Lots of love [zx075]
Olivia-B
xxxxxxx

Saturday, May 12th 2012, 3:53pm

Hi Everyone!

Hi Rianon, big hugs hun, we all have periods feeling like that. There are lots of great stories for you to read, especially the one above :) Chin up x x

Olivia - WOOOO!!!! Fantastic news on your tripets - huge congratulation hun - it brings hope to us all.

AFM - I have another scan yesterday and I am happy to report EC is going ahead on Monday. Oh what a relief! I was getting anxious about the appointment, I was so scared that they would not be ready. The last thing I wanted to hear was that egg collection was being pushed back a few days.

Here are the grades of the follicles so far:

Right Ovary

3 x 16

Left Ovary

2 x 10

So at the moment I have 12!

The lining of my womb is 11 - so its nice and thick.

I will take my booster at 7.30pm - then its out of my hands and into gods :)

I will keep you all updated x x

Sunday, May 13th 2012, 11:03pm

Yay Hope! Good luck for tomorrow and the coming days, one step at a time but I feel confident that things will go well :) I'll try and pop in tomorrow to see how you got on.

Rianon oh you sweet thing, good luck!! Please don't be stressed! You have your positive story in your arms every day, it's only a matter of ( xfingers) a very short time before you are blessed again. I got a BFP twice in a row, I'm only hoping we get our screaming & healthy baby this year.

Wow Olivia, congratulations to you! I do hope they are keeping a close eye on you and your extremely precious babies and I wish you a happy and healthy pregnancy.

Not long before your prostap now Lightning! : D I bet it's not often people are super-happy to get an injection, but this is a very special injection, lol!

I too can't believe how time is passing, but I'm grateful! We still have a long way to go, but we're well. The baby is starting to move more now, really helping me to smile and get through our son's anniversary time.

Thank you to everyone that thought of and asked of us.
xxx

Hopeful2010
xxxxxxxx

rianon

Monday, May 14th 2012, 1:42pm

Thank you for your kind words it means a lot to me. I already read some posts earlier just wasn't strong enough to reply then but it was great to feel your hugs Lighning. And then Olivia came along with her fantastic news!!! I hope to follow suit soon :) First with a BFP and then we will be grateful for as many as we are given. We originally planned to have 1 embryo replaced but on day 5 we had a morula and an 8-cell embryo and we wanted to give them both a fighting chance! (they wouldn't have frozen the 8-cell embryo) So we now have 2 little Martians on board. If they both split we can have quadruplets :-) Did you have strong pregnancy symptoms Olivia? I don't feel anything apart from my breast slightly bigger. So we placed all our hopes on my breasts :) They were definitely bigger with DD and they didn't change in our unsuccessful cycle back in October. I suppose the change can't be that visible now after a previous pregnancy and breastfeeding but I keep asking DH to check them. He is happy to oblige :) I put DD-s picture and the picture of the Martians on my desk so they are with me all the time. I also spent a lot of time with DD which helped. I would so much like to have a sibling for her. My Mum just recently told me that she was unhappy to be an only child. Not my grandparents fault really as my Mum's older sister died as an infant and then my Gran was told she is not allowed to be pregnant again after my Mum or she could die.

Hope2011 how was your EC? Your numbers sounded very good to me! I hope you have some nice unaffected blastos on day-5 to choose from :-)
Hopeful2010 I feel really sad about your son's anniversary. Why do these things happen? I hope and pray he will have a healthy sibling on term and you will have your hands full. I know its early days but how long time do you plan to take off work?

love to all and every one of you xxx Rianon

rianon

Monday, May 14th 2012, 1:47pm

PS: DH is also more hopeful. He never lies about these things always 100% honest (even when it hurts...) so he really is hopeful!!! I am happy :-) Off to the loo to have a peek in the mirror...

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "rianon" (May 14th 2012, 1:49pm)

Monday, May 14th 2012, 4:22pm

Great to see this place getting busy again!

Just a quick update - I am very tired after EC. I will be on tomorrow with a decent update!

I got 9 eggs today - fingers crossed for fertilisation xxx

rianon

Monday, May 14th 2012, 5:57pm

xfingers xfingers xfingers

Monday, May 14th 2012, 11:03pm

That's a great start Hope! :thumbsup:

Hope you've had lots of rest, fingers crossed for the next steps.
xxx

Hopeful2010
xxxxxxxx

Tuesday, May 15th 2012, 11:08am

Update - 5 of our eggs have fertilised! Now we need to pray they make it to biopsy day!!! xx

Tuesday, May 15th 2012, 12:37pm

happydance

Hopeful2010
xxxxxxxx

Tuesday, May 15th 2012, 12:39pm

Thank you for your kind words rianon :hugs: I pray that if we get that far, that I can take the full amount of time allowed off to spend with the baby :)

Hopeful2010
xxxxxxxx

Thursday, May 17th 2012, 2:44pm

Quick update ladies!

4 out of 5 embryos have made it to biopsy. The cells are varied, they are 1 six cell, 2 seven cells and 1 eight cell.

I pray for happy news tomorrow xxx

United Kingdom

Thursday, May 17th 2012, 7:16pm

aww wow great news rianon so pelased for you hun :-)

will be thinking of you tomorrow Hope!

Hope you're doing well too Hopeful?

Well I had prostap injection yesterday and have been feeling rubbish :-(

xx

rianon

Thursday, May 17th 2012, 9:58pm

Dear Ladies,

I was looking for some inspiration and read the beginning of this thread and the "IVF/PGD???" thread. It was a great read and really lifted my spirits. A couple of ladies had BFP-s in succession and they all resulted in healthy babies! May this time be similar for us.

Whiteangel and Hopeful2010 are pregnant, Olivia just had the greatest news ever. We are thinking of you ladies and please take care of yourselves. I am looking forward to following your journeys till the happy ending :) Olivia I just recently found a blog (sorry in Hungarian) about a lady who had triplets via IVF. Same as you, she had 2 embryos replaced but one divided. Her pregnancy was not easy, she had to have a lot of bed-rest but her babies were all born healthy only a bit pre-mature. I wish you could read it was also very inspiring.

Hope2012, Lightning and I are just in the middle of treatment, may we all get our BFP-s.

Hope2012 your embryos sound like great fighters with 6, 7 and 8 cells I really keep everything crossed for them. Dear Lightning I am sorry you are feeling rubbish menopause isn't fun but keep your eye on the prize :-)

xxx Rianon

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE