You are not logged in.

Unread posts
  • "februarycupcake" started this thread

Reg: Feb 22nd 2012

Children: None yet, but very hopeful : )

Wednesday, March 21st 2012, 7:20pm

After EC, Is it normal to be feeling like this?

Hello wise ones,

I had my EC yesterday and am going through my first IVF cycle.

Today I am suffering quite a bit with pain to the tummy, it feels much like the recovery of a laparoscopy (had 4 of those to try and eliminate endo) after all the gas is in your tummy. I can walk but it's uncomfortable to and my tummy is very bloated and tender. A friend at work has just gone through IVF and said it may be OHSS as she had it, but I only had 7 eggs and thought you only got that with bumper loads?

I feel a bit silly asking as my symptoms may be completely normal for after EC!

Hope someone can help. Thanks so much.xxx :)

Curlytails

GLOBAL MODERATOR

United Kingdom

Reg: Apr 18th 2010

Children: One gorgeous boy

What's Up?
:baby:

Wednesday, March 21st 2012, 7:26pm

Hi, it is quite normal to feel tender after EC. Did your clinic give you an information sheet afterwards telling you symptoms to look out for after the procedure? Depending on the level of your bloating it could be OHSS but equally it could just be the way your body is reacting to the procedure. Ovaries hate being disturbed and that is why you feel rough now.

I'd advise giving your clinic a call in the morning if you are still worrying even if it is just for peace of mind xx

6 x IVF, 3 x FET
3 x MMC, 3 x :BFN:, 1 x failed thaw
Two gorgeous boys.

• "februarycupcake" started this thread

Reg: Feb 22nd 2012

Children: None yet, but very hopeful : )

Wednesday, March 21st 2012, 7:47pm

Thank you Curlytails. I didn't get a form from them about after EC, it was just about what to expect from ET.

I'll see how I am in the morning. x

Sorry for posting in the wrong area, still getting used to the site :)

Reg: Mar 16th 2011

Wednesday, March 21st 2012, 7:56pm

Hi

As Curlytails said it's very normal, and the best thing you can do if you're worried about OHSS (and anyway) is drink drink and drink. Er water, not wine!! Believe it or not it's the best cure for the bloating, even though it feels counterproductive. And is also very good at preventing OHSS> You should have at least 2 litres a day.

Good luck, and take care.

x

Me 35, DH 37 [zx151]
2 x ICSI :BFN:
1 x FET :BFN:
Nov 11 - 3rd ICSI (Immunology Cycle) :BFP: Please stay with us :pray:

Jewels' Journey - My Diary

kat13

FORUM MENTOR

Reg: Sep 16th 2010

Children: One beautiful little girl

What's Up?
:)

Wednesday, March 21st 2012, 7:58pm

Hi, well done on getting 7 eggs :thumbsup: after both my ec I was very uncomfortable for about a week afterwards, as CT said your ovaries dont like being poked and prodded. Make sure you drink plenty of water and eat lots of protein to prevent ohss. If your unsure about anything give your clinic a ring and they'll put your mind at rest xxx
Lily born 30/04/12
6 weeks early via c section

MY DIARY

Lynsey

Reg: Dec 3rd 2008

Children: Adopted Son @ 10.5mths old Feb 2014 xx

What's Up?
FINALLY I am a MUMMY!!!!

Wednesday, March 21st 2012, 8:12pm

sorry your in pain. It IS possible to get OHSS without a huge bumper crop, but not as likely. there was someone a while back on here who got it even though they had 10 eggs collected.
As has been said, some discomfort after EC is normal, make sure you drink plenty and have a hight protein diet.
BUT if you are concerned about OHSS you need to make sure a similar amount of fluid is coming out again. I was in hospital a few days with it on my first cycle, i had to note down exactly what i drank, then when i went to the loo and had to SORRY TMI wee in a dish so the nurses could measure what was coming out again. As with OHSS you hold fluid all over the place!!!
If concerned dont be afraid to call your clinic about it!!!
LYNSEY xx

After x3 ICSI X2 FETs resulting in :BFN:s Apart from the last one being a faint :BFP: (only lasted a day or two) I was turned down as an egg donor so we called it a day with TX
WE ARE ADOPTING
APT Apr/May 13 HS June-Aug 13 PANEL Sept 13 YES!!
LINKED to 7mth old bab22 Oct 13
MATCHING PANEL JAN 14 YES. HOME with us 11th Feb 2014 (10.5mths old)
Finally I AM A MUMMY