• "thejadematthews" started this thread

Reg: Aug 1st 2009

Children: 4 boys 3 living 1 deceased

What's Up?
Life is getting there - mainly good days

Monday, March 19th 2012, 2:27pm

AMH Low

hi

was told after my last m/c at the end of last yr my amh is only 2. wasnt told any fsh results as the clinic said they wouldnt consider taking any more money off me and my only option was donor eggs. too pricey!

now, i have found out i have fibroids as well not sure where though. . checking on internet fibroids can cause m/c's and as i am 39 (my mum hit the menopause at just turned 40) and my dh has low count low motility and morphology problems. although my last son was a natural miracle.(20 months).

my question is is there any point going to drs and asking them to refer me to have fibroids removed/reduced. the way i feel is im not ready to quit and admit im too old for child bearing. i am very depressed at the moment and that is having a knock on effect on my family and mu relationship with my dh.

if he will refer me, how long will i have to wait for the procedure, given my mums menopause. the clinic wont help me so is there any point trying any more? or should i try to accept the inevitable.

god i think i need help from somewhere - im a mess

xxxxx
After a long hard infertility journey, i am now reluctantly done

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Monday, March 19th 2012, 5:50pm

Yes there is. Definetively have the fibroids removed. My amh is 0.85 and my clinic still treats me with my own eggs. The amh is only a measure of how much time left you have, on your egg reserve. A low amh doesn't mean you are having the menopause or that you cannot get pregnant, just that if stimulated you will make fewer eggs. If you go 12 months in a row without a period then a doctor will diagnose the menopause
The timings will depend on your clinic.
Good luck and don't beat yourself down, there's still hope babydust

• "thejadematthews" started this thread

Reg: Aug 1st 2009

Children: 4 boys 3 living 1 deceased

What's Up?
Life is getting there - mainly good days

Monday, March 19th 2012, 6:41pm

thanks maria,
my cycles are still uniform every 28 - 35 days. 28 not stressed 35 very stressed.

you have given me hope altho clinic have said they wont consider treatin me without donor eggs. im bit angry with them actually. they didnt check mu uterus before the fet (my gp found fibroids) and i think this led to early loss. that nearly 2 grand down the toilet and my last chance thru clinic.

you think it good idea to asked to be referred. what is waitin time on nhs. cos at least if i never have another baby b4 menopause catches me i'll be able to say i tried. do u no what time scale were looking at before menopause with my amh. my clinic wouldnt give me an answer and its killin me thinkin its not that far away. even though cycles havent really changed (apart from heavier because of fibroids).

thanks i will try to lift myself up, you have given me some hope. and a lot more questions ?o(

thanks again

xxxxx
After a long hard infertility journey, i am now reluctantly done

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Monday, March 19th 2012, 7:17pm

I don't know about the waiting times in your area, but on average it's minimum 18 weeks for non-urgent operations.
I don't know the relationship between the amh value and the onset of the menopause. Normally doctors look at your mothers age when she got the menopause. Nobody can give you a specific answer to be honest.
Good luck

Monday, March 19th 2012, 8:31pm

Don't give up hope and do keep trying! I have a low AMH and a rising FSH, but I always produce loads of eggs. (16 and 12 with good fertilisation and some frosties) This is unusual, but just goes to show really. My daughter is 7 months old - we conceived on a short protocol cycle using menopur and puregon. Your AMH is a test to determine egg reserve and somehow linked to the follicles - I must just respond well to the medication with IVF and you never know you might too. It is very hopeful as you already have a child. My cycles are 28-35 days too.

Most research i've read and Dr's I have spoken to have said that an FSH of around 40 is usually indicative of a menopausal state, but nearer 100 would indicate a post menopausal state. Don't quote me as i'm not
entirely sure, but this is what i've always gone on. My clinic told me that they like FSH to be 10 or under - mine hit 13 once, but was down again at 10 the next time, so they were ok with it.

I would recommend you get your FSH levels checked by your clinic and I wouldn't hang about with treatment to get your fibroids removed/reduced and then you can get on with treatment. Shop around for a clinic that will treat you, if your one won't. Who would you be cycling with? Wishing you all the very best. xxxx