You are not logged in.

Unread posts
  • "lizzy1976" started this thread

Reg: Feb 5th 2012

Children: none

Sunday, March 18th 2012, 8:38am

Help EC cancelled at last minute!!

I was wondering if anyone can help me??? I went for EC last wednesday they got me undressed and put the drugs in, the doc scanned me first and it was not good news there was only one follicle there at size 14. They said it was too small and more or less sent me home and told me to have sex!! I was just wondering if anyone knew when my period would be due? If this has happened to them?

Curlytails

GLOBAL MODERATOR

United Kingdom

Reg: Apr 18th 2010

Children: One gorgeous boy

What's Up?
:)

Sunday, March 18th 2012, 8:51am

Hi Lizzy, I'm sorry to hear about what you've been through. I've not heard of EC being cancelled so late before and can only imagine how shocking it was for you. Usually EC is counted as ovulation as the drugs that you take just beforehand stimulate the ovaries to release the eggs. On this basis your AF would be due 14 days after (if you have a normal cycle).

If you did go home and follow instructions then Good Luck xx

6 x IVF, 3 x FET
3 x MMC, 3 x :BFN:, 1 x failed thaw
Two gorgeous boys.

• "lizzy1976" started this thread

Reg: Feb 5th 2012

Children: none

Sunday, March 18th 2012, 10:05am

Thanks so much, ti be honest it left me devastated, I went for my first scan on the monday and as nothing was happening they upped my drugs, I went back on the friday and the doc said I was to forget about the first 5 days of injections and take it as if I had only started on the monday, I then went back on the monday and it was a different doc and she said there was 1 follicle there but was doubtful it was a follicle and said I had to go for EC on the Wed! I went in on the wed and as I said the doc said it was a follicle but was too small, I was so upset

Sunday, March 18th 2012, 6:58pm

Sorry to hear that your cycle has been cancelled. Your period will be due around 14 days after now. Get bedding and good luck. xxx

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Sunday, March 18th 2012, 7:20pm

I'm sorry, I now how you feel. AMazing Grace is right it will take about 14 days for af to arrive.
Take care :hugs:

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE