You are not logged in.

Unread posts
  • "emm81" started this thread

Reg: Oct 6th 2009

Children: One daughter born Feb '11

Sunday, March 4th 2012, 4:36pm

severe abdo pain

Hi

Just wondering if anyone has experienced the same. I am on day 10 of stims today - 4 days ago my dose was put up from 225 to 300. This morning in the early hours I was awoken by severe abdominal pain, I was awful. At first I was worried it was appendicitis. I have been taking pain killers all day but they are only just taking the edge off the pain. It is really painful to sit, walk, touch. I did phone the emergency number for my clinic and when I spoke to the doctor, she said it was normal, to take the next injection tonight and come in for a scan tomorrow morning (already booked in for this anyway). I've been reading on the net that severe or persistent pain from gonal f requires immediate medical attention so now I'm a bit scared. I am also worried about the cycle getting cancelled :(

Anyone been through the same or had the same reaction?

Curlytails

GLOBAL MODERATOR

United Kingdom

Reg: Apr 18th 2010

Children: One gorgeous boy

What's Up?
:)

Sunday, March 4th 2012, 4:57pm

Hi Emma, I've never heard of anyone having severe pains before. Is it worth ringing the emergency number again and stressing just how bad the pains are? If you are not happy then you are best to get checked up just incase this is early stages of OHSS.

Let us know how you get on x

6 x IVF, 3 x FET
3 x MMC, 3 x :BFN:, 1 x failed thaw
Two gorgeous boys.

United Kingdom

Reg: Mar 3rd 2012

Children: Hopefully one day

What's Up?
Gutted

Sunday, March 4th 2012, 5:09pm

Hi Emma,

I had 300 IU daily in my last stim cycle and felt quite bloated but never in pain. I'm not sure the pain you're experiencing is normal and agree with curlytails to call your clinic agai, especially before you inject again.

Will keep my fingers crossed for you that all is okay!

Conny

Me and DH: 39. TTC since Dec 2007 - unexplained infertility. Started IVF Aug 2011: 6 failed cycles (4 fresh, 2 FET); 3 blastos on ice

MY DIARY

Gracie

Reg: Jul 15th 2007

What's Up?
I now have double the trouble :)

Sunday, March 4th 2012, 5:20pm

I agree, it could be the start of OHSS. I would call again and be more insistent. I know it would be really disappointing to cancel your cycle but you need to put your health first, hope you feel better soon.

xxx

Me - 40 AMH 1.79, DH - 45
TTC since 04/06
6 x TX to date, inc 2 DIVF in Barcelona

One early loss, 04/09
Freya Grace arrived on 6/11/10 - Perfect at 6lb and 1/2 oz

Amazing natural :BFP: on 12/02/12
Poppy Ann arrived on 13/10/12 - Born at home weighing 6lb 12oz

We got there in the end! happydance

Monday, March 5th 2012, 8:23pm

thanks girls for the advice. I held out and went for a scan today - everything in there is fine, I am booked in for egg collection on Friday. Woke up this morning with sickness and the other stuff, been sick all day and cramps have died down. Pretty sure it's the same bug that's been affecting my whole family lately (my 1 year old dd ended up in hospital 2 weeks ago with severe dehydration from a sickness bug:( ). Thought id better post this as I don't want anyone reading and getting scared if they haven't started ivf/stims yet :)

Gracie

Reg: Jul 15th 2007

What's Up?
I now have double the trouble :)

Monday, March 5th 2012, 8:30pm

Glad all is fine and :goodluck: for Friday.

Aw, your poor LO, that sounds awful, there's a lot of nasty bugs about at the moment :( Hope she is better now and you don't feel too poorly either.

xxx

Me - 40 AMH 1.79, DH - 45
TTC since 04/06
6 x TX to date, inc 2 DIVF in Barcelona

One early loss, 04/09
Freya Grace arrived on 6/11/10 - Perfect at 6lb and 1/2 oz

Amazing natural :BFP: on 12/02/12
Poppy Ann arrived on 13/10/12 - Born at home weighing 6lb 12oz

We got there in the end! happydance

Tuesday, March 6th 2012, 10:43am

she's fine now, thanks Gracie - was very scary at the time. She's back to her develish self. I'm a bit better too, just looking forward to ovaries being sucked dry - i'm sure they're contributing to the bad tum.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE