You are not logged in.

Unread posts

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 13 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

• "Demon1x" started this thread

Reg: Jul 16th 2011

Children: 2 - fantastic sons, we are so very lucky!

Friday, December 16th 2011, 11:26pm

After clomid - follow on treatments or alternatives? (for MF)

For hormonal disturabance / secondary hypogonadotropic hypogonadism causing low count fertility consultant may prescribe Clomid (Clomiphene Citrate) to raise LH / FSH / Testosterone and in turn boost sperm production.

This is great and offers a cheap and effective treatment but it's not a long term solution as Clomid can only be presribed for 3-6 month courses due to possibe side effects of long ter use - so what will be alternate after this time?

Possibly letrozole (Femaral) - another estrogen antagonist or maybe recobinant FSH/LH combos instead such as Gonal F / Bravelle / Follistim / Repronex

Does anyone have any experience / knowledge of what treatments may be used after a course of clomid has been completed? if you do know please respond as I would be interested to find out.

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Saturday, December 17th 2011, 8:21am

After clomid they normally go through IUI or ICSI, depending on the extent of the male factor. Some clinics now jump straight to ICSI, as IUI is not as successful.
Good luck.

Saturday, December 17th 2011, 4:58pm

Maria thanks for response but you misunderstand my question!

Mrs D is already with child 88) :D :thumbsup: I have no need of ART > managed it the fun way thanks - I meant what follow up hormone therapies are prescribed when you have done maximum term on clomid and need to switch to another estrogen antagonist variant treatment to restore the hypothalmic/pituitary gonadal axis and functioning hormone surges - FSH in my case.

Need to find out what hormone therapy may be advised after I reach end of course of clomid - just researching what options may be available - are there any guys or ladies taking Repronex or Follistim (self administered by subcut injections) for hormonal disturbances that have affected fertility (For low FSH or low LH treatments)?

Basically I need to find out what is next step for treatment of secondary hypogonadotropic hypogonadism once max number of clomid courses have been reached - the treatment has been effective for me and FSH levels back to normal with normal sperm production resumed :thumbup: but need to maintain FSH/LH/Testosterone levels and avoid future drops in hormone levels that lead to low count!!

Will have a word with Consultant and see what the quack will give me next.....

United Kingdom

Reg: Dec 5th 2008

Children: Yes please!

Saturday, December 17th 2011, 7:21pm

Hi

I don't know what your next type of tx could be. But some people do jump straight to ICSI depending on your sperm count/motility etc.... Even if Mrs D has no fertility issues, ICSI is sometimes necessary. When we first started out on this journey, the only issue that showed up was male factor and straight away we were told we would have to have ICSI.

Good luck and I hope that your consultant has some further txs for you.
Beanie5
Me 38 [zx076] DH 43
(ICSI x 4, FET x 6 - 2 early losses)
Tx no. 10 - Immune Protocol through Dr Gorgy :BFP:
MY DIARY

Saturday, December 17th 2011, 10:17pm

Aaaaaaaah - for gods sake!

Read and digest - no Art required no iui no icsi - I just need to maintain fsh level and my little swimmers are fine and dandy then. But to keep hormones at correct levels a new therapy will needed to replace clomid. So what drugs are used to substitute clomid once you have reached the end of the permitted time this treatment can be used for. Next step will be a new hormone therapy and I'm trying to find out what it may be.

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 13 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE