You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

hoping38

• "hoping38" started this thread

Reg: Aug 20th 2010

Friday, November 25th 2011, 8:24am

Here are some things I found out recently, I hope they help someone

Hi everyone

I just want to tell you about a couple of things I learned recently, just when I thought I knew everything about TTC. It hasn't helped me to conceive, after about 2.5 years of trying, incl 2 IVF's etc, and I'm sure you all already know, but I thought I would post in the hope it helps someone.

In my IVF cycles, we had sucessful fertilisation, with one embryo replaced the first time, and one blastocyst the second time and then a FET. After that I decided to go down the chinese medicine route which focuses on the lining of the uterus as much as the eggs etc. So I started focussing on that and asking questions thinking maybe my embryos were ok but my lining might not be.

The first thing I learned was that you can have a procedure at your fertility clinic where they expand your uterus (i think) with saline solution and check that it is the right shape. Sometimes apparantly the sides can get stuck together e.g. imagine a balloon where parts of the inside stick together, once the saline is in, you can see this on the scan. They don't offer this scan by routine as it seldom shows anything, still if you're desparate like me you might want to ask for it. It didnt show any issues for me.

I have had a ton of clomid cycles and after I read some more about chinese medicine etc, when I went for the scans, I started asking about lining and one day a doctor actually looked and said 'you have no lining there at all !' Basically when you go for a clomid scan they have 5 minutes per patient and look only at the egg size, so I learned that you have to ask them specifically whether your lining looks ok (the required size), as if it is not there then there are other medicines you can take or you might be better not to be on clomid.

So through my obsessive requests for them to also check the lining, we discovered something else interesting. There was an area near where the eggs were, that appeared to be filled with fluid. This means there was some kind of obstruction that had 'caught' fluid. I had to have an operation (under general anesthetic) to check what it was. Turned out to be adhesions which blocked one of the overies, and also could stop an embryo attaching. These are often caused by D&C's, I had a D&C about 2 years ago. They were able to remove these adhesions. It was only because I was focussing on lining and it was randomly filled with fluid that day, that we noticed the issue. It wouldnt show up on the saline procedure as the whole uterus is filled with water so looks the same on the scan.

Anyway, hope that helps someone and all the very best of luck to you all. I am finding this experience so hard and so random, its tough to be trying everything but not succeeding. I keep expecting to hear a miracle cure announced. Maybe next month for all of us, fingers crossed x

Reg: Nov 20th 2008

Children: Fingers crossed x

Saturday, November 26th 2011, 2:23pm

That's really kind of you to share your findings, good luck with your journey x
Never give up on your dreams...they do come true.
ICSI #8, Anna born 26/2/14....the most amazing gift in the world x

• "kalpanasingh" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Jan 21st 2012

Tuesday, February 28th 2012, 12:19pm

The things you posted is really interesting and really i don't know about all these facts.Thanks for posting this, i think this will be of great help for a would be mother

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Tuesday, February 28th 2012, 5:11pm

Hi hoping38,
the procedure where they look at your uterus is called hysteroscopy and some clinics do offer it, but not always on the NHS. You did well to keep asking so that people notice. Good luck with your journey.