You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "SussexCouple" started this thread

Reg: Jun 11th 2010

Children: None as yet, though we have 3 cats & 2 dogs

Thursday, February 23rd 2012, 12:49pm

Temperature timing

Hi all,

I am after a bit of advice.

I have been charting for about 1 year, most months.

I understand that I should take my temperature first thing in the morning and after a 3hrs block of sleep. My morning routine is not very straightforward as
I wake up at 6.30 when my husband gets up, we have a bit of a chat for a few minutes and I go back to sleep and I wake up again at about 7.45 to get up to
go to work. However I get up most nights at about 5ish to go to the loo (embarrassedly enough I very rarely do the night without getting up at least once) and I take my temperature then as I know I will be having only about 1 to 1 1/2 hour sleep before waking up again.

It is a few months now I have been having problem sleeping and I wake up multiple times during the night, though not for long and I do not get up.
Lately however I have been getting up for the loo at about 4ish and I have been taking my temperature. On one particular (after ovulation) occasion I then took my temperature again when I woke up at 7.30 to get up. My 4am one was 36.3 whilst the later one was 36.7, I have used my first one in the chart as the
second one was following interrupted sleep. My other temperature taken at 4am was also 36.3, whilst normally after ovulation my temperature range is
higher.

My question is, could taking my temperature in the middle of the night and earlier than normal not reflect my normal BBT? Should I ignore the fact I have
got up at 4ish and take my temperature at 6.30 ... or at 7.45 when I get up?

Here is a link to my chart which shows the 2 lower temps.

My Ovulation Chart

Thanks in advance.
Sussex Couple
[zx099] 63 - [zx151] low count/mobility + DNA issues
[zx098] 37
TTC since May 2005
3 IUI in 2006/2007 all :BFN:
2010 ICSI :BFN:

Polly Pocket

GLOBAL MODERATOR

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 24th 2006

Children: Three gorgeous daughters!

Sunday, February 26th 2012, 11:54am

Hi hun

Sorry I haven't replied earlier I must have missed your post.

It's probably a bit lower because your sleep pattern isn't that good at the moment, all sorts of things can make a difference to your temperature and taking it different times of the morning won't help much either. When I was charting my sleep used to be all over the place at times but my temperature and other signs like EWCM and sore boobs helped me piece together what was happening with my body, if I had a rough night I didn't worry too much about my temperature being a little lower than usual or taking it a couple of hours earlier. I know this goes against all the guidance of BBT but in reality we all have periods when we don't sleep great so you do the best you can with the information you have and by the looks of your charts you have clear signs of ovulation and a great LP. If I were you I'd take my temperature the first time I woke up after having 3 or more hours sleep and not worry too much if it was a little earlier, just make a note of it on your chart.

Good luck!

xxx

• "SussexCouple" started this thread

Reg: Jun 11th 2010

Children: None as yet, though we have 3 cats & 2 dogs

Sunday, February 26th 2012, 10:01pm

Thanks, I have been using my EWCM as a guidance as well as the temperature.

I'll carry on taking it the first time in the morning I wake up and track it that way.
Sussex Couple
[zx099] 63 - [zx151] low count/mobility + DNA issues
[zx098] 37
TTC since May 2005
3 IUI in 2006/2007 all :BFN:
2010 ICSI :BFN: