You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

girl1970

• "girl1970" started this thread

Reg: Oct 27th 2011

Wednesday, November 2nd 2011, 11:44am

INSTITUTO BERNABEU - ANY COMMENTS?

Dear all,

I am looking into a DE treatment and I have looked into Instituto Bernabeu web site and statistics and they look really good. I want to contact them for a visit or advise but I wanted to ask you first. Has anybody been there? Can you recommend a doctor if you have had treatment there?

Thank you all for your good advise. You are all very supportive. This forum is really good for people like me that are a bit lost in this new road.

Girl1970

Gracie

Reg: Jul 15th 2007

What's Up?
I now have double the trouble :)

Friday, November 4th 2011, 12:44pm

Hi

Just wanted to wish you :goodluck:! I don't know anything about this clinic, I had DE treatment at Institut Marques in Barcelona (my LO is one on Sunday)

Most of the clinics in Spain are excellent so I would say contact a few and see which one suits you best.

If I can answer any general questions about tx abroad then just give me a shout.

Love Gracie

xxx

Me - 39 AMH 1.79, DH - 43
TTC since 04/06
6 x TX to date, inc 2 DIVF in Barcelona

One early loss, 04/09
Freya Grace arrived on 6/11/10 - Perfect at 6lb and 1/2 oz

Amazing natural :BFP: on 12/02/12
Poppy Ann arrived on 13/10/12 - Born at home weighing 6lb 12oz

We got there in the end! happydance

Reg: Nov 8th 2011

Tuesday, November 8th 2011, 10:56am

Hi Girl1970,
I was in the same boat as you last year.
After researching all the fertility clinics in the Alicante area (since they have cheap direct flights from the UK), I decided on Instituto Bernabeu because their international patient coordinators were quick to respond with all the info I needed, unlike others I had contacted.
My husband and I are happy with our choice. We went through our first DE cycle and were treated really well by everyone at the IB clinic. Unfortunately, I didn't get that BFP we were praying for, but we're going back there for a second cycle next month. Fingers crossed! xfingers
Let me know if you end up going too so we can share our experiences.
You're not alone in this!
[zx127]

girl1970

Wednesday, November 9th 2011, 12:01pm

Hello emttcbaby,

It is so good to find people that are in the same situation as you are! thanks for all your comments. I have contacted the IB and the are the fastest in response than any other clinic I have got in touch and very understanding so we have decided to go for a first visit.
I will be there next week and have a first appointment with Dr. Moliner. Do you know her? Is she nice? At least she is a woman and sometimes it helps.
Please let me know when you will be there next so we can maybe meet.

Thank you very much for your comments, they are really helpful!
: D [zx127]

Thursday, November 10th 2011, 10:47am

Hey Girl,
You're in good hands with Dr. Moliner. I met her last time I was at IB, and she's really sweet and carefully explains everything you ask her about. (We had a LOT of questions our first time around!) I also booked my next scan with her. I'll be there in a couple of weeks though, so we'll just miss eachother this time, but if you send me a PM we can meet up some other time. ;)
xx

girl1970

Tuesday, November 15th 2011, 10:56am

Dear emttcbaby,

Thank you for the info! As you are ahead of me it is great to know more about your feelings! I am glad you found Dr. Moliner sweet and understanding (we have lots of questions for her too :snigger: !!
Where are you in your treatment? AS you are going very soon you must be at the end of it. How did you find it? Sorry for all the questions, I am trying to get asmuch info as possible.
I will let you know how I get on with my appointment and best of luck with your treatment!

xxx

Thursday, November 24th 2011, 12:57pm

Hi Girl,
Guess what? I just went to IB Alicante yesterday for my embryo transfer. Everything went smoothly and I have a really positive feeling about it this time. Everyone is so nice and supportive there.
They told me I even had enough high quality embryos to freeze for the future just in case! Fingers crossed! xfingers
Did you have your appointment with Dr Moliner yet? Let me know if you have any questions.
I'm curious to hear your thoughts. :smile:
Take care!
xx

• "Hopeful_Helen" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Nov 29th 2011

Children: Not just yet!

Wednesday, January 4th 2012, 8:59pm

I've also been looking at the IB for DE treatment - their website is very informative and I like their success rate!

How did you two ladies get on, if you don't mind me asking? How did you find the experience? We only found out yesterday that we will probably need DE to conceive, so I don't really know what I should be looking for or expecting!
DEIVF June/July '12 :pray:

babydust

Reg: Jan 29th 2012

Children: 2 beautiful Angel babies xx

Tuesday, January 31st 2012, 10:31pm

Hi Ladies, I have been reading this forum for a few days now and was so glad to see some clinics recommended for DEIVF. We are hoping to start another cycle very soon and are really just looking for recommendations. Would love to know how you all got on?

Best of luck :)

Sep 10-IVF abandoned ?o( Jun 11:BFP-Premature Twins-too tiny to survive ;(:girl:1 day old :boy: 25 days old.Jun 12:BFP:mc 6w1d :| Oct 12:BFP:mc 7w2d ;( Apr 13:BFP: Our wonderful surrogate is carrying our baby!

Gracie

Reg: Jul 15th 2007

What's Up?
I now have double the trouble :)

Thursday, February 2nd 2012, 12:45pm

Hi Komolafe

Hope you are finding you way around OK, if I can help at all then drop me a line.

I had DEIVF at Institut Marques in Barcelona, which resulted in my beautiful daughter. She is just coming up for 15 months and we are hoping to go back to try for a sibling in the summer as I've got two frosties out there.

IM are an excellent clinic but also probably one of the most expensive, you'd be looking at around 10,000 Euros for a fresh cycle.

:goodluck: with your journey.

Love Gracie

xxxx

Me - 39 AMH 1.79, DH - 43
TTC since 04/06
6 x TX to date, inc 2 DIVF in Barcelona

One early loss, 04/09
Freya Grace arrived on 6/11/10 - Perfect at 6lb and 1/2 oz

Amazing natural :BFP: on 12/02/12
Poppy Ann arrived on 13/10/12 - Born at home weighing 6lb 12oz

We got there in the end! happydance

girl1970

Tuesday, February 21st 2012, 10:39am

Dear all!!

I have been very busy and I have not been able to check the forum. I can see now that it is busy!

Good luck to all girls that are cycling now or in the near future.

AFM.I had a great experience at IB. Both Dr. Moliner and Laura, the patient coordinator, are fantastic! They are very understanding and reply to emails really fast!
I went last week for treatment. It all went really smooth and I felt as I was at home. They are all very caring. I am now waiting for the pregnancy results on Monday. It is soooooooo frustrating but I am going to try not to do a urine test before.
I can say that even if the result is negative, I can recommend them anytime
:thumbsup:
I will let you know the results
Girl xfingers
Girl xxx

catcami

Reg: Feb 23rd 2012

Thursday, February 23rd 2012, 11:04am

please help me from UK

Goodmorning girls.

I am new at the forum. I write from italy just to ask you some kind of info about the opinion english clinic'd have concerning my case.

I am 42 in 3 months, my husband is 43. looking for a baby since 3 years, no problems. In italy the national service allow you to have treatment IVF for free until you are 42. I had 1 last year, IVF-ICSI /3 embrios, transferred 2 BN. Then another on october (huge quantity of drugs stopped for no response) another on november (huge q.of drugs ) pick up one egg, empty! I was suggested egg donor abroad (in italy is not legal). Planning to go to spain, bernabeu alicante.

The point is: my fsh is 13.08 and my ahm is 2.38. Would you ever have been told in UK to try ivf with your eggs with this exam results? Beacuse in italy they keep telling it is possible to conceive with my eggs...

Please i do need your opinion because i know that in the most cases in uk and abroad if you are 40 and above they straight advice you ED.... is that true?

Sorry for my english!

catcami

Reg: Feb 23rd 2012

Thursday, February 23rd 2012, 1:59pm

@girl1970

good luck dear, please tell the results and try to answer at my post :-)

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE