You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "butterflybee" started this thread
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Mar 10th 2011

Wednesday, February 1st 2012, 6:01pm

OH GOD - starting to feel ill....... 2 DPO!!!

Oh lordy sorry to spread negativity!!! but having a panic attack!!

Having calmed down over my asprin/DHEA dramas... I am now worrying that I am getting ill. (sensitve skin, fluey feeling etc) :poorly: I am on 2mg of dexmethasone twice daily and have been for 2 weeks (came down from 3 times daily during stimming). I was sat next to a very ill lady all evening yesterday coughing all over me and now I know I've got the start of something...

I don't know what to do but I am petrified it will effect implantation somehow..... does anyone have any reassuring stories of becoming ill while doing treatment / on steroids?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
BUTTERFLYBEE

Me: 35
DH: 35
TTC: 4 years
2010: x6 clomid Tx - all BFN
March 2011: BFP (gondotrophin Tx) - miscarried 5 wks. June 2011: BFP ( gondotrophin Tx) miscarried 7.5 wks. June 2012: Natural BFP - miscarried at 9 weeks

May 2013 Natural BFP. presribed asprin 150mg until 34wks. :pray:

26/01/14 Our DS born - finally feel complete.

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Wednesday, February 1st 2012, 8:02pm

Hi butterflybee,
Please try not to worry. Unless you are severely I'll you and your embies will be just fine. A cold doesn't affect implantation.
Try and wash your hands regularly and dont sit too close to sick people as you have been immunosuppressed.
Again call your clinic for reassurance.
Take care x

Wednesday, February 1st 2012, 8:14pm

I know it is hard sweetie, but try not to worry. I was throwing up BIG time with a bad vomitting bug in my 2WW, but it didn't hurt anything. Your embryos are stronger than you would think. Best of luck to you and fingers crossed for a successful cycle. xxx

We have 3 snow babies waiting for us.

lief

Ace

Reg: Aug 11th 2011

Children: none but very hopeful

Thursday, February 2nd 2012, 7:50am

Heya,

I had a cold straight after transfer and felt rubbish for over a week confining me to bed. Did not harm the embies nor the outcome. :BFP:

Read that for us Immunies, getting sick can be interpreted as a good sign that your immunity has been modulated succesfully for the embies to be accepted.

Could be a very good sign indeed, hope to catch up with you soon!!! xfingers
me 35 dh 42
6 natural bfp all mcs
1 bfp thru ICSI June 2011 but mc
Sept 2011 FET with immuno meds BFN
Nov-Dec 2011 ICSI with Immuun tx BFP
Seen [zx076] [zx076] at 6.5, 8.5, 10.5 and 12.5 weeks

http://www.fertilityzone.co.uk/index.php…1046&highlight=
:angel2:

• "butterflybee" started this thread
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Mar 10th 2011

Thursday, February 2nd 2012, 4:56pm

Thank you thank you thank you for all of your reassurances!!!!!!!!! and Lief - thank you for putting such a positive spin on it - I hadn't even thought about that!!!! YEAH! :cuddle

I have been wrapped up warm (uggs and major granny jumpers) and I'm now home & on the sofa under a blankie with a hot waterbottle! Throat still sore and feel run-down but doesn't seem to be turning into anything major.

Thank you ladies - xxxxxxxx
BUTTERFLYBEE

Me: 35
DH: 35
TTC: 4 years
2010: x6 clomid Tx - all BFN
March 2011: BFP (gondotrophin Tx) - miscarried 5 wks. June 2011: BFP ( gondotrophin Tx) miscarried 7.5 wks. June 2012: Natural BFP - miscarried at 9 weeks

May 2013 Natural BFP. presribed asprin 150mg until 34wks. :pray:

26/01/14 Our DS born - finally feel complete.

Reg: Mar 16th 2011

Thursday, February 2nd 2012, 5:00pm

Don't stress hon, it's normal if you're immune suppressed to pick up some bugs. And think of it this way - we immunies have to have IVIG to distract our immune systems from fighting our embryos, so if your immune system is busy fighting a cold, then surely (in my warped logic) that must be good as it's keeping it occupied? That's the way I think of it anyway!

Are you still taking your vitamin supplements? As long as you are, that'll make sure you're doing all you can, and resting too, which it sounds like you're on top of!

Relax and get better soon

xx

Me 35, DH 37 [zx151]
2 x ICSI :BFN:
1 x FET :BFN:
Nov 11 - 3rd ICSI (Immunology Cycle) :BFP: Please stay with us :pray:

Jewels' Journey - My Diary

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE