You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "leniwhite" started this thread

Reg: Jun 14th 2011

Children: none... yet

Friday, January 27th 2012, 2:56pm

Spotting after sex/orgasm - AF not due for a week?

My cycle is 32-33 days and AF isn't due for a week. We've been TTC this month and very regularly - the ovulation cals say it should have been between the 19th and the 24th for the best time.

I've started having little cramp feelings, and then I had a little spot of red brownish blood after last sex yesterday. Today I had very red blood spots just after orgasm (not penetrative) mixed in with CM. Could this be implantation bleeding or something else?

Sorry for graphic details btw, I've learned there's no point being squeamish about it anymore!

I had 3 cysts removed last Sept and a small patch of endo, then normal regular periods until the last one which was very heavy and went on longer than normal.

Not sure if it could be an implantation bleed as I thought that wasn't fresh blood? Not sure if it's too early to do a pregnancy test yet, and also think perhaps it's wishful thinking that I might get a BFP in the first month after being told I have very low egg count. Trying to stay relaxed about it for now but I guess it would be good to get some of your experiences.

Any thoughts?

Me 31
DP 27
Low AMH found before trying naturally!
ICSI May 2012 - switched to IUI :BFN:
IVF July 2012... xfingers

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Friday, January 27th 2012, 6:37pm

It sounds like ovulation bleeding to me, especially as the blood is mixed with cm. Implantation spotting happens later than that I would say and it's more like old blood. Endo also can cause spotting during sex.

Are you using the ovulation sticks? They tell you when you lh surge is, ovulation should happen 36-48 hours later. Your period should then arrive 16 days after the lh surge is detected, implantation bleeding about a week before your period is due, give or take a day.

Also bear in ind that implantation spotting doesn't always happen. I've had 3 pregnancies but only one implantation spotting, and only brown blood.

Any unusual bleeding should be reported to your GP.

Saturday, January 28th 2012, 12:48am

I have some ovulation sticks for next months but was told just to have sex every other day the whole month for best results... I don;t have any endo now as they lasered it off. It's really late if it is ovulation as I'm at day 28 now... will try to get a gp appt. Not sure what they will say as I've had every test going during my surgery for the cysts etc.

This latest fresh blood was after non-penetrative orgasm which I thought was weird, made me worried that somehow I had compromised a possible pregnancy.

I have hardly any eggs left they tell me, although my fsh is well within normal (actually towards the lower end) so I can't be menopausal, but after the last AF being so much different I thought maybe I was, as I have terrible night sweats too...

Me 31
DP 27

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Saturday, January 28th 2012, 8:54am

FSH changes every month, and also it depends on other hormones. It will be low if your estrogen is high. I have had 4 FSH with 600 estrogen, and that is also a bad sign.
Have you had the AMH test done? Even if that is low, it doesn't mean you cannot conceive. AS long as you still have your period there is always a chance to get pregnant!

As you have not done the sticks you cannot pin point ovulation. The sticks help to pin point the LH surge which helps you calculate your ovulation more accurately. The LH surge can be delayed, so you don't know when you ovulated. Remember that only a progesterone blood test about 6 days after the positive stick can confirm ovulation. The sticks just help you predict it.

Sex does not compromise pregnancies.

As I said if you are worried see you GP, as unusual bleeds need to be checked out.

Take care

Saturday, January 28th 2012, 10:15am

I don't think I've had estrogen done, I'm having progesterone repeated on Monday and the previous test was normal though. I was told that your fsh gets higher the closer you get to menopause and because that and my prog is normal it should be ok?

My DH just got a letter today saying the gp wants him to make an appt to discuss his semen analysis - hoping that doesn't mean there's something abnormal about it, he's managed to conceive previously so I thought he'd be fine... is that just normal procedure to get the guy in to talk through even if it's a normal result?

I know sex is fine in pregnancy, just thought maybe stress had made something go wrong I guess.

I had an amh test done but that was before i knew I had endo, and apparently that affects the results (Lister told me this) so my gynae advised a repeat test after the endo was removed (which the nhs won't do) so I have no real idea of my level now. My level was only 3.93 before.

I also have two confusing letters about internal scans - one seems to say I have 12 follicles in one ovary and 6 in the other (done day 7) and the other says I have 4 one side and 2 the other (done day 15, but the tech for the latest one said she couldn't really see and also said that as long as i have menses I must have eggs?! so I don't entirely trust those results).

Thanks for the advice - this is a super confusing situation where I feel I still don't know if I have a chance of getting pregnant or not :(

Me 31
DP 27

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Saturday, January 28th 2012, 10:22am

You do have a chance. As I said as long a s your af is still coming. And yes. Endo affects amh and also your ovaries but it doesn't mean you can't conceive.
I would wait for af due date then do a pregnancy test. As you sound worried though I would also contact your clinic.
Next month do the sticks so you can predict timings better and not worry. But let's hope you don't need it xfingers

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE