You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "butterflybee" started this thread
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Mar 10th 2011

Monday, January 16th 2012, 7:40pm

Heparin - experiences... please let me know!!!!

Hello lovely ladies.

Ok went to see Mr H on saturday. We discussed the next load of treatment and he suggested:

Pre Treatment: Folic Acid 5mg, Asprin 150g, Metformin 1000

Treatment Ovulation Induction monitored cycle - Dexmethason 2mg twice daily to be dropped to 1mg after a week. Menopur 1 ampule for 7 days (scan) and when ready HCG trigger and timed intercourse.

If pregnant (normal pregnancy test 14 dpo) : Add Cyclogest and Heparin injections until 34 weeks.

I wondered if this has been your experience re: Heparin. I don't think Mr H is an expert in the field of immunity and I'm really worried this isn't right. We are seriously considering moving on to Dr Gorgy as our experiences with Mr H have been dodgy to say the least!

Thank you xxxx
BUTTERFLYBEE

Me: 35
DH: 35
TTC: 4 years
2010: x6 clomid Tx - all BFN
March 2011: BFP (gondotrophin Tx) - miscarried 5 wks. June 2011: BFP ( gondotrophin Tx) miscarried 7.5 wks. June 2012: Natural BFP - miscarried at 9 weeks

May 2013 Natural BFP. presribed asprin 150mg until 34wks. :pray:

26/01/14 Our DS born - finally feel complete.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "butterflybee" (Jan 16th 2012, 7:41pm)

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Monday, January 16th 2012, 9:13pm

Hi butterflybee,
Heparin is widely used now by many clinics. It makes the blood thinner so it is easier for implantation and for the blood exchange at the placenta later in the pregnancy. It is not necessarily linked only to immune issues. It just helps.
If you feel unsure or not happy than I would say go for a second opinion.
Good luck xfingers

kat13

FORUM MENTOR

Reg: Sep 16th 2010

Children: One beautiful little girl

What's Up?
:)

Monday, January 16th 2012, 10:52pm

Hi Butterflybee,

I havent had an immune testing but my clinic gave me heparin injections on my last cycle and im now 19 weeks pregnant. If your not sure about anything always question it. Good luck with your treatment xxx
P.s if you do the heparin injections dont touch the area you've injected afterwards as it causes huge bruises.
Lily born 30/04/12
6 weeks early via c section

MY DIARY

Reg: Mar 16th 2011

Wednesday, January 18th 2012, 2:29pm

Hi

I wasn't sure if your question was about taking heparin at all, or the fact he said only take it after your test is positive? As for taking it at all, it've fairly common, and there are lots of girls on it, including me.

I do know a girl who problems with recurrent m/c who was put on heparin only AFTER she fell pregnant, so I don't think it's unheard of. But for all the girls I know on it, we started after egg collection, so that it would make it easier to implant as well, as that can be a problem as Maria says. If you get pregnant OK though, maybe you don't have problems with implantation. And yes, you would be on it for quite a long time.

But honestly, if you have any doubts go and see Dr Gorgy or someone people know is good, as it's all expensive and emotional, and there's no point doing it if you're not confident you're doing the right thing.

Good luck

x

Me 35, DH 37 [zx151]
2 x ICSI :BFN:
1 x FET :BFN:
Nov 11 - 3rd ICSI (Immunology Cycle) :BFP: Please stay with us :pray:

Jewels' Journey - My Diary

• "butterflybee" started this thread
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Mar 10th 2011

Wednesday, January 18th 2012, 5:53pm

Yes Thanks Jewels - I wasn't that clear - writing in a fit of rage!

I think I mainly wanted to know if it was normal to start only once you have found out if it is a positive or not and whether I should be on it from the HCG Trigger - but maybe there is a good reason for that if I am not doing IVF?

I'll check with Mr H I'm sure there is a good explanation... I hope so!
BUTTERFLYBEE

Me: 35
DH: 35
TTC: 4 years
2010: x6 clomid Tx - all BFN
March 2011: BFP (gondotrophin Tx) - miscarried 5 wks. June 2011: BFP ( gondotrophin Tx) miscarried 7.5 wks. June 2012: Natural BFP - miscarried at 9 weeks

May 2013 Natural BFP. presribed asprin 150mg until 34wks. :pray:

26/01/14 Our DS born - finally feel complete.