You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "rollandbaby" started this thread

Reg: Aug 29th 2011

Saturday, November 26th 2011, 2:52pm

41 and having 1st IVF terrified!!! IUI was not bad but did not work........................

So I am now on the IVF bit of this website, IUI did not work for me ultimately. I did three rounds ,last one with stimms, 1st one - got pregnant, then miscarriage at 8 weeks, 2 more both BFN. So it's time for a self funded IVF cycle, scary, Dr says I have a 25-30% chance of success, I am healthy and have a AMH of 19. So here goes........drugs issued on 6th Dec, not sure what they will be, down regging first, this is going to be stressful.

Does it make you feel ill??

egg collection sounds awful

Does it work on women my age?? any success stories out there from an older mother. :shush:

Reg: Nov 26th 2009

Children: none as yet! HOPING 2012 WILL BE OUR YEAR

Saturday, November 26th 2011, 3:01pm

Hi Hun welcome to the world of ivf, it's not as scary doing it as the ancipation before hand. DR drugs aren't that bad personally I have never had any problems or side effects from these ( bruserlin)on all 3 cycles so don't worry. I hope someone comes along soon with some success stories for your age group hun I wish you all the luck in the world xxx

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Sunday, November 27th 2011, 8:21pm

Hi rollandbaby and welcome to :FZ:
IVF is not as bad and the drugs are mostly ok. You may be a bit uncomfortable towards ec. Ec itself is done under sedation so you won't feel a thing. And we're all here to support you.
You may want to check this: IVF & ICSI over 40 chat
Good luck xfingers

United Kingdom

Reg: Mar 7th 2011

Children: 2 little beans on the way!

Sunday, November 27th 2011, 10:18pm

Hi Rollandbaby

You were having your 3rd IUI when I was having my 2nd. Lovely to see you back again.

I've now had my 3rd IUI which didn't work so I'll be joining the IVF train shortly. We have an appointment at the clinic to discuss when and how we start the process. Like you I'm scared but I know there will be plenty of lovely ladies on here to support us through our journeys.

xfingers it works for you this time. Best of luck!

Monday, November 28th 2011, 5:22pm

Appointment on the 6th Dec

So, have a meeting with the nurse on 6th Dec to discuss drugs, injections etc and all the timings. If poss will just get on with it in Dec, not sure how long it all takes, I assume egg collection would be Jan 2012?? who knows.

Still drinking wine for now, started on the Pregnacare vitamins again, just now need to redcue the stress and eat better!

Anyone else around the same time as me??

Wannabemum- sorry to hear of your recent BFN- they do say IVF has a better success rate, even better if your young...................................hang in there and keep me posted.

Reg: Apr 11th 2011

Children: 11 year old daughter (IVF)

Tuesday, December 6th 2011, 11:07am

Hi, just a quickie to say yes it does work in us oldies! I'm 41 and pregnant following ISCI. Hope all went well with your appointment today
xxxxxxxxxxxx

Sunday, January 1st 2012, 6:29pm

January 2012 cycle starting.......................1st Buserlerin jab tomorrow and so it begins!! eek

So tomorrow is day 21 of cycle time to start down regging, its scary and feel nervous, its the begining of the journey.........................................anybody else cycling in Jan?? all being well would be having egg collection if I make some!!! last week of Jan.

Reg: Apr 11th 2011

Children: 11 year old daughter (IVF)

Sunday, January 1st 2012, 6:37pm

Good luck xxxxxx

Curlytails

GLOBAL MODERATOR

United Kingdom

Reg: Apr 18th 2010

Children: One gorgeous boy

What's Up?
And here we go again...

Sunday, January 1st 2012, 6:56pm

How about joining the Feb cycle group as they will be going through DR at the same time as you and you should share the 2ww at roughly the same time:

FRUITFUL FEBRUARY

Good Luck x

Reg: Apr 15th 2008

Children: three children before being sterilised and now fourth one is 5 now thanks to ivf

Monday, January 2nd 2012, 12:20am

hi hun hope all goes well ,i was'nt quite your age when i had ivf but i was 36 and it worked 2nd go for me hoping to try again towards the middle of this year so i will be 39 by then xx
:rollseyes: