You are not logged in.

Unread posts

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 11 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

• "Demon1x" started this thread

Reg: Jul 16th 2011

Children: 2 - fantastic sons, we are so very lucky!

Monday, October 31st 2011, 1:25pm

Clomid for guys? - any blokes taking it at the moment on FZ?

Hi after badgering consultant for some answers following an idiopathic male factor diagnoses, got 2nd opinion on my blood tests and was told my FSH level was low.
Have now been told to take clomid 50mg daily to sort my FSH out (hopefully), are their any FZ blokes who've had success with clomid in relation to boosting low counts?

United Kingdom

Reg: Jun 5th 2007

What's Up?
My aim is to help improve chances of conception by comprehensive semen analysis and interpretation. Private holistic follow-up is available.

Monday, October 31st 2011, 10:12pm

Hi after badgering consultant for some answers following an idiopathic male factor diagnoses, got 2nd opinion on my blood tests and was told my FSH level was low.
Have now been told to take clomid 50mg daily to sort my FSH out (hopefully), are their any FZ blokes who've had success with clomid in relation to boosting low counts?

Hi Demonix

My fertility consultant sometimes uses it for guys who have hypogonadotrophic hypogonadism; sometimes it works (a bit), sometimes it doesn't, it just depends on the individual. It's often used as part of the recovery cycle (purchased on the black market, sadly) for body builders who have taken anabolics to help kick start their testicles into production again. It's an oestrogen inhibitor. I'm wondering why your FSH is low though - have you a medical condition or have you used anabolic steroids in the past?

Regards
SS
Sperm Scientist's help is free, but if you found it useful

Tuesday, November 1st 2011, 12:38pm

No have no current or previous medical conditions that I am aware of, and though I might be a flame haired adonis - I am definiteley not a steroid munching muscle mary!! (lol) My pre healthy me 6 pack was generally from local supermarket...

Blood work had norm levels for testosterone/prolactin/thyroid/LH but were low (2.5) on the FSH...

In fact here are the blood results:

FSH 2.5 , LH 4.1, Testosterone 14.9, Prolactin 150, TSH / Thyroid 1.76

Why what may cause low fsh ? - you able to interpret the above hormone levels SS?

You have me intrigued as to what may have lowered my FSH - I am interested in hearing your thoughts on possible causes.

For info for other FZ'ers normal range for an Adult male FSH is 1.5 to 12.4 mIU/ml (mIU/ml = milli international units per milliliter)

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Demon1x" (Nov 1st 2011, 12:47pm)

Wednesday, November 2nd 2011, 1:02pm

Have done some research .. don't think primary hypogonadism is a match for me > Hpogonadism causes

Secondary hypogonadism may be so hopefully FSH will rise on Clomid and in turn increase sperm production, 3 months time will know...

Am concerned that Overall, pituitary tumours are the commonest causes of hypogonadism followed by Klinefelter's syndrome. :8o:

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Demon1x" (Nov 2nd 2011, 1:14pm)

Wednesday, November 2nd 2011, 9:50pm

Given the size of the UK population and number of men with male factor, I can't believe there aren't any other blokes on here with similar condition and treatment ? :innocent:

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 11 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE