You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "kizziwizz" started this thread

Reg: Jan 8th 2011

Children: 2 Kids...one of each

Saturday, January 8th 2011, 9:13pm

Advice on sterilization reversal

Hi all,

im new to this forum.

im 39 yrs old and i was sterilized 9 yrs ago. my partner and i would love a child together and are considering the pro's and con's of me having a reversal. the cost is an issue, we have found a clinic in my area and the fee is £3700.

im quite prepared to have the op but am worried im too old. also i did need Clomid when i wanted my daughter 10 yrs ago b4 i was sterilized. what are the chances of being given the option of having the op?

bit worried about seeing a concultant (at a cost) to be told no way.

thanx
~xKizzix~

taxihome

United Kingdom

Sunday, January 9th 2011, 1:26am

Hi hun and Welcome

I have known successful and unsuccessful reversals and it is a personal choice for you to make.
Sometimes going straight To IVF can be an option too.
I would make sure your consultant is very honest with your success rates.

I wish you all the best.
X

[zx071]
2 x man boys -MC,Ectopic IVF x 4 Natural BFP/Born sleeping 22/WksRIP LO
Jan/11:ICSI:BFP: bab21 [zx115] Our dream has finally come true
MY DIARY

• "tamjam68" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Jul 29th 2010

Children: 5

Sunday, January 9th 2011, 10:47am

Hiya I opted for Ivf straight away and am now pregnant starsmile. I got sterilised about 6 mths before meeting my new partner of 9 years, and waited until we were certain of staying together. :hugs: :goodluck: whatever you decide. you need to look at sucess rates for the reversal and then decide how long you will wait for it to work before taking another route and paying again. We only wanted one more child (could be 3 as we had 3 embies put back because of my age) :laugh: DH didnt want me to go through the op and stuff and my age was not on our side. xxxx

Welshbird

Megastar

• "Welshbird" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Mar 8th 2008

Sunday, January 9th 2011, 11:54am

Hi,

I opted for IVF too ...

My consultant advised it would be better (and cheaper) for us ...

4 paid for IVF's later ... and at the age of 42 - im still not pregnant ... and now its too late for reversal ...

I do regret not going for the reversal, but only because i wasnt sucessful (obvisouly) no one knows if the reversal wud have beeb sucessful, or the IVF ... its a choice u have to make urself ... the way i look at it now, if i had had the reversal done ... i could at least 'try' every mth for a baby ... instead of paying for 4 ivf's ... and never getting a chance to try again.

I know it works for some ... and thats great, but it really is a decision only u and your hubby/consultant can make. maybe go for AMH test first, to see what ur egg reserve is like, i mean if u go for the reversal and lets say, in 6 - 9 mths it doesnt work, u could still go for IVF ... cos u never know how many IVF's u will need to become pregnant ... if u can pay for 2 or 3 cycles, then i would go for reversal first .... then ivf if it doesnt work ...

Good Luck... hope i havent made things too confusing for u lol

Xx

Reg: Apr 15th 2008

Children: three children before being sterilised and now fourth one is 5 now thanks to ivf

Sunday, January 9th 2011, 12:11pm

hi i went for ivf option and 2nd time got our little boy ,my consultant said it would be better for us and prob cheaper, there was more of a risk of an eptopic after reversal .
id take all options and have a good think about what you could cope with eg maybe having your tubes removed if you have an eptopic or just not getting pregnant first time with ivf good luck whatever you decide xxx

Reg: Oct 28th 2011

Saturday, October 29th 2011, 7:44pm

Hiya hun
I had a reversal July 2010.. got a bfp Sept 2010 but it was ectopic so lost right tube and beanie
a 2nd bfp in May 2011 .. had an m/c.. a 3rd bfp in October 2011 had a m/c
so yes i would recommend it.as at least you get more than 1 shot! ..
xx

Reg: Dec 14th 2011

Children: I have two sons 15 + 12 and a daughter who's 6 years old and another little man on route :)

Thursday, December 15th 2011, 2:34pm

I was sterilised 3rd Sept 07 i paid £120 to see the surgeon who did my sterilisation he was very honest and said he's support/refer me either way :smile: it was an expensive but worthy 15minute appointment. Mine and my partners decision is IVF but i did get prgnant very easily before my sterilisation. It's such a tough decision but i think only you can decide what you feel is best for you xx

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE