You are not logged in.

Unread posts
  • "Dawnie" started this thread

Reg: Nov 10th 2009

Children: Yes please!

Wednesday, December 7th 2011, 6:36pm

Very low AMH and very low FSH

Hi All

I have only posted here once before to introduce myself, that was over 2 years ago now, I visit regularly to read around the issues that I have been having that others have posted about, however, I could do with a little help / advice right now rather than continuing to go it alone if that's ok?!

We began TTC and actually began treatment in 2008. I had secondary amenorrhea, without boring you too much with the details I have had a lap & dye, several hormone profiles, several cycles of follicle tracking, 1.5 years on varying doses of Clomid, then was diagnosed with PCO and endometriosis. I had an ovarian laser marsupialisation and laser to remove the endometriosis in October last year and since then have had regular periods but still no luck. Finally got the go ahead for IVF and am due to start in January. However, the hospital recommended I had my AMH levels tested and they have posted the results to me today - 0.10 pmol/l , my last FSH taken (26th Sep 2011) was low too, 1.3 IU/L.

The hospital clearly are aware of the results of the AMH and are prepared to go ahead with IVF (is this normal?!) but I am crushed tonight and struggling to understand what it all means! If anyone can help it would be very much appreciated. Some internet sites say the AMH is the be all and end all but I see Paul Entwistle on here appears to say quite the opposite.

I am 33 years old, no previous pregnancies, BMI 19, DH SA = perfect.

Thanks x

TTC 4 Years Me 34 DH 49
Oct 10 Laser Surgery (PCOS) & removal of Endo
1st IVF Jan 12 @ St Barts - BFN

2nd ICSI Apr 12 @ ARGC :BFP: please stay with us :pray:

Our beautiful daughter arrived safely 7.1.13

MY DIARY

Reg: Oct 19th 2010

Children: one IVF miracle, yippee!!!!!

Wednesday, December 7th 2011, 6:47pm

Hi Dawnie,

I can remember last year when I was told that my AMH level was very low for my age, I was crushed. I am 31 and it was 3.49, I have since done 3 rounds of IVF 2 fresh and one frozen and they said because of the low AMH level they would put me on short protocol (no down regulation), on both fresh cycles I got 9 eggs 7 of which were mature and fertilized which is quite good. I just wanted you to know that just because you have got a low AMH level you can still get good eggs. Hope this helps hun ~ good luck with your treatment...xx

Me:32 DH:34 TTC:3yrs
IVF 1 2 & 3 BFN :bawl:
4th FET with Immunes March 12 :BFP: :pray: please stay with us :angel2:
bab22 Joseph William ~ Born 13/12/12 ~ 7.13lb!

Wednesday, December 7th 2011, 7:47pm

Thanks Shellebelle, that is good to know indeed. I think sometimes it's information overload and we never quite know where to turn for the right information. So good to hear, thanks hun, it helps a lot x

TTC 4 Years Me 34 DH 49

MY DIARY

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Wednesday, December 7th 2011, 9:25pm

Hi Dawnie. A low amh just says that you only have a few eggs left and will not produce massive quantities of eggs during ivf. However a low fsh is a good sign. You will not make many eggs during stimming cos of the low AMH but you can still get pregnant. Have they tested for other day 3 hormones like estradiol and lh? These would give you more info. but I presume that if your clinic is happy to go ahead with tx, then it probably means the other hormones are also ok.
Take care and good luck with your tx xfingers

Thursday, December 8th 2011, 8:04am

Hi Maria

Thanks for your email, they have tested everything! I don't feel like it's been explained properly and trying to find reliable info on the internet is quite difficult, thanks for your help. My LH was only 1.3IU/L they have tested oestradiol but that's printed off the edge of the page so I can't view it.

From what I can make out most of my results seem to be low, i guess sometimes thats a good thing and sometimes not, it's just working out what's what isn't it.

Thanks again for your help ladies, I feel a bit happier this morning :smile:

xx

TTC 4 Years Me 34 DH 49

MY DIARY

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Thursday, December 8th 2011, 5:05pm

Low fsh and lh is good and they match as well. Low amh is not as good, but not as bad as high fsh and lh. So you're ok!
Just let yourslef go and trust your clinic. They are the expert.
Take care

Thursday, December 8th 2011, 5:09pm

Low AMH isn't the be all and end all. I have low AMH and immune issues. There are 2 scales of measuring AMH, so my results might have come from a different scale to yours, but my AMH was 2, which is very low fertility and I have my almost 4 month old daughter babbling away next to me. Don't give up, keep positive and wishing you all the best. xxx

Thursday, December 8th 2011, 6:58pm

Girlies thank you so much, you really have helped to put my mind at ease and realise there is still some hope! xfingers 2012 brings us some luck xxx

Thanks again

TTC 4 Years Me 34 DH 49

MY DIARY

United Kingdom

Reg: Jul 2nd 2009

Children: Beautiful Jessica Mae x Holly and Elliot!

Thursday, December 8th 2011, 10:10pm

Hey there,

My last AMH (in May I think) was 1.13 and I have twins via ICSI!

h
3 X ICSI
Jessica Mae Duffety born sleeping on 9 January 2011 (21+2) - TS and HLHS
Holly and Elliot Duffety born on 16 October 2011 (25+6)
Natural Surprise - Matthew Evan Duffety born sleeping on 11 October 2013 (15+5)

Friday, December 9th 2011, 11:02am

Hayley, Wow! that's great to hear : D congratulations on your twins and also to you Amazing Grace, on the birth of your baby daughter. You are both very blessed. And thank you once again for giving me hope and sharing your stories with me.

x

TTC 4 Years Me 34 DH 49

MY DIARY