You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Red sole

• "Red sole" started this thread

Reg: Dec 6th 2011

Wednesday, December 7th 2011, 1:05am

Failed 1st ivf only 2 eggs that where no use! Final consultation on wed.. Fear no more tries!!! Help xx

Hi any help any1 can give me would be gratefully appreciated!! I have had I funded ivf which resulted in only 2 eggs that when where retrieved had no egg shell round them!!! I go back on wed for my final onsultation to the royal Infirmary in Glasgow where I fear they are goin to tell me that they won't fund another cycle!! I have low egg reserve and hormone level so time is of the essence for me! Any ideas or advice would be greatly appreciated! Thank u in advance xxxxx

Dusky7

FORUM MENTOR

United Kingdom

Reg: Aug 12th 2008

Children: Two beautiful little girls, so so lucky!! :)

What's Up?
5 :)

:balloons:

Wednesday, December 7th 2011, 9:56am

Hi Red sole, I am so sorry for what you have been through, and I am afraid I can't be of any help...I am sure someone will be along very soon with some advice. Were you on immune drugs for this cycle?

Hope the consultation goes well today and they do fund again for you xfingers good luck and let us know xxx

taxihome

United Kingdom

Wednesday, December 7th 2011, 10:37am

Hi hon.
I cant guarentee what your cons will say ref funding, but go in there armed with arguments to state your case, should your fear be the case.
Surely they can not refuse to fund another cycle based on 1 try.
I only had 2 eggs mature before my last cycle and there was a fert issue. I still got another go.
The first cycle is more a trial and error and a learning curve. I dont know what meds you were on or protocol. My second go this time tound was short protocol and 375iu Gonal F.
I also took royal Jelly. Listened to Zita West .
I got 12 eggs of which 6 were mature. So something trebled my egg count.
I know yours had no shell and it is a different ball game, but on one go, they can not know for certain that it just wasnt one of those things.

Good luck honey crossed* xfingers

Reg: Nov 26th 2009

Children: none as yet! HOPING 2012 WILL BE OUR YEAR

Wednesday, December 7th 2011, 11:10am

Like taxi home says the first cycle kind of sorts out what you actually need. They may adjust your dose to a higher one for the stimulation phase hun but I can't see any reason they would refuse you another go if your intitled to it. Try not to get to disheartened just write down every question you want answering down on paper and take it in there with you so you don't kick yourself when you come out and realise you forgot to ask something.
Good luck lovely keep us posted xxxx

LGC

Ace

Reg: Feb 20th 2011

Wednesday, December 7th 2011, 7:54pm

Hi Red,

I also only got 2 eggs on my first cycle and it was abandoned because they were not ok to use, i was on long protocol for that first cycle, my second cycle I went on short protocol due to low egg reserve and had got 6 eggs, 5 fertilised and 2 went to blastocyst and were put back onboard so to speak, we got our BFP on 13th November and so please don't give up hope and I hope you get the funding sorted out.

Good luck xx

Red sole

• "Red sole" started this thread

Reg: Dec 6th 2011

Thursday, December 8th 2011, 12:47am

Thank u all for ure replies very much appreciated!!!! I was on 375mg for 12 days so not sure if that's long or short!! I really hope they see the 1 st attempt as a trial run and allow me another go!!!! I will start taking royal jelly too!! And also have any of u taken dhea? I've just bouht it and am waiting to see what the drs say on wed bef o start to take it! Thanks sooooooo much and the very best of luck to u all too xxxxxxxxx

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE