You are not logged in.

Unread posts

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 6 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

• "butterflybee" started this thread
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Mar 10th 2011

Friday, October 7th 2011, 5:44pm

DHEA - over the counter wonder drug - success stories?

me: 32
mild endo & mild pcos & low AMH - 15 pmol/L. Immune problems (ANA - 1/80 speckled pattern)
DH: tests all came back fine
TTC: 2.5 years HSG feb 10 - partially blocked tubes unblocked by procedure
feb 10 - feb 11: x5 cycles of clomid with HCG - all :BFN:

March 11 - menopur 75iu (day 1-9) :BFP: - chemical pregnancy

April 11 - menopur 75 iu (day 1-12) overstimmed 8 follicles cancelled

May 11 - menopur 75 iu (day 1-9) :BFP: missed miscarriage - discovered at 8.5 weeks

Hey there!!

Just had a really interesting meeting with my gynae. My husband and i have decided to take a new drug that he is recommending called DHEA - we need to take it for 4 months before our next injectibles cycles - it supposed to increase the quality of egg and reduce the chances of chromosonal abnormalities.

I was wondering if anyone else had heard of it - or had had success on it? I know its very big in America but not so big here i don't think?

Thoughts much appreciated!

xxxx
BUTTERFLYBEE

26/01/14 DS born
10/10/17 DD born

'It'll all be alright in the end. If it's not alright, it's not the end.' smile2

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "butterflybee" (Oct 7th 2011, 5:49pm)

Reg: Dec 31st 2010

Sunday, October 9th 2011, 10:20am

Hi there,

DHEA is marvellous! I have been taking it almost 1 year since finding out I had DOR. I went from having 0 eggs retrieved at the first IVF attempt to having Eggs retrieved at the next two (apart from a strange blip in the summer showing only 1 follicle) and one of those eggs were a text book grade so it has brought me much hope.

There are lots of talk on DHEA on this site so do a search.

I have just started taking the 7-Keto DHEA for the past 7 weeks, without really thinking it through, I told my consultant on Friday and he's going to check it out and see if he wants me to go back to the regular DHEA. I started taking 7-Keto as I read it had fewer side effects than the regular one. It's a bit late now as I'm going through IVF so I will see what results it has next week xfingers

Good luck!
  • 35 Yrs
  • Husband perfect
  • 1st IVF 5 badly formed eggs :-(
  • Low AMH discovered; 1.21 ;(
  • 2nd IVF 3 Eggs : D, 1 av grade replaced, BFN :-(
  • 3rd IVF 4 Eggs : D, 1 av grade & 1 text book grade replaced, BFN ;(
  • 4th attempt cancelled, only one follicle ;(
  • 5th IVF 7 Eggs : D, 2 great embryos from blastocyst transferred BFP : D

• "butterflybee" started this thread
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Mar 10th 2011

Friday, October 28th 2011, 11:19am

Hello!!

Sorry I have taken such a long time to reply!!

Your post is so positive thank you! I have been taking 3 25g a day for the last 3 weeks and for the first time in my life!!! Had lots of stretchy egg white stuff around my ovulation (sorry tmi) :thumbsup:

I was dancing and skipping around my bathroom as though I'd just found out I was preggas :snigger:

Keeping everything crossed for you x
BUTTERFLYBEE

26/01/14 DS born
10/10/17 DD born

'It'll all be alright in the end. If it's not alright, it's not the end.' smile2

Reg: Dec 31st 2010

Saturday, October 29th 2011, 6:01pm

Hi,

Even more positive news is that on this go of IVF I had 6 eggs 5 fertilised and 4 went on to blastocyst and two went back in. I have just this week had my first ever positive hpt :D

I put 90% of the success down to DHEA and 10% using the right stimms combi which for me was gonal f 450ml and luveris.

Oh and my consultant said 7-keto dhea is fine to take.

Good luck.
  • 35 Yrs
  • Husband perfect
  • 1st IVF 5 badly formed eggs :-(
  • Low AMH discovered; 1.21 ;(
  • 2nd IVF 3 Eggs : D, 1 av grade replaced, BFN :-(
  • 3rd IVF 4 Eggs : D, 1 av grade & 1 text book grade replaced, BFN ;(
  • 4th attempt cancelled, only one follicle ;(
  • 5th IVF 7 Eggs : D, 2 great embryos from blastocyst transferred BFP : D

babybeat

Reg: Nov 13th 2011

Sunday, November 13th 2011, 6:37pm

Zoolander a massive congratulations - can I ask how long did you take the DHEA for please and did you fall pregnant naturally or are hyou saying you had the IVF?
I have just ordered my DHEA tablets and can't wait to get stuck.
Thanks

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 6 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE