Shock natural :BFP: 6/3/11 M/C 11/3/11

FET Oct 2010 :BFN:

MY DIARY
WE have been matched our LO will be with us for Christmas bab11

Marlene

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Wednesday, November 9th 2011, 8:22pm

Hi Optimistic

I didnt want to read and run, but I havent adopted in Scotland, but I have adopted a little girl and now half way through journey number 2. I hope someone comes along who has.

if you have any questions, I will help you as much as possible

Marlene x

Beautiful Daughter and gorgeous Son through adoption, my family now complete , 2009 started our journey and complete Oct 2012 ....

parteepartee

• "optimistic2" started this thread

Reg: Oct 16th 2010

Children: 2 baby girls in heaven, 1 beautiful boy

What's Up?
Very grateful lady

Saturday, November 12th 2011, 2:14pm

Thanks Marlene, that would be great xxx
TTC 6yrs

IVF Feb 2009 :BFN:

DE IVF Jan 2010 :BFP: 2 little pink angels in heaven 30/6/10

MY DIARY

AMB

Ace

Reg: Jun 10th 2009

Children: 2 sons

Monday, November 28th 2011, 1:10pm

Hello,

Just starting your adoption journey ... hold on to your hat, it's going to be a bumpy ride! Having said that it truly is the most fantastic thing to do & having just brought home our wee boy i can't express what a wonderful little fella he is!

Adoption in Scotland is a reasonably straightforward process, we looked at a couple of agencies in our city & chose one that felt right. We had just completed our final cycle of IVF & i was determined this was not the end so i phoned the agency, the worker was quite keen for us to wait but oh no as i said i was v v determined and a few days later our pack arrived. We waited for a while before completing the initial forms we did indeed need time to lick our wounds! We were then invited in to the agency was an indroductory meeting & some more form filling, following this we had another wait of around 3-4 months then completed the 5 week prep course.

Summer came & went & i made another phone call, our social worker had been allocated & our first meeting was arranged. For 6 months you bare your soul & possibly more, it is an interesting, emotional and very necessary process but v v hardwork!

Woo woo ... adoption panel! scary but what a moment when they say APPROVED TO ADOPT!

uh oh ... the waiting begins, checking telephone messages, e-mails and then finally ... the phonecall! we have a baby boy who has been referred to us, what, really, are you kidding??

Hello baby boy, we are your new mummy & daddy, we have been blessed!

So it can be done & yes it is very hard at times, emotional & at times quite unbearable but with a huge amount of support & your sense of humour intact you can adopt in Scotland!

Good luck xxxxxx
anneb

• "optimistic2" started this thread

Reg: Oct 16th 2010

Children: 2 baby girls in heaven, 1 beautiful boy

What's Up?
Very grateful lady

Monday, November 28th 2011, 3:40pm

Thank you so much AMB, thats an amazing story.
I too was determined and we have been nvitedto the onformation night Jan/Feb in Glasgow. I have only just becomeaarethough there ar other agencies so now feel a bit confused. We have alot of support and somefrmareas we didn't expect too (in laws lo).
If you don't mind would you keep in touch as it would b good to have somene on side who has actualy done it. We have met a coupleof couples but it was awee while ago and SW were telling me that things are changing a bit.
Thank so much again for your info xxxx
TTC 6yrs

IVF Feb 2009 :BFN:

DE IVF Jan 2010 :BFP: 2 little pink angels in heaven 30/6/10

MY DIARY

AMB

Ace

Reg: Jun 10th 2009

Children: 2 sons

Wednesday, November 30th 2011, 8:51pm

Hello,

Of course i will keep in touch & if you need any advice on reading materials ( some advised are not for the faint hearted! ) or anything just drop me a line. First off there is a fantastic little book called ' An Adoption Diary' by Maria James. This was the first book i read at the start of our 'journey' & it was really helpful & from the adopters view rather from a professionals view point. Worth a read!

Take care

x
anneb

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE