You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "optimistic2" started this thread
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Oct 16th 2010

Children: 2 baby girls in heaven

What's Up?
got everything crossed

Wednesday, November 9th 2011, 4:34pm

Adoption Scotland

Hi there has anyone adopted in Scotand?
TTC 6yrs

IVF Feb 2009 :BFN:

DE IVF Jan 2010 :BFP: 2 little pink angels in heaven 30/6/10

Shock natural :BFP: 6/3/11 M/C 11/3/11

FET Oct 2010 :BFN:

MY DIARY
WE have been matched our LO will be with us for Christmas bab11

Marlene

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Wednesday, November 9th 2011, 8:22pm

Hi Optimistic

I didnt want to read and run, but I havent adopted in Scotland, but I have adopted a little girl and now half way through journey number 2. I hope someone comes along who has.

if you have any questions, I will help you as much as possible

Marlene x

Beautiful Daughter and gorgeous Son through adoption, my family now complete , 2009 started our journey and complete Oct 2012 ....

parteepartee

• United Kingdom

What's Up?
got everything crossed

Saturday, November 12th 2011, 2:14pm

Thanks Marlene, that would be great xxx
TTC 6yrs

MY DIARY

AMB

Ace

Reg: Jun 10th 2009

Children: 2 sons

Monday, November 28th 2011, 1:10pm

Hello,

Just starting your adoption journey ... hold on to your hat, it's going to be a bumpy ride! Having said that it truly is the most fantastic thing to do & having just brought home our wee boy i can't express what a wonderful little fella he is!

Adoption in Scotland is a reasonably straightforward process, we looked at a couple of agencies in our city & chose one that felt right. We had just completed our final cycle of IVF & i was determined this was not the end so i phoned the agency, the worker was quite keen for us to wait but oh no as i said i was v v determined and a few days later our pack arrived. We waited for a while before completing the initial forms we did indeed need time to lick our wounds! We were then invited in to the agency was an indroductory meeting & some more form filling, following this we had another wait of around 3-4 months then completed the 5 week prep course.

Summer came & went & i made another phone call, our social worker had been allocated & our first meeting was arranged. For 6 months you bare your soul & possibly more, it is an interesting, emotional and very necessary process but v v hardwork!

Woo woo ... adoption panel! scary but what a moment when they say APPROVED TO ADOPT!

uh oh ... the waiting begins, checking telephone messages, e-mails and then finally ... the phonecall! we have a baby boy who has been referred to us, what, really, are you kidding??

Hello baby boy, we are your new mummy & daddy, we have been blessed!

So it can be done & yes it is very hard at times, emotional & at times quite unbearable but with a huge amount of support & your sense of humour intact you can adopt in Scotland!

Good luck xxxxxx
anneb

• United Kingdom

What's Up?
got everything crossed

Monday, November 28th 2011, 3:40pm

Thank you so much AMB, thats an amazing story.
I too was determined and we have been nvitedto the onformation night Jan/Feb in Glasgow. I have only just becomeaarethough there ar other agencies so now feel a bit confused. We have alot of support and somefrmareas we didn't expect too (in laws lo).
If you don't mind would you keep in touch as it would b good to have somene on side who has actualy done it. We have met a coupleof couples but it was awee while ago and SW were telling me that things are changing a bit.
Thank so much again for your info xxxx
TTC 6yrs

MY DIARY

AMB

Ace

Reg: Jun 10th 2009

Children: 2 sons

Wednesday, November 30th 2011, 8:51pm

Hello,

Of course i will keep in touch & if you need any advice on reading materials ( some advised are not for the faint hearted! ) or anything just drop me a line. First off there is a fantastic little book called ' An Adoption Diary' by Maria James. This was the first book i read at the start of our 'journey' & it was really helpful & from the adopters view rather from a professionals view point. Worth a read!

Take care

x
anneb

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE