You are not logged in.

Unread posts
  • "Busbybabe" started this thread

Reg: May 9th 2011

Monday, October 24th 2011, 11:42pm

URGENT!!! About to start my first cycle but forgot to come off the pill 3 days ago!!!!! Will I have to reschedule?

I'm hoping somebody can give me some advise.
I was given a date to start my first ICSI cycle this week. I'm booked in for my first scan tomorrow morning however going over my VIP letter from the clinic, I noted that I was supposed to have stopped the pill last Friday to bring on a period :S

One of the reasons I didnt double check this sooner was that I was away on holidays and only got back yesterday X(

Does this now throw everything up in the air..............I feel so silly and am thinking if I am this forgetful at the onset what am I going to be like when I start on my meds :bawl:

Reg: Nov 26th 2009

Children: none as yet! HOPING 2012 WILL BE OUR YEAR

Monday, October 24th 2011, 11:49pm

Hi Hun welcome to FZ try not to fret just yet. Have you had A period at all?, I would call the clinic first thing and tell them see what they say it may be solvable. Keep us posted Hun xfingers it ok xxx

MY DIARY

TTC SINCE JULY 2008
ME 34 ( couple of immune issues Inc low progestrone)
DP 40 LOW [zx151] COUNT
2 x ICSI 2010/2011 = BFN's :bawl:
Icsi no.3 with immune meds nov 2011 = BFN! :bawl:
Round no.4 FET March 2012

Tuesday, October 25th 2011, 12:06am

Hi Hun welcome to FZ try not to fret just yet. Have you had A period at all?, I would call the clinic first thing and tell them see what they say it may be solvable. Keep us posted Hun xfingers it ok xxx

Thanks for the quick reply. I'm really all over the place. Due to extremely irregular periods (never had regular ones) I started the pill on the 26th of Sept after getting my last natural period on the 24th of sept. I had a bleed on the pill but went straight into the second pack without a break. I've been spotting ever since!
My prob is my appointment is with the clinic in the morn. My OH told me not to take the pill tonight so I really feel like I'm up the creek without apaddle. I was so focused on making all my appointments etc and the most important thing was not done.**panic*** :S ;( :cross:

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Tuesday, October 25th 2011, 7:19am

Welcome to :FZ:

I would ring the clinic and explain. Normally at the first appointment they would like to check your lining and sometimes your bloods. The fact that you have not stopped the pill on time may delay the start for a few days but it's not a big deal, so don't panic. Also it depends was protocol you would be on. If its the long one, you will have plenty of time to 'catch up'. If it's the short one then they like you to bleed first, but again this will be delayed only by a few days.

Ring the clinic or just go to the appointment and explain, but it's important that you communicate with them so they know what's happening.

Take care.

Tuesday, October 25th 2011, 3:15pm

I really appreciate you both replying. Attended the clinic today and it will only be delayed by a few days.
I was just so in the "zone" that i freaked when I realized last night that I had not stopped the pill in time.

Reg: Nov 13th 2008

Children: In my head, I'm a mother of two.

Sunday, November 13th 2011, 8:51pm

Your post made me smile: when i was down regging for ivf i was using the nasal spray and wondered after a fortnight or so why it wasn't squirting properly and i kept doing two squirts per nostril twice a day twice as much as i was meant to but itdidn't seem like much was coming out. Anyway, i was watching tv one night when i suddenly remembered something in the instructions that i was meant to start a new bottle of spray on day 14 of the down reg. Ooops! Mad panic as it was day 16! D'oh - the first bottle was empty! I switched bottles and did another squirt but panicked like mad until down reg blood tedt. The nurse was not impressed at first but i had all the right symptoms and bloods were fine so it was ok in the end. We get so wrapped up in the details, and there are so many things to remember. You'll be fine. Praying all goes well. Phoebsxx :happy:
IVF 2009 = DD
Aug '11 natural bfp 5 yrs ttc m/c @ 8.5w
Dec '11 natural bfp m/c @ 6.5w
Oct/Nov '12 IVF no embryo to transfer

Reg: Nov 26th 2009

Children: none as yet! HOPING 2012 WILL BE OUR YEAR

Sunday, November 13th 2011, 9:18pm

Oh thank goodness it only going to be a few days delayed what a relief xxxx

MY DIARY

TTC SINCE JULY 2008
ME 34 ( couple of immune issues Inc low progestrone)
DP 40 LOW [zx151] COUNT
2 x ICSI 2010/2011 = BFN's :bawl:
Icsi no.3 with immune meds nov 2011 = BFN! :bawl:
Round no.4 FET March 2012

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE