You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "clarabel_83" started this thread

Reg: Jun 16th 2011

Friday, July 22nd 2011, 10:50pm

confused and worried about short protocol

hi guys,
just wondering if anuyone can help me we re starting our first cycle in august and we re doing short protocol rather than long as i m not producing enough eggs or something can anyone tell me if sp has slashed our chances as some ppl seem to have had no luck on sp?? ?( ?( ?( ?( ?( ?(

Saturday, July 23rd 2011, 1:49am

Hi Clarabel- 83
In my case , out of all my tx's SP was the only one that got me pregnant ! unfortunately I went on to mc but that was just probably due to my duff eggs :) i'm sure your clinic know exactly what their doing , try not to worry ( easier said than done I know ) .
Hoping you have BFP first time lucky xfingers x
:jilly:
Me 45 DH 35
TTC since 2000 natural bfp 2001 mc 12 weeks devastated
2003/4 Clomid x 3 neg iui x 3 neg unex / infert
2006 Barts IVF 8 eggs 2 fert neg
2008 H/E ICSI 6 eggs 0 fert
2008 Argc 7 eggs 2 fert Bfp ... MC 8 weeks trisomony 16 little girl
TX Clinica Fertia
1 x blast on 15/09 otd 26/09 xfingers :BFP: beta 804.1 xfingers 07/10 sac/yolk 12/10 [zx076] 17/10 HB [zx076]22/10 [zx076] 05/11 [zx076] 17/1 20 week anomaly all good . :girl: x

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "misty1966" (Jul 23rd 2011, 1:51am) with the following reason: Left out a word ( time for bed I think )

Reg: Apr 12th 2008

Saturday, July 23rd 2011, 5:03am

Hi

My last cycle I was switched to short protocol and I am currently stimming again now following sp. I can't begin to explain how much better I have felt these last two cycles! I am taking tons more mess (immune treatment) so was expecting to feel worse.

Under long protocol I got terrible headaches and hot flushes during dr phase. During stimming I got really bloated and just felt generally a bit rubbish by the time ec and et came around. This isn't the case with sp. I have still produced the same number and quality of eggs so sp hasn't had any impact on me other than to make me feel lots better.

Good luck!
6 cycles all BFN.
One last immune cycle - July 2011
06/12 - :girl:

Baby Isobel arrived on 16/04. Life is complete :hugs:

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Saturday, July 23rd 2011, 7:00am

Hi Clarablel83 and welcome to :FZ:

The short protocol is better if you don't respond as well as your ovaries are not shut down by the down-regulation drugs. Your clinic has chosen the best protocol for you so you have nothing to worry about. There is also the bonus that your treatment will be shorter and you will not suffer the side effect of going into chemical menopause, which is what the down regulation drugs do.

Check here to find out more:
INFO: A ROUGH GUIDE TO IVF/ICSI
DRUG NAMES & THEIR PURPOSES

Take care and good luck xfingers

United Kingdom

Reg: Aug 31st 2010

Saturday, July 23rd 2011, 7:01am

On my last consultation to plan my next IVF my consultant changed me from long to short which I also was confused about. I had a preconceived idea that you should only be on the short protocol if you are older or not responding well, which so far has not been my problem. The consultant told me that the short protocol is much better for all women but most clinics use the long protocol purely based on the fact that they dont want to open the clinic at the weekends! Which I thought was very interesting. But to throw a spanner in the works, the last clinic I was at who used a long protocol on me did infact do routine proceedures at the weekend so I dont know how much I believe that. So really this is of no use, but possibly food for thought for you. X
Egg Donor @ MFS
EC 1/12/10 -13 eggs (7 for me)
ET 4/12/10
Me :BFN: Recipient :BFP:

Lister- IVF June 2011 :BFN:

FET Aug 2011 :BFN:

Reg: Feb 3rd 2011

Children: One beautiful daughter -born Oct '11

Saturday, July 23rd 2011, 8:29am

Long protocol didn't work for me - we had to abandon the cycle. We switched to short protocol and VOILA!!! Nearly 28 weeks pregnant now! I produced 12 eggs, 8 were mature, 7 fertilised. In the end only one survived to blast, and she is kicking me right now.

5 - yes FIVE angels baby5 All early losses due to elevated NK cells.

1st IVF january 2011 resulted in our beautiful daughter born Oct 2011 bab10

My diary

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 23rd 2010

Children: Crazy Jake!

Saturday, July 23rd 2011, 8:37am

I'm like Daisy too! Long protocol I only produced 3 follicles after 17 days of stimming and had my cycle abandoned. With the short protocol I felt so so much better, it was over in a flash! I produced 9 eggs, all mature and, like Daisy am being booted as I type, only by a blue variety!
Masses of luck hun,
blowkiss

Me - 33, PCO, high FSH

DF - 37, multiple [zx151] problems

TTC - 5yrs,

ICSI Nov 2010 abandoned, poor response

ICSI Feb 2011 - :BFP: woohoo

11/10/11 bab22 born at 36w with extreme cardiac failure & hydrops
"a true miracle baby"

SultrySapphire's Diary

chatterbox

Megastar

Reg: Nov 30th 2007

Children: Two heaven sent miracles!

Sunday, July 24th 2011, 11:09pm

Long protocols kept my ovaries dozy! Short protocol is less meds, uses more of your own body's natural hormones (piggy backs them). It is used predominantly in poor responders and "older" ladies as it seems to be a bit gentler. I got pg on both, but the quality of my embies has been better on short....

Best of luck.

xxxx

Me 40 DH 35 TTC 10yr
peritoneal mesothelioma, cystectomy 97 & 00
peritonectomy, lost both tubes & most of left ovary Aug 07

Dec 07 BFP b/ov m/c 9.6wk
July 08 BFN
Dec 08 BFP b/ov m/c 9.6wk

July 09 BFN
Nov 09 BFP 2 x sacs 1 b/o 1 no hrtbt m/c 9.2wk
May10 BFP at 8+4 m/mc @10wk scan ERPC

Found: High NK cells, DQ Alpha match, LAD neg & PAI-1 pos...

NOV 2010 - Immune IVF at CARE Manchester
:BFP: [zx076] :girl: born 25/8/11

OCT 2012 - Immune IVF at CARE Manchester
:BFP: [zx076] :boy: born 24/6/13

flump

United Kingdom

Reg: Dec 16th 2009

Children: A 13 year old daughter

Saturday, October 29th 2011, 7:36pm

These posts are just what I needed :) Starting first IVF cycle on short protocol when AF next comes as my AMH is low & I'm loving all these comments about positive outcomes & less side effects with sp x : D

babydust to us all

Me & OH both 31
One gorgeous DD (from previous r/ship) born 11/04/97
TTC 2 years
Waiting (im)patiently for Consultant's appt on 3/8/10 after an 8 month wait
Me -LH 6, FSH 12, Day 2. Looks like I may be running low on eggies
OH - 77 mil count, 16% fast progressive, 24% slow ones, 3% normal forms, Head to head agglutination

PMA all the way

Saturday, October 29th 2011, 7:57pm

Short protocol worked for me and i'm looking at my lovely little daughter on the monitor just now! I have low AMH and I did produce lots of eggs on long protocol (16), but I produced 12 better quality ones on short. There is no protocol that is better, they are just designed for different reasons. I found the short cycle so much easier too. Wishing you all the best. xxx

United Kingdom

Reg: May 13th 2009

Children: One gorgeous little boy called Daniel

Saturday, October 29th 2011, 8:19pm

I was put on short protocol and it was great. It was over very quickly, very few side effects and loads less medication. For me it worked brilliantly, I had 11 eggs, 6 fertilised, I had two embryo's put back and now have my 17 month old little boy to show how successful it was. I would always try to go for short protocol if I ever went through IVF again xx

1 user apart from you is browsing this thread:

1 guests