You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Andrea1" started this thread

Reg: Feb 28th 2008

Children: None but do have a gorgeous nephew

Monday, October 24th 2011, 9:32pm

ICSI Abroad

Hello Ladies

I haven't been on here for quite a while. As you can see we have had 5 ICSI tx at 2 different clinics we've had a years break and have decided that we like to try again but we are seriously considering looking into having our next tx abroad but we have no idea where to start. Can anyone help please??
Andrea :xxx3:

:rainbow:
ME 35 DH 41
1st ICSI March 08 :BFN:
2nd ICSI Aug 08 :BFN:
3rd ICSI Aug 09 failed fertilisation
4th ICSI March 10 :BFN:
5th ICSI Nov 10 :BFN:
Going to try au natural for a while!
babydust

Reg: Jun 20th 2011

Children: is the question, 'soon' is the answer (fingers crossed)

Monday, October 24th 2011, 9:39pm

fore runners in india is ment to be very very good!!! cheap too with uk and usa trained medical staff. look it up on google. I e mailed them a while ago and they replied very helpfully.
Good luck with what ever you decide xx
PCOS
DH Perfect (his opinion, not mine)
A laparscopy has shown tubal damage.
Ovarian drilling :BFN:
Prescribed Clomid 50mg for 18 months :BFN:
3x IUI 2 with clomid one with Menopur :BFN:
Currently taking Metformin 1500mg
xfingers ET Blasto Feb 2012 At Care Manchester

MY DIARY

Gracie

Reg: Jul 15th 2007

What's Up?
I now have double the trouble :)

Tuesday, October 25th 2011, 6:24pm

:hello: Andrea

There are so many choices when it comes to having treatment abroad. I had treatment at Institut Marques in Spain, I used them because I needed donor eggs and they were recommended to me by my UK clinic, they weren't a cheap option though at 10K Euros for a donor cycle.

Spain has a good reputation when it comes to treatment abroad and there are other good clinics in Greece (Serum gets a big thumbs up from more than one lady on here), the Czech Republic and even Norway. I guess there is also the good old US of A but very expensive to get there!

Going abroad is not necessarily the cheap option, a lot of clinics quote bargain prices but don't include drug costs so you need to make sure you are getting a quote for the true cost of treatment. Plus you will have to allow travelling expenses and possible costs of scans/bloods in the UK.

It can be a bit daunting to start with but I cannot fault IM, they are very professional and I have them to thank for my daughter (who is one next week). I would say do your research and speak to/e-mail a few places and see how you feel about it all. You have to remember that you are going abroad for a serious medical procedure so you need to be 100% happy with your choice.

Have a look down some of the threads on the 'treatment abroad' page to get some opinions.

If I can answer any other questions please just shout and :goodluck: with whatever you decide.

Love Gracie

xxxxx

Me - 39 AMH 1.79, DH - 43
TTC since 04/06
6 x TX to date, inc 2 DIVF in Barcelona

One early loss, 04/09
Freya Grace arrived on 6/11/10 - Perfect at 6lb and 1/2 oz

Amazing natural :BFP: on 12/02/12
Poppy Ann arrived on 13/10/12 - Born at home weighing 6lb 12oz

We got there in the end! happydance

• "Andrea1" started this thread

Reg: Feb 28th 2008

Children: None but do have a gorgeous nephew

Tuesday, October 25th 2011, 7:41pm

Thank you Gracie & Keep the Faith. Happy 1st birthday for next week to your daughter Gracie :birthdaycake:

My plan over the next couple of weeks whilst hubby is away is to do my homework no doubt by the time he gets back from Canada my head will be spinning :wacko: but it will all be worth it in the end. My aim is to have a list of possible UK & Overseas clinics listing the pros and cons and then we can decide together :) that's the plan anyways xfingers .
Andrea :xxx3:

:rainbow:
ME 35 DH 41
1st ICSI March 08 :BFN:
2nd ICSI Aug 08 :BFN:
3rd ICSI Aug 09 failed fertilisation
4th ICSI March 10 :BFN:
5th ICSI Nov 10 :BFN:
Going to try au natural for a while!
babydust