You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Reg: Apr 26th 2011

Children: none

Thursday, September 29th 2011, 3:35pm

blowkiss Hi girls,

Hope your all enjoying the weather.

Well phoned sm this morning with the bfn, anthea phoned me back she's so lovely and i can request FET on next af so great news! should be finished a week before xmas,just hope the 2 little embys make it we will also be saving for immune tests in the meant time, just ordered in the folic acid, b6 and vitamin e so realy going for it this time and im drinking the pineapple juice and eating pineapples and munching on the brazil nuts.

Clair, how are you feeling today?

linz, ill probably be behind you on FET by 2 weeks so we can compare notes.lol

Hope, how are you doing? hope this weather is not to hot for the little monkey.

jane, how you doing?

foxxy, you put them tests down yet? ha im looking forward and excited for you for the big scan.

:xxx3:
Me33 Dh32 TTC6Y unexplained
ivf oct 2010 Bfn
IVFapril 2011 BFN

FET SEP 11 BFN

FET JAN 12 BFN

Oct 14 adopted two gorgeous girls
Never looked backxx

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "chloe301" (Sep 29th 2011, 3:36pm)

Reg: Apr 2nd 2011

Thursday, September 29th 2011, 7:18pm

Referral for IUI at SM

Hello ladies,

I felt I had to get it out of my chest. My partner and I have been trying to conceive for nearly 3 years now and I know that it has not been long but I feel that time is not on my side. I had a miscarriage back in 2010 at 8 weeks (baby stopped growing at 6 weeks) and just had another one last week at 9 weeks. The embryo was not developping properly and was diagnosed as a delayed miscarriage.

As my partner and I are trying to come to term with yet another slap in the face, I just had a letter today from the hospital saying that I have been referred to the SM IVF Unit for IUI.I have undergone some fertility tests which came back normal. However there are some issues with my partner's sperm-the morphology is abnormal.

I was wondering if anyone could give any sort of indication as to what to expect. How long does a referral usually take? I have read information on IUI on the web but would like to hear from anyone willing to share their experience.

My partner is 32 years old and I'm 35.

Feel free to share any stories/comments.

Thanks and baby dust!!
Me-36-very low amh

Lovely partner-32, poor morphology

Natural BFP, March 2010- misc@ 7 wks :bawl:

Natural BFP, August 2011-misc @ 8 wks :bawl:

IVF-short protocol MFS xfingers- 7 eggs-none fertilised :tear:

Reg: Sep 14th 2010

Thursday, September 29th 2011, 8:01pm

hi chloe great news looking forward to it :) i remember phoning with my bfn the nurse was amazing but i just needed to get of that phone looking forward to seeing nurse jenny again :) xxx

ICSI july2011 :BFN:
FET oct 2011 xfingers

Reg: Oct 23rd 2010

Children: One gorgeous little boy through IVF

Friday, September 30th 2011, 4:29pm

Hello Ladies,

Chloe thats wonderful news, so much easier when you can see your next treatment in sight!!! It will be nice that you hav eLinzndan to keep you company. Good luck hun.

Busybee- Hey hun, welcome to SM site hun. Im sorry to hear about your losses, it must have been awful for you hun. I think my referral took about 12 weeks in total an dthat was seeing a conultant in that time too. I cant remember to be exact, hopefully someone will call by shortly and be able to help. Good luck hun, hope the time flys for you. The waiting is the worst bit!!!

Linzndan- Oooo i loved Jenny she was my favourite nurse, she is so nice, just wish all of them were so friendly and supportive!!

AFM- Well im still testing positive and have had bloods at 15dpo that are saying im pregnant...head mash!!! I am still convinced that i am having a chemical pregnancy as i feel that my hormone levels are dropping i have less symptoms. I have to go back to have blood tests on Tuesday to see if they have risen or dropped. I do think that my test was a little fainter today for the first time, which is what happens apparantely. I think i have peed on roughly 30 tests argh!!!! costing me a fortune. Next time i will be sticking to OTD... :snigger: silly girl i am.

1st IVF Cycle Dec 10- :BFN :bawl:
2nd IVF Cycle May 2011- :BFN :bawl:
3rd IVF Cycle Sept 2011- Chemical pregnancy...BFN :bawl:
4th Icsi/ARRAY Testing cycle-Dec/Jan - : :BFP: :happy:

baby Jenson arrived safetly on the 01/10/12 baby7

Reg: Jun 20th 2011

Children: is the question, 'soon' is the answer (fingers crossed)

Friday, September 30th 2011, 10:50pm

Hi All.....

Busy bee.... welcome to our group, as claire t said, sorry to hear about your losses. I cant imagine what that must have been like for you. On a possitive note, you can conceive and s.m will do everything they can to help you maintain that (altho that wont change your hurtful past). ive had 3 iui's and unfortunatly they didnt work for me, but that was down to my ovulation problems so fingers crossed they work for you. my antie conceived and carried a healthy pregnancy through iui, and lots of women on here did too, so look at iui as a possitive and sm will provide you with the drugs they think you will need to give you the baby you deserve. If you have any questions about iui feel free to PM me xx

Linzndan... Who's jenny?? i saw a blonde haired nurse on Tuesday, she was nice, dont know her name tho. i was ment to start all my drugs on tuesday for ivf but got a call at 4pm to say No, as my bloods wernt right :sadface: came on my period on saturday night and it was finished by sunday morning (blasted pcos) its good that i dont have to prick myself every night in the stomach with those needles but it aint good that it aint helping me get the baby we long for.

Chloe.... chin up hun, its awful having a bfn but you will get there.. we all will. fingers crossed for your FET. Do you know when your next cycle will be? we could be cycling together.

To every one else... sorry i havnt been keeping up with your progress over the last few days, but I will catch up soon. hope your all remaining possitive, i know its hard to maintain possitive thoughts, but with possitive thoughts brings possitive results. (get me...... im always thinking negitive yet know i shoudnt be, its very very hard... possitive possitive POSSITIVE)

speak soon xx
PCOS
DH Perfect (his opinion, not mine)
A laparscopy has shown tubal damage.
Ovarian drilling :BFN:
Prescribed Clomid 50mg for 18 months :BFN:
3x IUI 2 with clomid one with Menopur :BFN:
Currently taking Metformin 1500mg
xfingers ET Blasto Feb 2012 At Care Manchester

MY DIARY

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "keep the faith" (Sep 30th 2011, 10:53pm)

Sunday, October 2nd 2011, 5:18pm

blowkiss Hi everyone

Clair, realy sorry hun, sounds like your having a nightmare, im not clued up on this chemical pregnancy i thought it only hapened when the hcg shot was still present i tested a week after both my fresh and got a bfn so the shot had gone a week after both times, you must be so upset, i hope you get good news on tue because it cant be the shot surely. let us know how you get on fingers crossed for you anyway.x

Faith, ill be ringing next af so in about 3 weeks so all together ill be starting fet in about 6 weeks, when are you starting?

hi linz, ohhh not long now, i hope we all get good news this time.

hope everyone else is well

ivf oct 2010 Bfn
IVFapril 2011 BFN

FET SEP 11 BFN

FET JAN 12 BFN

Never looked backxx

Sunday, October 2nd 2011, 5:49pm

hi chloe hun AF should be a week tomorrow like i said should be knowing my luck she be late lol think im driving dan crazy with the kitchen calender :snigger: xfingers for us all xxxhow you feeling chloe hun xxx
hi claire how are you hunni xxx

FET oct 2011 xfingers

Tuesday, October 4th 2011, 11:17am

blowkiss Hi girls.

just a quick one, will check in later

hope everyone is well

Clair, Wishing you loads of luck today, i hope we get the answer we all want for you.

ivf oct 2010 Bfn
IVFapril 2011 BFN

FET SEP 11 BFN

FET JAN 12 BFN

Never looked backxx

Tuesday, October 4th 2011, 12:07pm

Hi All,

Well..... I should have had my first ivf by now, but af put a stop to that.. on for a day then off for a week (pcos is a nightmare). any way ive just taken the first Norethisterone tablet so hopefully after 5 days that should bring on a period and i can get cracking with my fridge full of injections. Gonel F being the main one. Ivf used menopur in the past at a differant hospital not sure why im being given gonel F... any one know?
So I should be well on my way soon .... yeeeee haarrrrrrRR :snigger:
PCOS

MY DIARY

Reg: Apr 2nd 2011

Tuesday, October 4th 2011, 8:34pm

Hi ladies,

Thank you for making me feel welcome.It's reassuring to know that you're not alone. Last weekend had a total meltdown and cried until I had no more tears. Found out that one my friends is pregnant andwhile I'm very happy for her I can't help feeling down at the same time. I wish I was a little stronger. Anyway picking myself up now and looking towards the future.

Just received a form from Saint Mary's for the referral. Hopefully it won't be too long before we find out whether we can go ahead or not. It may sound daft but does anyone know whether the hospital writes/rings to let you know whether you've been accepted for IVF or do you have to pester them?

Claire T- I agree about waiting. I only put the form in the post today, so hopefully it won't be long. 12 weeks does not seem like a long time after all.

Keep the faith-fingers crossed that everything goes well
Me-36-very low amh

Lovely partner-32, poor morphology

Natural BFP, March 2010- misc@ 7 wks :bawl:

Natural BFP, August 2011-misc @ 8 wks :bawl:

IVF-short protocol MFS xfingers- 7 eggs-none fertilised :tear:

Tuesday, October 4th 2011, 9:40pm

Hi busy bee.....

I got a letter from st marys telling me i had been excepted..... and it did take a long time for treatment to start.
i totally understand your upset regaurding your friend being pregnant. ive been through it many many times, however when my bestest friend thoughout every thing got pregnant she cried her heart out when she toldme as she knew how much i had been through, thats what made it special tho as she considered my feelings and there is nothing more i wanted for her then to be happy.
i found it much harder that me and my husband got married over two years ago and his brother got his girlfriend pregnant within 3 months and his other brother got his girlfriend pregnant and they hadnt been getting on great.

i beleive every thing we are going through just makes our babies to be much more appreciated and wanted... not 'accidents' but planned and cherished xx
PCOS

MY DIARY

Tuesday, October 4th 2011, 9:43pm

chloe 301...
its looking likely we will be cycle buddies xfingers for us both hun xx
PCOS

MY DIARY

Thursday, October 6th 2011, 9:59am

Hi ladies,

Just a quick one, so apologise for the lack of personals.

Just wanted to let you know that my BFP turned to a negative on Monday morning. So it was a chemical pregnancy. Chloe, the shot was out of my system on 8dpo..i always test to make sure it is. It does mean that i was pregnant but it chose not to stick around. We did concieve but the egg maybe struggled to fully implant so was rejected!! A chemical pregnancy is classed as a very early misscarriage. This has given me some hope that we were so close, the closest we have been. Ive never had a postive test before. Been a very emotional week. to have a BFP for over a week and then to have it snatched away is heartbreaking. But i know have a consultation booked at a private clinic, so maybe next time they will stick around for good... xfingers

Chloe- How are you feeling hunni, your time will be here again real soon. Ill be checking in on you..x x x

Linzndan- Oooooo not long now. Again ill be popping by to see how your going.

Hope and Foxxy- Hope mother and babies are doing well.

Keep the faith- Good luck with your treatment hun.

Busybee- Good luck hun. On two of my cycles close friends have told me that they are pregnant, so i know how you feel hun. As much as you want to be happy for them, doesnt mean that it doesnt hurt...because it does. Jees the amount of tears i have shed is unreal, i didnt think i was ever going to stop. My best friend gave birth this time when i got my BFN..that was very hard too. But at the same time i was over the moon for her. All i can say is that..all good things come to those who wait...you will be a mummy one day, You will be able to shout it from the roof tops, and your baby will be so special. Stay strong hun.

foxxy

Reg: Aug 2nd 2011

Thursday, October 6th 2011, 12:08pm

Hey Claire,

I am so sorry about the outcome of your BFP. We know that there can be a number of reasons why embryos don't take- everything from chromosomal issues, auto immune issues and even blastocysts not hatching properly so they can implant fully (Especially if frozen embryos are used). Either way, it's probably no more comfort to you, but from what I've heard, a private clinic will probably be more likely to investigate these issues. Private clinics aim to have higher success rates than the NHS as it's their business to.

My only issue with you attending a private clinic is the possibility of you leaving this board :scared: I would still like to know how you get on [zx127]
Me: Mild PCOS
DP: Good sperm count
Treatment: ICSI with frozen eggs
:BFP: 17/09/11

We're determined to conceive our little keeper baby3

Thursday, October 6th 2011, 8:56pm

blowkiss Hi everyone

Hope your all well.

Clair, realy sorry i was hoping no news was good news realy wanted to log on to happy news from you, like you said you have never got that far so it is positive and possible, i have never ever had a bfp, whens your app with the private?

Hi to everyone, sorry i havent put any personals or updates dont want to come accross insensitive to clair at her sad time,if you know what i mean.

ivf oct 2010 Bfn
IVFapril 2011 BFN

FET SEP 11 BFN

FET JAN 12 BFN

Never looked backxx

Reg: Jul 23rd 2010

Children: 1 on the way

Friday, October 7th 2011, 9:19am

So sorry Claire, was really hoping this was it for you, take some time out and then think about your next steps dont give up hun, I'm sure it will happen for you soon. Take Care xxx
Me 31 - Ok
DH 31 - low [zx151]
TTC - 6 years

1st ICSI - July 2010 :BFN: :tears:
2nd ICSI - 25 April 2011:BFP: :faint: babydust EDD 26/12/2011

baby7 Harrison Stephen was born at 21:41 on 6/01/2012 we are over the moon with our little man xx

Sunday, October 9th 2011, 2:50pm

finally AF has arrived 1 day early do i phone tomorrow to request treatment as its quite late afternoon im a bit unsure hope you all ok xxxx

FET oct 2011 xfingers

loulou81

Reg: Sep 18th 2010

Sunday, October 9th 2011, 4:26pm

Hi all
I'm back on the rollercoster that is ivf
I'm due to have 2 little embies put back in on thurs on a. Frozen transfer

Linzdan you will need to call tomorrow between 9 and 11 am to request treatment at St Marys

I'm off to read back on past comments x
Lou x

Sunday, October 9th 2011, 4:37pm

thanks lou good luck with your treatment x

FET oct 2011 xfingers

United Kingdom

Reg: Nov 24th 2010

Monday, October 10th 2011, 2:33pm

Hi ladies not been on for a while, would have been my due date with our first pregnancy around this time so bit surreal how my life is not changed forever! 2nd miscarriage was in august so getting myself back on track! Need to lose some weight i put on through pregnancy and drugs etc before we start IVF in hopefully November. We were accepted for 2 cycles earlier this year but were told to keep trying with the clomid, as it worked the first time. Pregnant 1st try then again in June but ERPC on august 24th. So told by nurses at St marys to wait at least 3 months and ring on either cycle in november or at the end of novembmer PCOS means dont know when one is expected. So still waiting for cycle after ERPC at the moment. Bit of a bummer as 2 girls i know have had there babies (no problems!) around the time i was due which is just a hurtful reminder. Im doing a lot of writing about things at the moment and seems to be helping.

Anywho was just wondering at 5'2 last time i was at st marys i was weighed think i was about 11 stone something and just wondering if anyone knew the max weights they allow for heights off the charts they use.

Thanks
Jan11 clomid :BFP: Feb 11 M/C 9wks 6days

7/7/11 clomid :BFP: 24/08: ERPC

26/1/12 2 embies back 12/02/12 :BFN:

Aug12 :BFP:

10/04/13 bab22

Tuesday, October 11th 2011, 11:47am

:hi: finally got my call back from the nurse got to go on 2nd of november smile2 hope you all ok xxxx

FET oct 2011 xfingers

Wednesday, October 12th 2011, 8:03pm

blowkiss Hi girls,

Linz, thats great news i will be 2weeks behind you got another 2wk before af due.

clair, how you doing hun?

Foxxy, you ok? how you feeling?

faith, hi hun how are you?

Vikki, hi, so nice to see your back and feeling better, as for the weight not sure i only got weighed the once rite at the start before any treatment but i do know it goes on BMI and i think it needs to be below 27 but could be wrong.

Feelin down, dh's cousin just had a baby she's only 20 just seems unfair and the whole family are all exstaticly happy, like you would be because only dh's parents know about us. ohh well will just grit my teeth and smile.

ivf oct 2010 Bfn
IVFapril 2011 BFN

FET SEP 11 BFN

FET JAN 12 BFN

Never looked backxx

Wednesday, October 12th 2011, 9:15pm

Hey Ladies,

Thanks for all your kind messages, really does mean a lot.

Chloe- Im so glad that your treatment is near. I really have everything crossed for you hun. Its so hard isnt it, when everyone around you is either talking babies, giving birth or telling you they are pregnant. It is hard isnt it, you are pleased for them but want to scream and shout at the same time time. But dont worry hun, your time will come....x x x

Linzndan- Yipeee the AF is on time, well that really is a first for you..she deserves a :dance: . Heres to a :BFP: x x

Keep the faith- Hi hun, hows things? x

Vikki- really sorry to hear about your miscarriages hun, that must have been awful. I cant help with the BMI hun, i just got weighed the once and to be honest i didnt take much notice..sorry i cant help. id phone the clinic and ask just dont give your name!! Good Luck with your treatment.

Hope- Not long now before you will be holding baby in your arms. Cant wait to log on and se your news...x x x

Foxxy- hey, hows the bump, hope your well x x x

Friday, October 14th 2011, 11:11am

hi claire yeah 1 day early for once and i must say DP was not at all impressed :snigger: when i eventually got my call back of the nurses she stated that i had quite short cycles i said no 1 was actually 6weeks receptionist had taken my dates down wrong luckily my smear isnt due til jan xxx

FET oct 2011 xfingers

Friday, October 14th 2011, 2:40pm

Hi All...

Yayyyyy>>>> AF has finally arrived I phoned SM this morning and have to be there tomorrow between 7.30 and 8.30am..... thats me getting up at 4.30am to catch the 5.20am train :faint:
I cant wait... I've already got my injections and tomorrow is for the blood test and scan, so it could be the first prick tomorrow evening (ouch).

Linzndan.... You sound cheery, lol. hows things going with you. have you started the jabs or will that all start on the 2nd Nov? We never know what SM has in store for us really do we :P

Claire T... hows you love?

Foxxy... Hows you hun? your in my thoughts :cuddle

Hope.... Exciting times ahead for you... sooooo jealous, yet very pleased for you

Vikki444.... I too have pcos, lots of women struggle with weight with pcos. fortunately i'm one of the lucky ones at a size ten. although if i don't stop eating ex amounts of crap that will soon change. I have been weighed only the once. i'm so sorry to hear of your miscarriage hun, I have never been able to conceive as yet so i cant say I can fully understand of your loss although I can imagine it to be be immense :bawl: . were you taking metformin tablets at that time? are you taking them now?

Loulou81... Wow 2 embies, that's exactly what i'm wanting. how did it go, how are you feeling xfingers for you

every one else.... how you all doing? I was wondering how many times we have crossed paths at SM without actually realizing. Any body going to be there in the morning?

much love to all xXx
PCOS

MY DIARY

Friday, October 14th 2011, 3:19pm

hiya faith hun wow up at 4.30 am yeah injections start on 2nd nov not long to go now for me good luck with your blood test and scan xxxx :)

FET oct 2011 xfingers

Sunday, October 16th 2011, 1:06pm

Hi All, how is every one?

I took my first injection of Gonal F measured at 112.5 last night. Think I did it twice by accident as the pen didn't appear to be working. I'm going to St Marys in the Morning for a scan and blood test so see what comes of that. I'm apparently on a short protocol, but the Gonal F seems to be on a low dose. Makes me think I will be waiting forever to get the eggs to right size for EC. but hey hoe they know what they are doing... right?!?!?!
Has any one else just started the jabs? Are any of you at St Marys tomorrow?

hope your all ok xx
PCOS

MY DIARY

Monday, October 17th 2011, 8:03pm

All seems quiet on here... Is every one ok? xx
PCOS

MY DIARY

Reg: Jul 23rd 2010

Children: 1 on the way

Monday, October 17th 2011, 8:31pm

Hi Keep the faith - Im good thanks yeah, 30 weeks today cant believe why time is going but cant wait for LO to arrive. I finish work 4 weeks on Friday with only 14 more work get ups as I have AL to take. I keep popping in to see how your all doing and so hope you get your BFP this timem I gave everything crossed for you LinzNDan, Chloe and Claire T and of course all the other newbies I see on here.

Hi to everyone else - I keep reading to see how your getting on and wish you all the luck with you next cycles. I'm still here for all my Cycle buddies you know who you are and all the newboes too xxxx
Me 31 - Ok
DH 31 - low [zx151]
TTC - 6 years

1st ICSI - July 2010 :BFN: :tears:
2nd ICSI - 25 April 2011:BFP: :faint: babydust EDD 26/12/2011

baby7 Harrison Stephen was born at 21:41 on 6/01/2012 we are over the moon with our little man xx

Monday, October 17th 2011, 8:43pm

hi Hope...
Wow St Mary's appear to have done you proud... congratulations. Wonder who's next... xx
PCOS

MY DIARY

Reg: Mar 3rd 2011

Monday, October 17th 2011, 10:00pm

Hi ladies. Well my fz cycle dragging on, been on buserelin for over 3 weeks n bloodshed not right n yet again have cysts they are watching n no af. Last time I was injecting for 7 weeks in total n think gonna be same again! Hopefully norothistetone will bring on af this week so I can start oestradiol pills. Been last 2 weekends
for bloods at 8 to be told need scan but can't be seen till 11. then sent to pharmacy which was closed at weekends so had to go back today.. ahrr!! Just praying my fosties make it to blastocysts. Mmm feel better now after my rant!!
Hope your all ok, and glad your pregnancy going well hope, sure you will have a wonderful Christmas. X
Me 33 pcos/endo
DH 37
08 - clomid
09/10 - 3 x iui
2011- 1st ivf bfn
2011-fet x 3 bfn

2013 ivf Liverpool -ohss (11 blastos in freezer! ) :thumbsup:

Reg: Sep 6th 2011

Monday, October 17th 2011, 10:06pm

I'm back !!!!!! And you thought you'd got rid of me :snigger:

Well you were all correct. Quick reminder, SM's said they couldn't fit me in for IVF before I turned 40 even though I still had another 6 weeks to go and they'd had the referral 8 weeks.

Well I contacted my NHS board and spoke to a lovely lady who makes IVF decisions. She agreed that I still fitted the profile so asked me to leave it with her. The next day she called me back and said SM's were still adamant they couldn't fit me in so she was giving me the funding to go to the private facility CARE in Manchester..... she had an appointment for me the very next day!! I went and saw the doctor who was lovely and said he could see no reason why I shouldn't begin on my very next cycle. To celebrate we just went on holiday for a bit of sun and to help me try and relax before treatment started.

So today I had my very first Buserelin injection Yaaaaaaaaayyyyyyy!! Never thought I'd be so pleased to say I'm injecting drugs : D (Stings a bit but it was fine)

So I guess not being treated at SM's I don't really belong on this page but I hope you don't kick me off :bawl:

Anyway any tips you can give on what I should be doing over these next few weeks would be gratefully received, especially from you Mrs "BFP" Foxxy :snigger: How is that bump coming along? Any morning sickness yet??

How are you all doing Keep The Faith, Chloe, Claire, Linzidan and anyone else I've forgot?????????????? xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
ME - 40
DP - 41 low morph
Miscarriage Christmas 2010 :tears:
ICSI 17/10 2011
EC 14/11
ET 17/11 1x9cell - 2x4cell (hadn't grown overnight)
OTD 30/11

Monday, October 17th 2011, 10:28pm

Oh predictive text!! Meant bloods not bloodshed!!!!! Lol, night ladiesx :sleeping:
Me 33 pcos/endo
DH 37
08 - clomid
09/10 - 3 x iui
2011- 1st ivf bfn
2011-fet x 3 bfn

Tuesday, October 18th 2011, 8:02am

trolleydolly thats great news good luck with your treatment xfingers when i dont come on here for a few hours it gets busy lol thanks hope :) 15 more days until buserlin not that im counting the days :snigger: xxx

FET oct 2011 xfingers

Reg: Sep 6th 2011

Tuesday, October 18th 2011, 5:01pm

Thanks Linzndan and fingers crossed for you too. I'm glad we went away on holiday during the lead up to starting, I'd probably have driven his lordship mad on the countdown lol. Well lets both be positive together............ 2012 babies for us [zx127] xxxxxxx
ME - 40
DP - 41 low morph
Miscarriage Christmas 2010 :tears:
ICSI 17/10 2011
EC 14/11
ET 17/11 1x9cell - 2x4cell (hadn't grown overnight)
OTD 30/11

Tuesday, October 18th 2011, 8:54pm

Hey Trollydolly,
That's great news... soooo pleased for you, really glad you have sorted things out. What a great idea to have a holiday before treatment, de-stress time! you must have been besides yourself with worry... This IS going to work for you.
Out of curiosity how do you get in touch with the NHS boards? Dont you go any where, we are all keen to know how your getting on xx

Linzndan...
Not long to go at all, for you hun. I'm doing surprisingly well with these injections. I've got a strong pain thresh hold I think, I don't really feel any pain from them at all. Might do next week, when jabbing myself in the same place over and over xx

Dizzyjane....
I was at SM on Saturday too having bloods. We could have been sat together. I'm back there on Thursday. My xfingers for your blastocysts hun, Sounds like your the closest to the BFP. I'm sure they will be fine. Is St Marys doing blastocysts as part of routine proceedure now? Their success rates should increase massively if they are xx

Hows every one else? hope all is ok xx
PCOS

MY DIARY

Tuesday, October 18th 2011, 8:57pm

ClaireT...

Hows you chick? xx
PCOS

MY DIARY

Reg: Apr 25th 2011

Tuesday, October 18th 2011, 9:16pm

Early miscarriage

Hi All,
This is my first post on here so I am not sure if I am in the right place. We have been trying to conceive for 2.5 years and have been told this is due to unexplained infertility (the usual basic scans, bloods and sperm tests). I am 36, partner is 38. 1st cycle of IVF resulted in early v.early miscarriage at 3 weeks- this happened 6 weeks ago. Still waiting for AF to arrive following this. I have a couple of questions. Is there a usual time that AF will arrive- probably no exact answer. SMH told me to ring at 8 weeks if no AF. I have been offered a review appointment at SMH to speak to a Clinical fellow in April 2012 but would like to know before next cycle (hopefully before April 2012) if any further tests can be done. Has anyone else been offered a review appointment so long in advance? We are considering having a private consultation at Care Manchester/Bolton to discuss whether any tests (immune/ blood clotting disorders)- has anyone else done this? how do I make sure that having a private consultation will not affect our NHS funding for the second IVF cycle? I know that I should take it as a positive that I can have a BFP and that it is not a repeated miscarriage but we were told at the start to try naturally for 2 years and then request tests at our GP (fortunately we did not wait this length of time) so I do not want to wait for things to fail again. we do not want to wait for another failed IVF before having tests even though we appreciate the tests are likely to show no problems. Has anyone had any experience in any of my questions?
I would like to thank anyone for taking time to read this and give me some advice. :)

Tuesday, October 18th 2011, 9:40pm

keep the faith glad your injections are going well ive never done the injections meself get myDP to do them for me as im a wimp always have something to cover me face so i cant see him doing it lol think im driving him slightly mad with the countdown :snigger: xxxx
trolley yeah we gotta stay positive now if everything goes to plan on my FET my test date will be a few days before my birthday :) xxxx

FET oct 2011 xfingers

Reg: Jun 25th 2011

Tuesday, October 18th 2011, 11:53pm

Hi ladies, it seems there are a few of us close to starting our cycles. I had scans and bloods just over 6 weeks ago. We were told sm would be in touch within 8 weeks, nothing heard yet. I don't know whether to phone and chase up or whether I'm just being impatient!? How long after af do injections start? So close now I can't quite believe it!

Hope everyone's ok xx
Me - 30
BH - 32
TTC Since Mar 06
Successful Surgical Sperm Retrival - July 11 [zx151]
ICSI - feb 12 - BFN

Wednesday, October 19th 2011, 12:14am

hi Debbing 1980,

Every ones treatment is different, depending on your problems. Some women wait weeks and weeks for drugs to take effect that shut down the womens hormones entirely so st marys nurses can take over. I started injections on day 3 of period but only after st marys had 3 of my last period dates, and an up to date smear (within 3 years).
Unfortunately it is a very long process..... I've only just started my injections after a good few months of blood tests and scans. Again... All is dependent on your personal condition.
It is exciting stuff, but also an emotional, physical, mental and psychological roller coaster. I'd give it another couple of weeks before getting in touch with S.M's... as keen as you are, I'm sure they wont have forgotten about you.
I'm sure we will be speaking again on here, and wish you lots of luck and a smooth ride xx
PCOS

MY DIARY

foxxy

Reg: Aug 2nd 2011

Wednesday, October 19th 2011, 1:56pm

Update on my 'BFP'

Hey ladies,

I know I haven't posted for a while, but I have been dipping in and out of the SM forum on a regular basis. I had my first scan a week ago today and was told by the sonographer that nothing was showing on the ultrasound scan. They said it looked like the beginnings of an early pregnancy that didn't progress. I cried buckets and blamed myself for having bad eggs and didn't want to post as I needed to get my head together and didn't want to be the voice of doom and gloom on here. But over the weekend I got a fresh wind of positivity when I discovered a site called: The Misdiagnosed Miscarriage Site. It has tons of stories of women told in early pregnancy that they had empty gestational sacs and were about to miscarry, when in fact they had a tilted uterus the embryo couldn't be picked up because it was hidden and lying parallel to the ultrasound probe and couldn't be seen till the end of the first trimester(9-11 weeks), when the uterus naturally righted itself . And most of these women refused to have D&C's or take medication to miscarry, then a week or two later they'd have scans again and would discovered a foetus with a heartbeat! And what these stories all had in common were women with tilted (retroverted/tipped) uterus's- just like me. Plus, some research shows that in early pregnancy IVF pregnancies have a smaller sac than spontanious pregnancies.

Well I was living in hope, but today they confirmed, with a scan, that there is a gestational sac, but it was empty. So the pregnancy is non viable :thumbdown: (I'm supposed to be 9 weeks 1 day) The sonographer reckons that having a tilted uterus shouldn't obscure the ultrasound. Either way, they didn't pressure me into anything, they let me decide what I want to do and I've decided to go with a natural (conservative) miscarriage. So, they're going to re-scan me in 3 weeks to check the miscarriage is complete. If I haven't bled by then, then they'll discuss other options (probably medication).

So all in all, not the outcome we were looking for, but I'm not giving up hope. My IVF journey at St Mary's has ended as I turned 40 just over a week ago and I have no frozen embies left behind. But on the positive side, I can still be referred for clomid or IUI- both of which I've never tried (4 years ttc and these things have never even been offered to me!)

So once I'm on the other side of this cycle, I'm back on the pony.

Sending all my positivity and babydust your way ladies:

Keeping the Faith- thanks for being there

Claire T & Chloe- Hope you're both doing well

LinznDan- You're on your way :happy:

TrolleyDolly- Fantastic news high5 I am sooo happy for you!

Sorry if I forgot anyone else :)
Me: Mild PCOS
DP: Good sperm count
Treatment: ICSI with frozen eggs
:BFP: 17/09/11

We're determined to conceive our little keeper baby3

Wednesday, October 19th 2011, 4:21pm

blowkiss Ahh foxxy luv, i cant beleive i have just loged on to your sad news, i was only thinking the other day at how you was due your scan around now im so sorry hun im just lost for words.

So you can do clomid and iui at st marys thats good news at least, im never done iui and didnt know you could after your ivf go's have finished.

I feel so selfish now for not asking or remembering your scan date realy sorry.

Where all here for you hun anyway anytime.

ivf oct 2010 Bfn
IVFapril 2011 BFN

FET SEP 11 BFN

FET JAN 12 BFN

Never looked backxx

Wednesday, October 19th 2011, 8:28pm

Oh foxxy, you poor thing. So sorry you have really been through it. I have had 3 iui's , its easier than ivf hun. Thoughts are with you x x x
Me 33 pcos/endo
DH 37
08 - clomid
09/10 - 3 x iui
2011- 1st ivf bfn
2011-fet x 3 bfn

..emma..

Reg: Jan 3rd 2011

Wednesday, October 19th 2011, 10:07pm

hello everyone

[zx120]

Hi, first of all, i'm sorry for my english..

i don't know anybody here in m'cr, who i can talk about my problems to, so i hope you can help me..because you girls know everything :thumbup:

on my last app at st mary's with our doctor,she decided to put us on ivf. she told us to wait for some papers, fill it in and send back. and that on my next @ i will start some test..but i'm not sure about that ?( we had an interpreter, and during the app we knew everything, but i was so suprised, that she made this "final decision", that when we left, i forgot everything ;(

i'm sure, you know all procedures..please help me make it clear..i received the paper(pink, and i have to attach photos) and i'm going to send it back tomorrow..but my @ is due in next week, and i'm not surem what to do, wait for some letter back, or call hospital on first day of my @ ??

i'm confused, that's why i'm here :whoops:

wishing you all the best, let's our dreams come true xfingers

Thursday, October 20th 2011, 8:17am

blowkiss Morning everyone, ohhh how cold is it today :winter:

Hi emma, I would call st marys when you get your period for your tests if thats what they told you as you dont want to delay your treatment any more then you have to because they will not start your ivf untill you have had them basic tests to decide what cycle they think will benefit you best.

good luck emma and keep us posted.

Foxxy, im thinking of you, where all here when your ready.

Trolly dolly, how jel am i that your going to care, ha that is great news im so pleased, glad you didnt just let it go it's so anoying that if you hadnt of chased it up that would of been it, just think how many other people that has hapened to it's just wrong! well your still part of the site and always welcome you know that.

Linz, how's the fet going? you finding it alot better then fresh? have you got your predicted transfer date? hopefully it will go to plan and you will get that date as i did.

clair t, what have you been up to?

Dizzy jane and faith, you both on the down reg stage? im due af mon so will be requesting fet but in 2 mind to leave it untill after xmas, as it's my busiest time at work and transfer will probably be xmas week ill have to work the dates out again this weekend.

hope, not long now then, i see your looking forward to finishing work then your on your way hun, this christmas will be so special for you guys .

ivf oct 2010 Bfn
IVFapril 2011 BFN

FET SEP 11 BFN

FET JAN 12 BFN

Never looked backxx

Thursday, October 20th 2011, 1:50pm

Yes faith sm are doing blastos now in some cases. Chloe hi, i drown reg for nearly 4 week n transfer not till 16 Nov if blasto!!! Thought fz cycles supposed to be simple! X
Me 33 pcos/endo
DH 37
08 - clomid
09/10 - 3 x iui
2011- 1st ivf bfn
2011-fet x 3 bfn

Thursday, October 20th 2011, 5:56pm

blowkiss Hi jane,

Yeah my fet was about 6 weeks from start to finish, down reg for 6 weeks i was at the end of my tether but only thing i found good about doing fz is the app is was realy easy to work around work fresh was a nightmare.

This time when i do my fz ill be doing all the drugs etc.. and not knowing if it will be all a waste of time as iv only got 2 em left and chances of them both or even 1 making it will not be good.

ivf oct 2010 Bfn
IVFapril 2011 BFN

FET SEP 11 BFN

FET JAN 12 BFN

Never looked backxx

Thursday, October 20th 2011, 7:11pm

Hi All...

Chloe, No im not down reging. I haven't needed too, Think it all depends on what your infertility is. im on day 6 of injections. Its awful work being in the way of every thing, put you have to do fet at a time convieniant to all. Good job we dont have to make appointments and lans around work to do it the good old fashioned way.

Foxxy, Im always here hun. hope your baring up ok. your in my thoughts.

Dizzyjane, I had been told they were doing blasto's. They are supposed to have a better success.

Trollydolly, Fab news hun, so pleased for you.

Linz and Claire, how you both doing?

To every one else hope your all ok.

I'm back at SM on Saturday morning. Day 8 bloods and scan ready for EC next week. Its all new to me..
Is any one else having EC next week? Anyone at SM on Saturday morning?
PCOS

MY DIARY

Friday, October 21st 2011, 9:21am

hi chloe dont start my injections until 2nd nov not long to go down reg for 6weeks thats a long time but sounds much easier wonder what date they will give me for transfer how are u hun xxx
hi faith am good hope you are well xxx

FET oct 2011 xfingers

2 users apart from you are browsing this thread:

2 guests

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE