hollybolly

Superstar

• "hollybolly" started this thread

Reg: Jan 30th 2008

Children: Soon !!

Wednesday, October 12th 2011, 12:19pm

A chicken scared of the egg..

Hi everyone,

I have never ever posted in this section before...

I have been around on fz for some time though..well almost four years now :O

Long story short dh has azoo so need icsi.. didn't meet funding criteria but as i was petrified of having ivf i have been stalling the loosing weight bit and pretending I wasn't fussed about having a baby.

So after a stern talking to from my mother and lots and lots of counselling I have come to realise i want a little family more than anything in the world.
So I have lost 20lbs with another 9lbs to go.
in this time frame our pct have actually changed the rules from being over 36 ( i am 35) to being under 35.... X(
So my stupidity has caused me to no longer be funded here so I am going to move to my parents where i will be funded just as soon as i am the right weight...

So anyway the point of that long drawn out explanation was to ask a question to you all...

Is it normal to be really really really scared of just about everything to do with Ivf?

And what do you say to your doctor with regards to asking to have the ivf? and how long does it take from them refering me to say starting the drugs?

Thanks Holly, otherwise known as the chicken! :snigger:

AZOOSPERMIA confirmed 01/2008
TESE sucessfull 08/09
Reconstruction failed 11/09 .
Icsi June 13 - Bfn
Feb2014 = Natural cycle icsi bfn

gemmab

FORUM MENTOR

Reg: Feb 8th 2008

Children: 2 miracle icsi boys and 2 step kids.

What's Up?
Getting ready for another egg donation!!!

Wednesday, October 12th 2011, 12:38pm

Oh hun it is more than normal to be extremely scared.

But I can honestly tell you the thought of everything and the thought of never being a mummy is way way worse than actually doing the IVF.

I am such a baby when it comes to things like that and have the lowest pain threshold in the world and I have done 4 fresh and 2 frozen so it really can't be that bad.

You won't have any dignity left at the end but childbirth takes that away anyway lol

And just focus on the end goal and when baby is in your arms believe me everything else melts away!!!!!!!!!

ICSI 1 Apr 08-m/c 9.5.8
FETJul 08-BFN
ICSI 2 Dec 08 (ES) -I'm a mummy Kaynan arrived 19.8.09! :heart:
ICSI 3 Dec 10 (ES) -BFN
FET Mar 11- BFP- M/C ;(
ICSI 4 (ES) -:BFP: 1.7.11 Cobi arrived 09.03.12 [zx160]
Egg donation Aug 2012 BFN for recipient- gutted
Egg donation Dec 2012 Recipient :BFP:
Egg donation 27.05.2013- not great - please pray for the recipient :dust:

Reg: Jun 13th 2011

Wednesday, October 12th 2011, 4:54pm

o hunni i really dont think u would be normal if u wasnt a little scared ! [zx127] compleately agree with gemb !

i just done my first and its realy alot better (phsically)then i thorght ,u feel u are doing something to help u get what u want :) worse mentally then i was preped for ,my own fault as just assumed it would work :O

i had been back and forth from hospital haveing clomid ect as been refered from docs for ttc had some tests done ,have u had allthat ?then after the clomid not working for 6months and 2nd sperm al=nalasis she actually said to us only thing left is ivf so here we are .. i hassled them about refferal and luckily got to have a cancellation so within 2months of refferal i was started ,but each clinic has a diff waiting list so please dont get hopes up it will be that quick but defo keep ringing for cancellation :snigger: but i gotta wait 6months for next round :(

i hope that helped hun i no everyone is differant but thats how it worked for me i really wish u all the luck any questions were all here xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
ttc 5 years
x6clomid:BFN:
aug ivf :BFN:
jan ivf :BFP:

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Wednesday, October 12th 2011, 6:12pm

Hi Holly, it is perfectly normal to be scared of IVF! :hugs: when you see the doctor, tell him about wanting IVF and your problems and he will tell you about all the rules and the waiting times. Good luck babydust
We are all here for you blowkiss

Reg: Nov 26th 2009

Children: none as yet! HOPING 2012 WILL BE OUR YEAR

Wednesday, October 12th 2011, 6:45pm

Hun it is perfectly normal to be apprehensive of it all. First time round it is a mind field, but when I did my first injection and to be honest nearly every stage I found myself saying ' oh is that it'. It sounds alot more daughting than it is Hun you have nothing to fear my lovely and the end result of a beautiful bambino will be soooooo worth it xxxxx good luck xxx

MY DIARY

TTC SINCE JULY 2008
ME 34 ( couple of immune issues Inc low progestrone)
DP 40 LOW [zx151] COUNT
2 x ICSI 2010/2011 = BFN's :bawl:
Icsi no.3 with immune meds nov 2011 = BFN! :bawl:
Round no.4 FET March 2012

Reg: May 30th 2010

Wednesday, October 12th 2011, 7:40pm

My friends were so scared of IVF that they decided to adopt and are a happy family of 4 now :-) They live in another country though. Clinincs are very different so try to research and choose a good one so that will hopefully lower your fear if you can trust them. We all have our personal fears regarding treatment I managed to deal with mine after reading some facts about the thing that was bothering me. They certainly have to get you going on the IVF route if you have azoo unless you want to consider donor sperm in which case it can also be IUI.

Good luck with all this hope you can get to see a nice GP to start with xxx
Rianon

PS: and good luck with the weight loss as well life is never easy is it? :-)

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "rianon" (Oct 12th 2011, 7:43pm)

hollybolly

Superstar

• "hollybolly" started this thread

Reg: Jan 30th 2008

Children: Soon !!

Tuesday, October 18th 2011, 10:42pm

Aww thank you ALL SOOO much! lurve

Makes me feel so much better to know I am not alone in being afraid xxx

Wishing you all bucket loads of luck :hugs: xxx

AZOOSPERMIA confirmed 01/2008
TESE sucessfull 08/09
Reconstruction failed 11/09 .