You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Shivs10

• "Shivs10" started this thread

Reg: Aug 2nd 2011

Children: none

Thursday, October 6th 2011, 1:17pm

Miscarriage after icsi

Hi, I'm 37 have just been through my 1st icsi cycle but ended in miscarriage. I was only told on Friday that I was pregnant and my HCG was 240, I was so happy but on Monday I started getting a brown discharged when I wiped after the loo. I phoned my clinic and I went in on Tuesday morning to get my hcg checked and it was 1995 but that day I started to get what was more like a period and just mild cramping but at 10pm that night I passed the sac. I was devasted couldn't believe that I was only just told I was pregnant then miscarrying so quickly. Went back in on Wednesday for a vag ultrasound and bloods, the consultant said my womb was empty and my hcg was now 1600. I was so hoping that as they had transferred 2 embyos that I could still have been pregnant. Has anyone else had a similar experience and success on next attempt? I have been told it will be Jan 2012 before I can get my 2nd attempt and it just seems ages away. :sadface:

Dusky7

FORUM MENTOR

United Kingdom

Reg: Aug 12th 2008

Children: Two beautiful little girls, so so lucky!! :)

What's Up?
:hello:

Thursday, October 6th 2011, 1:42pm

Shivs10, I am so so sorry to read this. I can't imagine how you are feeling. I'm afraid I can't be of much help but I am sure somebody will be along soon with some good advice. I do know of other ladies on here that have had miscarriages and then gone on to have successful pregnancies. Take time for yourself and your partner and look after each other and please try not to lose hope, far easier said than done I know, especially with your devastation being so raw at the moment. I may be cycling with you in January :) I am so sorry xxxx

1st ICSI - Oct 08 - :BFP:!!! DD born July 2009 : D
1st FET - May 11 - BFN :-(
2nd FET - Sept 11 - BFN :bawl:
3rd FET - Jan 12 - :BFP: DD2 born October 2012

DUSKY'S FET DIARY

gemmab

FORUM MENTOR

Reg: Feb 8th 2008

Children: 2 miracle icsi boys and 2 step kids.

What's Up?
Getting ready for another egg donation!!!

Thursday, October 6th 2011, 2:15pm

Hi

On my first ICSI in 2008 I was pregnant and my story is very similar to yours. I then had an FET with a BFN. On my second ICSI I had 2 embryos transferred and now
have a gorgeous 2 year old son.

On my third ICSI I had a BFN and then had a FET which resulted in miscarriage and then on my fourth ICSI I had two embies transferred and am now 17 weeks with
my new son to be!!!!!

It really is sometimes down to luck and there is no reason but ICSI does work!!!

Good luck babydust

ICSI 1 Apr 08-m/c 9.5.8
FETJul 08-BFN
ICSI 2 Dec 08 (ES) -I'm a mummy Kaynan arrived 19.8.09! :heart:
ICSI 3 Dec 10 (ES) -BFN
FET Mar 11- BFP- M/C ;(
ICSI 4 (ES) -:BFP: 1.7.11 Cobi arrived 09.03.12 [zx160]
Egg donation Aug 2012 BFN for recipient- gutted
Egg donation Dec 2012 Recipient :BFP:
Egg donation 27.05.2013- not great - please pray for the recipient :dust:

Reg: Aug 26th 2009

Children: no children

Thursday, October 6th 2011, 2:55pm

Hi,

I am so sorry you are one of those ladies going through this traumatic time. Take the time to be kind to yourself and grieve in the way you know how to and try your best when you are ready to re-focus and try again. I know how you are feeling. I have had 3 ivf's. 1st -bfn, 2nd -bfp and 3rd -bfn. I thought everything was ok when I got my bfp 2nd time round until I went for the usual early scan at 9weeks to be told there was an implanted sac but no embryo. I had 2 further wks of the unknown until I then finally started to loose the pregnancy. Since then I have conceived naturally and again after being told everything looked ok with a beating heart that same day I started bleeding and miscarried again, so in a nutshell I do know how you are feeling right now, however I am trying (as hard as it is) to focus on what this has achieved, which for us both is that we have achieved a pregnancy. Even though it was such a short time for you, you now know it is possible and you have set your body in good stead for next time round. What I would say is just make sure your mind and body are ready to try again as you need to be in a right place to go through this, you need to be strong mentally and physically. So focus your energies now on re gathering yourself and come up fighting.

I wish you all the luck in the world and wish you get everything you wish for yourself.

Jilly.xx
ME-31 DH-34
TTC 5 YRS
1st ICSI Feb 2010 - BFN :bawl: 2nd ICSI July 2010 - BFP m/mc :bawl: 3rd ICSI Jan11 - BFN :bawl: Our IVF Journey is now over! June 11 Natural BFP m/c :bawl:

MY DIARY

Shivs10

Thursday, October 6th 2011, 3:59pm

Hi

Thanks so much for your advice. That is the only positive thought I have had that ICSI did work and I did get pregnant so does give me hope for future. The only downside is my age and partners sperm is poor. I have asked him he we can try to do anything possible to try and get pregnant naturally but it will be him who will need to change his lifesyle big time since I was already being healthy. He likes a drink at the weekends and he thinks thats due to his sperm being poor then there is not a lot he can do about it. I disagree but hopefully since he is also upset over the miscarriage he might just try and be healthier over the next few months. I has a friend who miscarried but she got pregnant again within 2-3 months and thats where I am frustrated as I feel I don't have that luxury of getting pregnant naturally.

Reg: Nov 26th 2009

Children: none as yet! HOPING 2012 WILL BE OUR YEAR

Thursday, October 6th 2011, 4:28pm

Oh so sorry this has happened lovely, thinking of you at this time xxxxxx [zx127]

MY DIARY

TTC SINCE JULY 2008
ME 34 ( couple of immune issues Inc low progestrone)
DP 40 LOW [zx151] COUNT
2 x ICSI 2010/2011 = BFN's :bawl:
Icsi no.3 with immune meds nov 2011 = BFN! :bawl:
Round no.4 FET March 2012

Kelpie

Reg: Apr 2nd 2011

Friday, October 7th 2011, 9:27am

Shivs,

So so sorry to hear this has happened. I know exactly how you feel. The pain will get easier, I promise.

The same thing happened to me. With our first ICSI I became pregnant but miscarried at 8 weeks. We went for the seven week scan expecting to see a heartbeat or maybe two as they'd replaced two embryos, but, nothing. An empty sac. It was devastating. After that I was desperate to start again but as you can see from my signature things didn't go according to plan.

But, today, everything's changed. We had one frozen embryo replaced, one heartbeat at 7 weeks and now have found out we're expecting twins! So, it can happen. And you're right, I held onto the fact that at least I'd got pregnant in the first place even if it didn't last. I'm not going to lie and say that it's easy after a miscarriage - it's not, it's heartbreaking but the pain does get less.

Take your time and make sure you grieve for the potential you lost. And one day it'll happen for you, there's absolutely no reason it won't.

xxxxx
TTC 4.5 years

ICSI 10/10 BFP m/c 8 weeks
ICSI 04/11 cancelled due to ovarian cysts
ICSI 07/11 No fertilisation due to immature eggs
FET 07/11 1 embryo replaced 7 week scan - [zx076] 12 week scan - [zx076] [zx076] !!!!!

Shivs10

Friday, October 7th 2011, 10:35am

Hi Kelpie,

Awe congratulations, so happy for you & your news does give me hope.
Good luck & have a great pregnancy. Can i ask did you do anything to prepare for icsi?

Siobhan x

Kelpie

Reg: Apr 2nd 2011

Friday, October 7th 2011, 1:40pm

Siobhan,

I didn't really do anything major - just ate healthily, took pregnacare pre-conception vitamins (as did DH), gave up smoking and drinking.

I think trying to be as stress free as possible is the main thing to try and do. Easier said than done though.

xxx
TTC 4.5 years

ICSI 10/10 BFP m/c 8 weeks
ICSI 04/11 cancelled due to ovarian cysts
ICSI 07/11 No fertilisation due to immature eggs
FET 07/11 1 embryo replaced 7 week scan - [zx076] 12 week scan - [zx076] [zx076] !!!!!

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE