You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Reg: Mar 27th 2011

Thursday, August 11th 2011, 7:42am

Hi Ladies,

I am just on to say goodbye for a little while. I am taking a break from all forums, until my treatment begins. I am becoming to obsessed by them and I dont think its good for my mental wellbeing at the moment - there is not a day goes by that im not on at least 3 times! Its starting to feel unhealthy - even my DH has commented on it!

So I have made the 'difficult' desision to come off and 'un-notify' myself! I will def come back when my treatment begins - i will def be needing your advice and support throughout that time!

I wish you all LUCK and in your TTC concieve journey - hopefully when I come back Oct/Nov I will be catchhing up in all your exciting news!

GOOD LUCK AND KEEP SMILING!!

Smith2010 xx

Reg: Dec 25th 2009

Children: One Angel son 15.5.11 and a Rainbow baby son 13.10.12

Thursday, August 11th 2011, 4:49pm

Take care Smith2010 hun, I understand, we all need a beak now and again. I hope these next few months just fly by for you & your DH! X
Hopeful2010
1 fresh + 1 FET PGD
1 angel in heaven, 1 here

Reg: May 30th 2010

Thursday, August 11th 2011, 7:43pm

Enjoy your break Smith :-)

Reg: Apr 14th 2009

Children: Blessed with a wee girl on 12.03.10 and a boy on 30.01.12.....perfection

Sunday, August 14th 2011, 10:41pm

Hi everyone, sorry I havent posted sooner but needed time to myself! We only have 1 baby on board now so fingers crossed he/she is here for the whole journey. I am 15 weeks now so hoping and praying! xxxxxxx
Natalie

1ST ICSI/PGD - JUNE 2009 = :BFP:

2nd ICSI/PGD - MAY 2011 = :BFP:

South Africa

Reg: Jun 11th 2009

Children: 2 amzing kids

Monday, August 15th 2011, 2:04pm

hi nats i will be praying for you at this time

Monday, August 15th 2011, 8:37pm

Oh Nat I am so sorry. No suprise you needed time. Please little survivor grow big and healthy and be the joy of your parents! xfingers xfingers xfingers xfingers

Monday, August 15th 2011, 9:10pm

Fingers crossed for you and your little one xfingers
X
Hopeful2010
1 fresh + 1 FET PGD

South Africa

Reg: Jun 11th 2009

Children: 2 amzing kids

Wednesday, August 17th 2011, 9:10am

hi nat :pray: for you and your lo

Thursday, August 18th 2011, 6:59pm

Good news!!!!!!!!

My little daughter's blood test was negative so all this horrible PGD was worth doing. We will now definitely be back again :-)

Reg: Oct 26th 2009

Children: None yet, hopefully soon

Saturday, August 20th 2011, 11:58am

Hi all
Sorry not posted for ages, have not been having a good time. Our last try failed miserably, didn't have any embryos 2 put back. Very upset, but after 6 mc, and 2 failed cycles its time 2 accept its over for us. V sad but trying 2 get on with life as best we can.

Congrats Rianon and Nat on ur good news. Best of luck 2 everyone in future. I'm sure I will lurk around and c how ur all doing.

Love Mon xxxx
Mon77

:xxx3:

5x m/c all before 10 weeks :angel2:
IVF with PGD Feb '11 24/2/11 :BFP: 3/3/11 early miscarriage :angel2:
Waiting NHS tx 2

Tuesday, August 23rd 2011, 3:59pm

Oh noooooooo! Mon, I am so sorry to read your news. Please don't lose hope just yet, there might still be ways to fullfill your dreams of having children in your family. And if not you can still make sure to become the best in your chosen profession (maybe you are already i don't know), help those around you or be the very best auntie ever etc. It might sound it is easy for me to say but I also do beleive those of us who have found our true and beloved partner are still fortunate and lucky compared to those who haven't.
Love: Rianon

United Kingdom

Reg: Oct 1st 2009

Thursday, August 25th 2011, 3:53pm

Yey, have got a date to start. I'm in the diary for after my next period (end of September) so should be ready for egg collection (if all goes well) mid-November! Got books to read and a fridge full of healthy food to try to be as prepared as possible. Excited and scared in equal measure! Hope all are well xx
My blog - PGD
OTD 27/11/11 :BFP:
[zx076] seen 19/12/11 7w+2 9w+3 12w+2

Tats

Ace

Reg: May 23rd 2009

Children: Glasgow

Thursday, September 15th 2011, 11:14pm

Hello hello hello to all the lovely PGD ladies!

Long time since I've visited, so just stopped by to read a few updates and there are too many to mention! Lots of hugs of congratulations and of condolences too to be given. :cuddle
I hope and pray for you all going through PGD. I think of you all on here often, and pray for successful outcomes. For me PGD's been a life-changing experience, so here's lots of babydust and positivity to those on or about to embark on their own PGD journeys. xfingers
D PGD D has just turned 3 and started at nursery. She goes in hiding behind her hands with the reasoning if she can't see anyone, they can't see her!! 88) Little does she know of her history, but she's still being followed up by the geneticist who loves her coming to visit as she's his little success story (his 1st PGD referral to be born).
So when you're looking at the odds all stacked against it happening, think of the successes PGD has managed to achieve here in the UK and abroad, and remain positive. Your dreams are achievable believe me!

Big hugs!
Tats xxx
Tats
our little pink miracle born 3 yrs ago

Saturday, September 17th 2011, 10:49am

Hello Tats, how lovely to hear from you! Its really nice of you to stop by, I had been wondering how you and your family were doing. I can't believe your DD is three already, I'm sure when I was first reading about you she was celebrating her first birthday and was due to go for a PGD follow-up?? Wow, time does fly!

Your well-wishes are greatly received, I'm always in need of new PMA so thank you for keeping up our hopes and showing again that it definitely is possible.

How is everyone else ?( It's very quiet here these days... Are you still waiting to start whiteangel? And rianon how is your little precious? It's brilliant news that all of her results came back clear - you did it!!!

Pearl and Nat I hope everything is going smoothly for you both and Mon I think of you often [zx127]

Take care everyone.
x
Hopeful2010
1 fresh + 1 FET PGD

United Kingdom

Saturday, September 17th 2011, 1:36pm

Hi,
Yes, just waiting for my period to start, some time in the next couple of days, then blood test and on the pill for three weeks whilst the medication arrives and then we get started for real! Great to hear success stories right now. Feeling a bit overwhelmed not it is all so close! Hugs to all x
My blog - PGD

Reg: Jul 8th 2009

Children: 3 little angels and one little miracle Isabella born 11th October 2010

Tuesday, September 20th 2011, 5:13pm

Well hello everyone.....a stranger returns...I haven't posted in ages so thought it was time I popped on to say hello and catch-up with you all again. I can't believe my little miracle is 1 next month, time has simply flown by. She is my absolute world I watch her sleeping in her cot and can't believe how lucky we are to have her. I tell her every day how special she is... an absolute miracle and all thanks to PGD.

Hopeful2010 - I am absolutely devastated to hear what happened to you life is so unfair on times. I lost 3 of my previous pregnancies the first at 20weeks and don't know how I found the strength to carry on but I did and as you know our time came and thanks to pgd we had our gorgeous little girl. Sending lots of hugs to you xx

Rianon - amazing that your little girls blood results were negative. I received the bottle for the blood the day I came home from hospital so we've yet to test our little girl I hope and pray when we do that she hasn't inherited the unbalanced chromosomes from me.

Whiteangel - exciting news that your on the road to starting treatment it seems no time at all since I was in your position. Keep positive pgd does work my little girl is living proof of that xx

Tats - 3 already wow unbelievable. Your stories about your little one helped me so much whilst going through treatment just knowing the results pgd could bring.

Hello to everyone else I look forward to chatting to you all and helping where I can in your stages of the journey. This site was a HUGE support to me whilst going through treatment.

xxxx

Started PGD January 2010

Test Date - Sunday 7th March 2010 :BFP:

A gorgeous, healthy baby girl, Isabella born 11th October 2010 - a true miracle

Tuesday, September 20th 2011, 6:57pm

Sparkles! [zx127] Wow, this is a week for old friends! So good to have you back too! And thank you so much :hugs: It's so sad that these things have to happen, I didn't know you had such a late loss too, I'm sorry. So chuffed that your little girl fills you with joy and is thriving, I love hearing these stories, gives me something good to focus on for the future! How have you been? Busy busy busy?!

Whiteangel - Counting down the days!
Hopeful2010
1 fresh + 1 FET PGD

United Kingdom

Tuesday, September 20th 2011, 7:26pm

AF arrived today so I'm going for my blood test on Thursday morning and then start the pill for three weeks. I've phoned Guy's and left an answerphone message. Just got to wait to hear back from them now. Very exciting!
My blog - PGD

Tuesday, September 20th 2011, 7:44pm

:woohoo:
Hopeful2010
1 fresh + 1 FET PGD

Reg: Jul 8th 2009

Children: 3 little angels and one little miracle Isabella born 11th October 2010

Wednesday, September 21st 2011, 3:02pm

Great news Whiteangel :dancing: I remember waiting for my AF to arrive so I could make the all important call to Guys to get started and it turned up on Xmas day arghhhh, of course Guys was shut and wasn't open until the new year it seemed a lifetime of waiting and then the day my meds were due to be delivered it had snowed, looking back I can laugh at all this but at the time it was soooo stressful!! I hope the next 3 weeks fly by for you x

Hi Hopeful life sucks at times and I can make no sense of why these things happen to such good people. People used to tell me to stay positive but how could I and I guess your the same but miracles can happen we have one and I hope that gives you just a little bit of hope xx

Started PGD January 2010

Test Date - Sunday 7th March 2010 :BFP:

A gorgeous, healthy baby girl, Isabella born 11th October 2010 - a true miracle

Wednesday, September 21st 2011, 10:40pm

Hello everyone it is great to see new life and hope in this PGD thread I really missed it.

It is so nice to read you again Hopeful your are the kindest and most optimistic person ever. Are you starting again soon with FET?

Wow great news Whiteangel there is no turning back now :-) I am glad I watched the documentary I can now always imaginine your and your husband's face when reading your post :-)

Sparkles: many-many congratulations! Life (although unfair) is a miracle isn't it? I wish your daughter all the happiness in her life and thanks to you she will never have to consider the same route what you did.

Hello Tats it is lovely to hear of a very happy mummy like you.

After the blood test it is now certain that we are starting again. I was very pessimistic to start with as lots of things came in to light which we did not know before (like we thought 2 blastocysts were transferred however it turned out last appointment it was 1 morula and 1 pre-morula). So I know how very-very lucky we have been and didn't think it can happen again. Since these black thoughts however I really started looking forward it. It will be all different now as we have little Danube. I will be staying in London as the clinic wants to test me every day because the dose they give me will be higher. Thanks to being on maternity leave I don't need to deal with work. Danube comes with me as she has never really been with anyone else apart from me all her life. It would be really stupid to travel 5 hours every day with a little girl. Instead we will be renting a nice place (well hopefully) in a shared house (to keep costs down - hope it will work out with a little one) and will discover all the local children activities and parks! I possibly won't have internet as it would be a bit difficult to bring my desktop so I will go to bed on time each and every day (not like today). Puil will take paid holiday for the last couple days of stimulation and EC and ET and unpaid holiday during the 2 week wait (if we get there...) so that he can do all the carrying and I will introduce him to all my friends at our local baby groups. It will be awesome!!! :-)

One thing still reamins a question. If we get to this dilemma (which I hope and pray we do) whether to have 1 or 2 embryos transferred?

Oh yes and thanks to us already knowing the protocol and taking the initiative to book in my Ovarian Reserve Test we are now looking at an October cycle!!! Couldn'nt beleive when I heard it I am already on the pill so it seems we are very close in times Whiteangel :-)

xxx Rianon

United Kingdom

Saturday, September 24th 2011, 10:53am

Wow, that is so quick Rianon! Had my blood test on Thursday morning, still waiting to hear back from the hospital. Don't like answerphones, I always panic that my message has been recorded over or something! Last time they rang just as I was about to give up and ring them again. You are lucky you are able to be off work and close to the hospital, we are still hoping that the Centre for Life in Newcastle will be able to do scans and blood tests for us which would save us a huge amount of time and money and keep work a bit happier than if we have to make weekly trips to London. Already feeling guilty and I've only managed to miss half a lesson so far! Will let you know when I hear back from the hospital and know dates, medication etc. Glad we are doing this together. How old is your little one now? You must be managing very well to feel ready for treatment again, I hope she can give you comfort through all of this xx
My blog - PGD

Sunday, September 25th 2011, 2:33pm

Hi Whiteangel,

Yes it was so quick we couldn't beleive at first and nearly turned the offer down. But then thought better :-)

Our original follow-up appointment was scheduled for end of Spet and we just couldn't get into a cancellation spot. But then when my period arrived after a lot of hesitation I just called clinic to give me an ORT (ovarian reserve test) date (as it has to be done on day 2-5 of period) and that's when things really started thanks to the lovely head nurse who gave us these great dates. And miracously she could also book in an earlier doctors's appointment, where the doctor just confirmed the given dates. It also helped a lot knowing the procedure as we dug up the old notes and booked in everything else for the same day with the doctors appointment I even managed to book 1 additional blood test in on the day saying that it only takes 5 minutes and I am not living in London.

Nurses and receptionists rule :-)

Our little one will be 8 month old during treatment and for her sake we decided that I will move to London with her rather than travelling every day. (still on maternity leave so no problem with work) I have already found lots of children's activities near our rented appartment. I will save her favourite toy for appointment times so she won't feel bad about those and hopefully sit still in her puschair The receptionists absolutely love her so she will greatly enjoy the attention.

Whiteangel how will you deal with blood tests every other day during the stimulation phase? I know we are at different clinics but at our clinic they do tests every second day from day 6 to 12 during stimulation. And in a lot of cases it is daily. (it is daily in my case as they increased my dose from last time so don't want to overstimulate) I only just realised that I have to go to London so often at our last appointment before previous cycle. Did they make it clear to you how often do you have to go?

Hello to everyone else, sorry just got excited that I have a PGD cycle buddy that is so rare and only possible thanks to different clinics. (At least my clinic only does 1 PGD at a time not wanting to mix up genetic information)

xxx Rianon

United Kingdom

Sunday, September 25th 2011, 4:57pm

We've been told that we should only have to go down for the final scan and the EC and ET so may be able to stay in London for that week if work are ok about it. We are hoping to be able to have the blood tests and scans at the Centre for Life in Newcastle which is less than half an hour away rather than a whole day's journey! I hope that works out or this is going to be very expensive and work will be very unhappy! The timeline we were given by the doctor only shows one blood test (day 5 of stimulation) and two scans (day 1 and 10). No one has mentioned daily blood tests so I hope that is not the case! Still waiting for the call from Guy's so will hopefully know more then. EC was estimated to be around the 11th to 14th of November when I spoke to the nurse a few weeks ago and I think we should still be about on track, think my period was 2 days late so shouldn't have a massive impact. Great to have you as a cycle buddy Rianon x
My blog - PGD

Sunday, September 25th 2011, 8:49pm

Hi ladies!

Whiteangel and rianon, how lovely that you can share the journey together! It's really nice having cycle buddies, and to have a PGD cycle buddy must be even better! thumbsup

Thank you rianon [zx127] I hope we will be starting again soon, but not soon enough if you ask me! My heart is just aching for another baby :pray: We're hoping to try a FET in the new year, as we have a holiday coming up just before Christmas and then the lab shuts for a few weeks over the holidays too. So fingers crossed around the January/February time. We'll book a follow-up before the end of the year to discuss everything as I have a few questions for the doctor about whether to do a medicated or a natural FET instead ?(

Rianon considering your question about one or two I would just keep an open mind. We had four blastocysts on day 5 and the chance of a multiple pregnancy was high so we went for just one. The qualities of the frozen ones range from excellent to ok so we'll probably go for just one again, but if the qualities were poorer we'd definitely at least think about putting back two. If you end up with earlier embryos again then maybe two would be a good choice again, but if you have more advanced blastocysts then maybe you'd only need to put back one to get your bfp and the other one could be frozen (especially as one of your "early" embryos is now a happy baby girl!). See how they develop and I will keep xfingers xfingers that you make some lovely embryos this time too :)
Hopeful2010
1 fresh + 1 FET PGD

Thursday, September 29th 2011, 3:21pm

Hi Whiteangel how are you feeling? I was wondering that some of your pupils might now about your PGD - if they watched the documentary. Hope they are supportive.

Praying for a little snowbaby to become a real baby for you Hopeful. February sounds a good time to start especially after your prev. cycle was in December so maybe you wouldn't like the same time of year. Thanks for the advice about embryo number I am praying that we get to a situation to have to consider this.

Hello everyone else, how are you doing? Mon I am often thinking of you hope that you haven't given up! If not PGD maybe something else can be an answer to your dreams. How are you Babydust, I am hopeful that your silence is a cautious but happy silence and you will anounce the arrival of your baby in due time. Very same for you dear pearl :-) Hi Nat hope the pregnancy is now uneventful and smooth.

I just started the nasal spray for downregulation today and am having the weirdest dreams. I am a lot more cautios than last time but trying to be very optimistic. If we fail we will still have little Danube, nothing can change that. But watching the little darling playing with her cousins really made my heart ache for more.

Hello to everyone else, old, recent and possibly new posters.

xxxxxxx
Rianon

United Kingdom

Thursday, September 29th 2011, 6:50pm

Going slowly mad waiting to hear back from the hospital. My OH tried to ring today but the number I left a message on now seems to be dead or full and another number lead to yet another answerphone. No reply to my email either. Just hoping that we are going to go ahead this month. Having a tough time at work at the moment so going to be weak and have a glass of wine tonight; if I manage to stay awake that long! Rianon, pretty sure none of our students watched the programme, they haven't said anything to myself or my OH, lots of colleagues watched though and are all very interested. Hopefully they will also be supportive once we get started properly.

Hello everyone else x
My blog - PGD

Ros

Megastar

• "Ros" started this thread

Reg: Mar 14th 2008

Children: twin girls thanks to PGD!

Thursday, September 29th 2011, 10:14pm

Hey ladies, sorry I haven't been around to catch up with you all for a while. I can see there is lots to read tomorrow when
I have more time. I just wanted to post that Guy's are having a party to celebrate their 300th PGD baby being born. Anyone
else going? I think it's hugely exciting and a wonderful boost for all you lovely ladies currently undergoing PGD tx. Love to
you all x

After 5 years of endo surgery, clomid, 2 x MM/C, 2 x ICSI cycles and 1 PGD cycle,
beautiful twin girls born 8th Feb 2010, we are so grateful

United Kingdom

Friday, September 30th 2011, 7:34pm

Wow, not that is cause for celebration. Really struggling to get in touch with anyone at Guy's. Our contact number is now dead. DH has left messages on two other answerphones and I've sent an email but nothing! Getting really worried, don't know if my cycle has started or not! Very frustrated. Waited a week and a half now. May explode if I have to wait to hear much longer! Hope you're all well Ros x
My blog - PGD

Friday, September 30th 2011, 11:06pm

What a nice idea and gesture! And how amazing to have helped 300 special PGD babies into the world!

Hmm, that's a really long time with no contact whiteangel, did you try the phone numbers on their website? Very naughty of them to leave you hanging around like this - I think if they don't get back to you soon whoever's responsible should miss the party! :snigger:

Seriously though, I hope you hear something soon. I don't know if they open on weekends - does anyone else ?( If not hopefully they'll call or email you back on Monday. Do you have your drugs as yet or are you literally waiting for everything? Unless they want to control your start date so the biopsy doesn't crash with any other patient, downregulation (buserelin injections or nasal spray) tends to begin on day 21, so you may still have some time to play with. Fingers crossed! :hugs:
Hopeful2010
1 fresh + 1 FET PGD

United Kingdom

Saturday, October 1st 2011, 2:12pm

We have nothing at all! Period was only two days late and we have been in the diary for ages so there shouldn't be any problems, just don't understand why no-one is getting back to us!
My blog - PGD

Saturday, October 1st 2011, 7:05pm

Fingers crossed you will be contacted soon (tomorrow). Maybe Ros or someone else who had treatment in Guy's have some magic contact number? Is there a clinic feedback chat on FZ about Guys?

xxx Rianon

United Kingdom

Sunday, October 2nd 2011, 9:50am

Just had a look at there is a feedback forum but it hasn't been posted in for over a year. Had a lovely relaxing day with friends yesterday and have lots of school work to keep me busy today. We have observations this week so I'm looking forward to getting that out of the way! Will let you know when I hear anything. Hope you are ok xx
My blog - PGD

Ros

Megastar

Sunday, October 2nd 2011, 7:17pm

Hi there, sorry you are having trouble with getting through to Guy's ACU. I haven't called them in a while but do remember it
could take a while. I would suggest you keep on calling (I know annoying for you) but it would be awful to miss starting this
month if everything else is ready. They are open at weekends for EC and scans but I don't think the reception/ admin is on
duty. The phones work 8/8.30 to 4/4.30 (can't remember exactly) but worth starting early. Once you do start I can assure
you that Guy's is totaly brilliant and it's well worth having tx there x

After 5 years of endo surgery, clomid, 2 x MM/C, 2 x ICSI cycles and 1 PGD cycle,

United Kingdom

Sunday, October 2nd 2011, 7:43pm

Thanks for the reassurance. Everyone was lovely when we went for our appointment. The number we were given is now dead. Do you have a reliable contact number?
Thanks
x
My blog - PGD

Wednesday, October 5th 2011, 9:58pm

Hi Whiteangel do you have any news? You have waited long enough so now is your time :-) x Rianon

United Kingdom

Thursday, October 6th 2011, 6:49pm

Woo hoo! Rianon have you been putting in a word for me? Got through to the nurse this morning and we are all systems go! Drugs being delivered to school by courier tomorrow morning, reading to start sniffing on Monday. Did find out today that if we have scans and blood tests locally, rather than travelling to London, then they are not covered by our NHS funding and we will have to pay for them :-( Releived to know what is happening and really excited to be getting started. Going to talk to my boss tomorrow to try to cut back on my work load, at least for now. Hopefully he will agree. Yey!
My blog - PGD

Thursday, October 6th 2011, 7:14pm

Phew! Fantastic news at last whiteangel! :clap bummer about lack of funding for the local scans though... Getting started is so surreal and very exciting, I'm so pleased it's all systems go for you now! :D Hopefully your boss should be understanding, think I'll have a similar talk with mine when we start again too

Keep us posted on how you get on ok?

How's everything going with your cycle rianon? Well, I hope?

Hi to everyone else!

xx
Hopeful2010
1 fresh + 1 FET PGD

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Hopeful2010" (Oct 6th 2011, 7:17pm)

Saturday, October 8th 2011, 7:02pm

Wow that's really good news Dani i started DR on 29th so we are less then 2 weeks apart :-) Sorry about the funding elimination it really is not fair. However if going to London you would pobably end up paying more with travel costs and unpaid leave from work. IVF is very expensive even if funded! We decided to stay in London for the 2 weeks of stimulation, EC and ET and the apartment we are renting is double the price for half the time than our normal rent. But we hope this will give us the very best chance for yet another BFP.

Hi Hopeful thanks for the ongoing support it is so nice to have you around. Have you had your review appointment? We are going forward as planned thanks very much for asking. At the moment i am commuting to the clinic but we will move to London next week and as DH took 2 weeks off it will be a real holiday i am really looking forward it :-) Oh and there will be no computer so I will use all my time to be with my family and have a lot of fun and rest :-) DH is doing all the housework!

Hello Ros did you go to the Guy's event? It really is fantastic that already 300 PGD babies were born at just one clinic! I only hope they are all disease free as there is never 100% guarantee. We are lucky as we could have our daughter tested although it was not easy and I had to give various arguments why we wanted it.

This thread is quite quiet now but if you are out there reading it and doing PGD please come forward as a lot of lovely members will come and greet and support you.

xxx Rianon

United Kingdom

Saturday, October 8th 2011, 7:18pm

Well I've booked train tickets to come down on 9th November for my last scan and that was £150 for the two of us. I dread to think how much it will be when we have to buy them with only a day's notice! Hopefully the prices for blood tests and scans in Newcastle will be as reasonable as possible. How is down regulation going? Excited to be starting on Monday but a bit scared how it will affect me. I'm moody at the best of times, without extra hormonal influence! Will have to work hard to to take it out on my husband or the children at work! It is very quiet here, quietest it has been in two years, I wonder why? Positive thoughts to you all. Going to update my blog in a bit.
My blog - PGD

Sunday, October 9th 2011, 3:14pm

Hi rianon we've had our review appointment and our consultant recommended a medicated FTET as my cycles are quite short. I'm hoping for an ET when they restart transfers in January, so DR would start from my December AF :pray: I'm going to try and speak to someone in the coming week to get some more precise dates, so we'll see xfingers
Rent is very expensive in London! And you have to pay that and still pay bills for your permanent home! At least it's only for a couple of weeks. I'm sure you're looking forward to all of the quality time you'll get with DH and DD and I hope your time will be as relaxing as possible.

Whiteangel those are some very pricey tickets!! I think I remember reading in the PGD blog written by Shona, she contacted some train companies to see if she could get discounted tickets somehow - may be worth looking for that entry to see how she did it? Don't worry too much about the downreg effects, you might be absolutely fine. I remember waiting and waiting for these side-effects and not much happened at all - no headaches, no hot flushes... I was more nauseus while on the pill before I started the nasal spray really. I was a little bit ditzy, but that was more entertaining than anything else, DH just laughed at me most of the time :snigger: We'll be here to listen to any necessary rants too, so feel free to vent away if need be :cross: :yes:

I agree it's very quiet in here, but I'm glad we're here to keep the thread warm for ourselves and in case other lovely ladies old or new would like to join in :)
Hopeful2010
1 fresh + 1 FET PGD

United Kingdom

Sunday, October 9th 2011, 4:14pm

Thank you Hopeful.
Can I ask you both (and anyone else out there) how much time you usually take off work around EC and ET? We can't book holiday being teachers so can only justify what is absolutely necessary. Am I being too ambitious planning to travel up and down the country between each appointment?
My blog - PGD

Sunday, October 9th 2011, 5:10pm

You're not necessarily being too ambitious, loads of people do it I'm sure. I had about 2 1/2 weeks off from EC as 1. I had annual leave to use up by the end of the year anyway and 2. all of the Christmas bank holidays helped extend the time off. To be honest I would have been able to go back to work a couple of days after EC (23 eggs collected left me quite sore and drained) and they say to rest after ET for 2-3 days.

I'd say if you want to reduce your days off take off 2 or so days for EC and the same for ET. If you're lucky one or the other may end up over the weekend, reducing the amount of time you'll be away from work :idea: I'm guessing you'd have a transfer on day 5 (EC is day 0), so when you get your dates have a look and see what days of the week everything falls on xfingers
Hopeful2010
1 fresh + 1 FET PGD

United Kingdom

Sunday, October 9th 2011, 6:15pm

EC will be either Friday or Monday. I'm hoping for the Friday. That would mean scan on Wednesday, collection on Friday then back home at the weekend for work Mon and Tues before ET on Wed then not back to work until the Monday.
If it is EC on Monday, we will have to do scan Wed, work Thurs & Fri, EC Mon, work Wed & Thurs, then ET on Friday and work on Monday.
First option will be cheaper (one less return train journey) and give me more time to recover after each part of treatment. Will just have to wait and see. Wouldn't mind so much if there wasn't a 3.5 hr train journey between us and the hospital!
My blog - PGD

Sunday, October 9th 2011, 6:24pm

It is good idea to go back to work after ET to take your mind off the 2 week wait however luckily your colleagues know you are doing PGD so make sure they don't let you carry heavy things around. It is very important to take it easy as Hopeful said but it seems both options will give you some days to rest. EC can be quite different some ladies feel fine afterwards (I was lucky enough to feel fine) but some prefer to stay in bed with hot water bottles to ease the pain.

Re moodiness I am also moody and it did not worsen with the nasal spray (well that's what I think maybe should ask DH) so hope it will be the same for you.

Hopeful fingers crossed for some nice dates for you and thanks for the well wishes I am really looking forward our (medical) holiday :-) This is also the easiest option to tell friends :-)

xxx Rianon

Reg: Apr 14th 2009

Children: Blessed with a wee girl on 12.03.10 and a boy on 30.01.12.....perfection

Sunday, October 9th 2011, 9:54pm

Hi everyonw, just on quickly and i see that a lot has been happening. I don't have time to read everything so once I get the chance to catch up I will sit down and enjoy reading all your journeys xx Good luck to you all going through the treatment soon.

I am now 23 weeks pregnant so hopefully everything will be ok from now on. We are expecting a little boy this time. A wee brother for our gorgeous Cara xxxx
Natalie

1ST ICSI/PGD - JUNE 2009 = :BFP:

2nd ICSI/PGD - MAY 2011 = :BFP:

MelC

Reg: Oct 12th 2010

Monday, October 10th 2011, 11:10am

Hello lovely ladies, so sorry I've not been around for a long time.... [zx028]

After our quite awful pgd journey I needed some time away, and then had the shock to find out (after being told by a particularly ignorant doctor that I would never get pregnant) that I was in fact pregnant - and our cycle is dated from our last ivf failing - ironic huh?!

A week later my sister lost her little boy after a very traumatic labour and awful complications. Very sadly her midwife did not look after her, and her son paid with his life. Has been a truly awful time. But they will hopefully get some kind of justice for him, and them, very soon. :angel2:

Rianon - how is your little one doing? Have you finalised plans for your next attempt? :hi:
Nat - so sorry to hear of your losses, you poor thing :xxx3:
whiteangel - have just read of your struggle with guys, I really hope they treat you better than they did us. Wishing you every bit of luck for a successful cycle. :goodluck:
hopeful - how are you doing hun? Do you have dates for next year yet? blowkiss

Has anyone heard from Pearl? How is she doing? Hi to everyone else, wishing you all lots of happiness and luck for the future :hugs:

AFM, I'm now 25 weeks, and my little boy is kicking away as I type. We are so very grateful for this much longed for pregnancy - we really never thought we would get this far....

Lots of love to all :xxx3:

Monday, October 10th 2011, 5:20pm

Lovely, lovely lovely news! Thanks for sharing MelC and a great example that we should never beleive **** ignorant doctors. I am a bit confused is your baby from the IVF or from just the next month? Would you want to have him tested at some point or even after birth? Hope you don't mind this question and just ignore it if you don't want to answer :) Only asked as in our case we knew we wanted to have PGD as we wouldn't want to terminate a pregnancy but I also know there are a lot of more severe cases with very short and painful life expectancies. Every situation is very different.

But I am truly sorry about your sister how can such things happen? She carried a little boy for 9 month and never managed to meet him :tears: I suppose the only real justice they can have is to have another baby and always remember this one. How will this affect your choice of hospital? You must be awfully sorry for her and scared for yourselves.

Nat congratulations for a wee brother it is so great to read :-)

Whiteangel and I am hoping to step into your shoes ladies soon we both have just started a PGD cycle so it is really positive to read happy news.

x Rianon

Ros

Megastar

Monday, October 10th 2011, 10:06pm

Hey ladies, sorry it's taken me a while to get back on here. Great news Whiteangel that you did hear from Guy's - I hope
they have given you a working phone number now. Re the travel, if you are on the train lots it will probably be worth
buying a railcard and getting a third off your journey. You'd need to check restrictions though. I was lucky as lived in London
for many years and only moved out after my girls were born. I would say that working in the 2ww may keep you sane, but I
was off for the 5 days between EC and ET.
Natalie, wonderful news all is well with your little boy. I'm sorry you've been through such a tough time with this pregnancy
though. Lovely news Mel C too, I am so sorry to hear about your sister and her son though x
Hi Rianon and Hopeful.
The Guy's 300 PGD baby party is 20th Nov. My girls are full of colds this week. I hope they are well by then.
Love to you all x

Monday, October 10th 2011, 10:24pm

:hello:

Whiteangel I'll be hoping for a Friday EC for you too then - 3.5hours is a very long journey!

Hi Nat, glad to hear everything's going well for you. Wishing you a happy and healthy remainder of your pregnancy, and how lovely to be expecting a boy this time too! Good luck hun. :xxx3:

Lovely to have you and your little miracle back Mel! And glad to hear he wants you to say hi on his behalf too!
I am so sorry for your family's loss, how awful a circumstance :( I do hope that the hospital investigates thoroughly and justice is done, though there will never be any true justice as nothing can bring that little boy back and that's the saddest part. Too many LOs are going to heaven without ever seeing life here and it's not fair. I keep them all in my prayers :angel2:

I've been thinking of Pearl too, I saw a few posts from her on the egg donation threads and all seemed to be going well, but she's not been here for a while. Come back Pearl!

I do have dates now happydance Starting DR mid December, baseline scan early Jan and ET due 3rd week of Jan. So hopefully by the time our son's anniversary comes around I'll be able to feel his little brother or sister playing somersaults in his memory to take away the bigcloud even just a little...

Rianon, Whiteangel and I were just saying how quiet it's gotten, so it's lovely to have you all joining us again grouphug

xxx
Hopeful2010
1 fresh + 1 FET PGD

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Hopeful2010" (Oct 10th 2011, 10:25pm)

18 users apart from you are browsing this thread:

18 guests

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE