You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Demon1x" started this thread
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Jul 16th 2011

Children: 2 - fantastic sons, we are so very lucky!

Tuesday, September 27th 2011, 2:23pm

Natural anti Testosterone / herbal inhibitors ?

Apparently Mint - Peppermint and Spearmint are plants that can inhibit or reduce testosterone levels when consumed in high quantities, Licorice can also have this effect. (having the odd murray mint, humbug or Polo won't have any effect as they all use synthetic menthol)

Are there any herbalists on FZ who may be able to shed light on what levels of consumption may cause this unwanted side effect ? and whether herbal tea with mint is ok.

Reason for my concern is I gave up caffeine - as I used to live on double expressos and now drink green tea or herbal teas, sadly have just discovered 2 of the teas I like happen to contain the offending herbs, shame as they taste nice X(

Will cut them out and just drink other options if they do have an effect.

• United Kingdom

Thursday, September 29th 2011, 6:27pm

Apparently mint tea (Peppermint or Spearmint) consumed regualrily is beneficial to PCOS affected ladies as the anti-testosterone properties help with hormonal imbalance and may reduce the masculine hormone levels that maye have unwanted affects such as becoming more bodily or facially hirsute.

So what may be something for male factor / hormonally inbalanced men to avoid consuming could be a benefit to women with PCOS.

rianon

Reg: May 30th 2010

Friday, September 30th 2011, 4:17pm

Hi Demon1x have you tried red (roibos or redbush) tea? I don't know about it's positive or negative effects but found the taste quite nice since giving up a lot of other drinks. I also like decaf. caffee have you tried that?

Rianon

• United Kingdom

Friday, September 30th 2011, 9:11pm

Decaf coffee tastes like muddy water X( redbush is nice though and caffeine free plus high in antioxidants, dragonfly teas - rubois with bourbon vanilla is lush 88)