You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "hoping4miracle" started this thread

Reg: Mar 7th 2011

Saturday, August 27th 2011, 3:06pm

side affects of menopur?

Hi, have been on Clomid and had a horrible time (and no BFP). Really enjoying being normal this cycle (no drugs) and dreading what the side affects of the next set of drugs are. I'm will be on manopur 75cl injectible. How did anyone else get on?

rb76

United Kingdom

Reg: Dec 28th 2009

Children: One angel and her twin, our gorgeous little miracle

What's Up?
Looking forward to 2014 :)

Saturday, August 27th 2011, 3:27pm

Are you doing long protocol? Generally speaking the first lot of drugs (buserelin) has more side effects than Menopur. I was fine on it but you do feel your ovaries twinging as the follicles grow, but that is reassuring anyway! Good luck!

Me - 36 DH - 48. TTC since 2008
March/April 2013 Immune DE ICSI Gennet, Prague :BFP: [zx076] [zx076] :girl: :girl:
Diagnosed with severe pre eclampsia at 23 weeks :(
Babies born by emergency c-section at 24 weeks on 30th August 2013, One beautiful little angel passed away shortly after birth. Sleep tight sweetheart x :heart:
My Diary

Saturday, August 27th 2011, 3:48pm

Thanks for your reply, rb. Haven't a clue about protocols only that I am on menapur and nothing else. Glad to hear that it isn't too bad.

rb76

United Kingdom

Reg: Dec 28th 2009

Children: One angel and her twin, our gorgeous little miracle

What's Up?
Looking forward to 2014 :)

Saturday, August 27th 2011, 4:52pm

Sorry I didn't notice this is the IUI thread. It would just be Menopur then. It's fine just fiddly to prepare!

Me - 36 DH - 48. TTC since 2008
March/April 2013 Immune DE ICSI Gennet, Prague :BFP: [zx076] [zx076] :girl: :girl:
Diagnosed with severe pre eclampsia at 23 weeks :(
Babies born by emergency c-section at 24 weeks on 30th August 2013, One beautiful little angel passed away shortly after birth. Sleep tight sweetheart x :heart:
My Diary

United Kingdom

Reg: Jul 14th 2009

Children: Two little twinnies on the way!

What's Up?
Can't wait to get my boys home x

Tuesday, August 30th 2011, 12:08pm

I dont think I had any side effects with it hun and didnt find it a problem to prepare- although mine was just in a little glass vial and then u draw up as much as you need. Really had no issues. xx
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 20th 2011, 11:35am

Hi Ladies, thanks for your replies. I am now nearly a week into taking the injections and no real side affects. I have found the glass vials a real hassle and have cut fingers twice with them so far! Otherwise, all seems to be fine. It's just a bit frustrating trying to do in the evenings as I work most evenings and it isn't always easy to get away to do the needful (last night was in a community hall loo!).
Really sorry to see that you had your last IUI cancelled, Rebekah, hope they will be able to sort things for you soon.

Reg: Nov 26th 2009

Children: none as yet! HOPING 2012 WILL BE OUR YEAR

Tuesday, September 20th 2011, 11:53am

Hi Hun I had menopour on my last cycle in
March I had a double dose. I didn't have to many side effects really felt more tired that was about it. Everyone seems to respond different some have every side effect under the sun and some girls nothing. Hope you fall into the later, good luck xxxxxx

MY DIARY

TTC SINCE JULY 2008
ME 34 ( couple of immune issues Inc low progestrone)
DP 40 LOW [zx151] COUNT
2 x ICSI 2010/2011 = BFN's :bawl:
Icsi no.3 with immune meds nov 2011 = BFN! :bawl:
Round no.4 FET March 2012

Reg: Jun 20th 2011

Children: is the question, 'soon' is the answer (fingers crossed)

Tuesday, September 20th 2011, 12:15pm

Lets hope your like me, I was on 75ml of menopur and didnt experiance any side effects..... other then a great response from my egg's
good luck hun xx
PCOS
DH Perfect (his opinion, not mine)
A laparscopy has shown tubal damage.
Ovarian drilling :BFN:
Prescribed Clomid 50mg for 18 months :BFN:
3x IUI 2 with clomid one with Menopur :BFN:
Currently taking Metformin 1500mg
xfingers ET Blasto Feb 2012 At Care Manchester

MY DIARY

Friday, September 23rd 2011, 5:07pm

Just to echo 'keep the faith', no side affects except perhaps a bit tired. I have responded well (despite a really crap AMH level (0.67)), had a follicle at 14 on day 7 and 18 on day 9. I asked again about using the vials and got a better lesson about how to do it, so is hassle free now. Good luck to anyone else starting with menopur.

United Kingdom

Children: 2 little beans on the way!

What's Up?
I'm a Mummy!!!

Saturday, September 24th 2011, 12:09pm

Hi

Just seen your thread. I've had clomid and 2 cycles of IUI and I have to say that the side effects of the clomid were far worse than any of the drugs I had for IUI. Glad to hear you're getting the hand of the injections but I agree that sometimes they can be a bit of a pain if you're doing them in the evening and have to be somewhere. I ended up doing one in the loo at a wedding reception last time!

Me:30
DH:38
TTC since 2008
6xClomid 2010 :BFN:
3xIUI 2011 :BFN:
1st IVF Feb 2012 :BFP: Identical twins :boy: :boy: born 23/10/12

My Diary