You are not logged in.

Unread posts
  • "Joanne2907" started this thread

Reg: Feb 3rd 2011

Children: 0 :(

Monday, September 19th 2011, 9:33am

IVF funding in Surrey, help!

Hi
We have been TTC for almost 2 years, we've had basic tests done when we lived in Portsmouth and since then moved to Surrey where we have seen another fertility doctor on the Nhs who wants the same basic tests done again ( blood tests and sperm sample) and also told us in Surrey you haveto be 39 years old and have been trying for 3 years so we were instantly refused. She has given us a follow up appointment in January - what for? I don't know. Can I appeal the decision? Shall I wait until January when I go and see her again? My husband has erectile dysfunction but sperm results ok. My first blood test came back ok,but they did one random one at random time of month, this time in Surrey I'm having day 2 and day 23 blood tests awaiting the results.

Any help would be greatly received this is all so confusing and not knowing what to do next is driving me mental!

Thanks in advance

Jo

l_ouise

Reg: Feb 18th 2011

Wednesday, September 21st 2011, 8:35pm

Here is the link to the most recent guidelines for Surrey:
http://www.surreyhealth.nhs.uk/AboutUs/W…on%20Policy.pdf

It basically says you have to be between the ages of 23 and 39 and the doctor is correct that you have to have been ttc for three years *unless* they have an identifiable cause (which you do from your previous diagnostics).

I'd phone up the PCT if i was you and ask for clarification because you have the main diagnostics done already.

lief

Ace

Reg: Aug 11th 2011

Children: none but very hopeful

Thursday, September 22nd 2011, 4:00pm

Hiya,
A while back I saw Mr Curtis in Guildford, only up to bloodtests though. I can not remember the name of the clinic but it is next to the big hospital and Sainsbury's. I know he has done IVF for a friend of mind and was succefull.

Bad details, but hope it helps....
Good luck!
me 35 dh 42
6 natural bfp all mcs
1 bfp thru ICSI June 2011 but mc
Sept 2011 FET with immuno meds BFN
Nov-Dec 2011 ICSI with Immuun tx BFP
Seen [zx076] [zx076] at 6.5, 8.5, 10.5 and 12.5 weeks

http://www.fertilityzone.co.uk/index.php…1046&highlight=
:angel2:

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE