You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Reg: Mar 1st 2010

Friday, March 19th 2010, 1:26pm

Hi Ash

I'm in exactly the same boat as you :smile: I'm new to these formums, or any kind of forum for that matter. I've posted a couple of things and had lovely messages in return. But I'm probably not using the forum to its full advantage.

Me and my partner of 12 years have been ttc for about 4 years now. Been messed around since I was a teenager (I'm 34 now) with regards to my periods etc. Noone really wanted to figure out what the problem was. Very sad and long story.

Anyway, we were told on Dec that my tubes are blocked and I have PCOS...oh and a wonky womb so we've not be practising the best position if you know what I mean :snigger: So, we have our first apt at the CFL on Monday. No idea what to expect. No idea if we're on the waiting list yet, or will be after Mondays apt. The unknown drives me mental on a regualr basis. Not to mention the Chlomid which nearly pushed me over the edge - how did you find it?

Hope to speak soon

Leanne x

Riley

Reg: Aug 26th 2009

Saturday, March 20th 2010, 6:17pm

smile2 Hi ashyp83 and leanne1520

Me and DP are currently receiving treatment at the CFL. There is currently no waiting list so you could start treatrment pretty soon. clap
The staff are great!!!

babydust
Riley :xxx3:

Mar 2010-ICSI :BFP:
Apr-7wk+4 [zx115] seen
July-20wk+4 bab22

ashyp83

Reg: Mar 8th 2010

Saturday, March 20th 2010, 7:27pm

Hi Leanne,

Ah that sounds like an ordeal you've been through! Hopefully though, now they know exactly what's wrong things will start moving in the right direction. I think if you've had all of your investigations done, and been ttc for more than 3 years (which you have!), they'll offer you IVF. They'll probly want to do another sperm test on your partner, to decide whether to go down IVF or ICSI route. They might do an ultrasound of your ovaries too. then they'll want to see you on day 2-5 of your next period to check your FSH levels (to check how many eggs you have in your ovaries-i think?) This all happened with us last week, so I can only go off what we experienced. Luckily i got my period a few days after the app, so could go for the blood test. They gave us an appointment for the 5th of may in the waiting list clinic to start. So not long at all really! :faint:

They gave us a detailed information pack, with details about the drugs etc, and i was so excited reading it. I know it's going to be stressful but i can't wait to get started-you probably feel the same after all these years. The only thing slightly worrying me is that my BMI was 31, and it needs to be 30 before they can start treatment-which only works out at about 7lbs, but i like to eat when i'm stressed so i'm going to have to find some other indulgence (i say, as i sit here with a bag of maltesers-aagh!)

To be honest, i was absolutely fine on the clomid. It was working, as they scanned me and a follicle was developing, but I didn't have any side effects. I'm hoping that this is the case with the drugs they give me for IVF too.

Let me know how it goes, if you're going to start treatment soon too, we might be going through it at the same time, and it'd be nice to have someone to talk to about it! Good luck!

Ash x

Hi Riley,

You're right-treatment is quite soon! And the staff are lovely-i had a bit of a wobble when i went to get my bloods done the other morning, as I saw a couple who turned up with a overnight bag, so i presumed they were there for egg collection. They looked so nervous and scared, that the enormity of it all just hit me, and of course didn't have hubby there for moral support but the nurse was so lovely. Good luck with your treatment! xfingers

Ash x

loopyloo

Reg: Aug 22nd 2009

Saturday, March 20th 2010, 8:58pm

you all be fine,the centre for life staff are fab,my advice is its very scarey process,,but u find a lot of infomation from the fz,,so find out what treatment they offer you,,and investagate in great depths,,this will give you a better understanding.our first ivf and icisi treatment was 2yrs ago.at the time we didnt take any supplements,,,but the 2nd and 3rd time we did and only needed ivf treatmemt.the 2nd ivf treatment we had a positive result but not a valid one.....so now we are waiting for the outcome of our 3rd on friday...whatever they say about your age take with a pinch of salt,,im a just gone 40yr old and have always had good results follicle and tha amount of eggs retrieved and deleveloped..and have turned into good embies,,,which when you see them before egg transfer,,are so cute you will cry with joy..so good luck on your journey..so your journey now begins.xx xfingers

Reg: Mar 1st 2010

Monday, March 22nd 2010, 11:54am

Hi guys - thanks so much for replying. I'm starting to feel better about the whole thing knowing I can pop in here and have a chat. I wish I'd done it soone to be honest.

Ash - great that you've started the ball rolling only the other week. Bet your head is spinning. Mine will be I'm sure. The very best of luck to you!! My appt is this afternoon and I cant wait. It's the first time I've looked forward to any of this ordeal, so it's a unique feeling. I'll just be glad to be in the right hands, with the right information. Something I've not had for years. And as for a waiting list, I've waited my whole life so I can wait a while longer :happy:

Yep, if we're going through the same things at the same time it would be very cool to have someone to chat to along the way. Thanks :thumbsup: Whats the waiting list clinic? I wonder what I'll be told today, whats the purpose of this first appt? Agghhh!!!

Speak soon x

ashyp83

Tuesday, March 23rd 2010, 7:15pm

Hi Leanne

Haha i'm not sure either-i'm a real technophobe. think i may have just sent you an email with nothing on it! Oops! :innocent:

How did app go-did they do anyhting? The waiting list clinic is where you schedule all appointments for treatment, get drugs etc. when you start essentially- i think-but i'm not 100% sure!

Hope it all went well, glad you were feeling a bit better about it all, and looking forward to your app-it is a strange feeling, excitement and apprehension all at once. It's madness! ?(

Speak soon xx

Reg: Apr 19th 2008

Tuesday, March 30th 2010, 8:09pm

Hi

Im going through ICSI at the moment through cfl.. I have been going through treatment for almost 5years and to no avail, this ICSI is my last treatment. I will be going in for egg collection (if it gets to that..haha) around 22.4.10... If you want to keep in touch I'm Hinna I live near Newburn,near airport and I'm 29 how about you?

ashyp83

Tuesday, April 6th 2010, 11:58am

Hi Hinna

Sorry to hear you've been trying so long! it's the same length of time we've been trying too. we're going to start our first cycle on the 5th of may and we can't wait! i'm 26, and live by the coast in whitley bay.

How's this cycle going, are you still on course for egg collection on 22.04?

Reg: Jul 15th 2010

Thursday, July 15th 2010, 12:31pm

Ovulation Induction

Hi,

Me and my partner have been trying to concieve for over 18 months now and have been refered to the centre for life in newcastle to begin ovulation induction treatment as I have only have 2 periods in that time.

Just wondering if anyone has had this treatment or others at the centre for life and could give me an idea of procedures and time guides??

Thanks Katie

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "katie7124" (Jul 15th 2010, 12:33pm)

Eeyore

TECHNICAL ADMIN

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 27th 2005

What's Up?
Manners are appreciated
and free to use

Friday, July 16th 2010, 10:10am

Welcome Katie

I hope you like it on here, we have very friendly and supportive members that are sure to make your TTC journey that little bit easier, I hope you feel right at home with us all soon.

Here are some links that you may find useful.

There is an abbreviations section
HERE so you know what we're all going on about.

There is a ** GETTING STARTED - FZ FACTS, TIPS & HELP ** thread
HERE this contains everything you need to know about getting started on FZ. We would appreciate it too if you could take a quick look over our brief terms of the site HERE so you can familiarise yourself with the one or two small rules we have, which help to keep FZ the safe and friendly site it is!

There is a ** NEW TO THE SITE? A BIT LOST? POST FOR HELP HERE!!! ** thread
HERE where you can post any questions you have about how to use the site, a team member will answer you as soon as possible!

There is a how to search thread
HERE so you can get the maximum benefit from the forum.

There is a clomid and ovulation induction section
HERE so you can get to know others on clomid and ride the clomid roller coaster together.

There is a CLOMID CHICKS CHAT thread
HERE where all the clomid girls hang out and support each other and also the OVULATION INDUCTION INJECTIBLES CHAT thread HERE

There is a cycle buddies section
HERE so you can get to know others having TX at the same time as you.

There is a 2WW section
HERE and a 2WW CHAT thread HERE so you can compare every twinge and symptom with everyone else.

And finally!! Have you seen that lots of our members have fancy names in their signatures? If you’re interested in having something similar it’s really easy to do. Have a look HERE to choose a style. If there isn't one you like there, let us know the kind of thing you'd like and we'll try and create one for you.

Because the running of the site completely depends on the kindness of our members, we ask for a small donation in return for a signature name, which is explained
HERE. Hang around a bit and get to know us before you decide if you'd like to support us!

If you have any questions about anything, just ask. :smile:

loopykim

Reg: Aug 20th 2009

Children: 3

Tuesday, August 24th 2010, 10:08pm

katie- we were at life centre for our second appointment today our first appointment was 14th oct 09 and we just been told we could wait any were from 6mths to a year more for a sperm donor as there is a shortage but i dare say timings for other treatments will be diffrent goodluck
[zx037] :angel2: loopykim [zx098] [zx098] :jilly:

Reg: Jan 24th 2011

Monday, January 24th 2011, 2:15pm

i went their in 2003 and had treatment in 2004 had menpor and hcg injections .. they are brilliant keep track of you and look after you really well

Reg: Feb 9th 2011

Wednesday, February 9th 2011, 4:42pm

Hi Everyone,

I've been referred to the CFL by my GP and dont really know what to expect. I've been ttc for nearly 2 years and my GP took some blood tests from me (although he never said what they were for) They have all came back fine. I know the problem is I am not ovulating as I have only had 4 periods since last Jan. I just dont know what to expect now, I have read up on Clomide and from what i gather this is what i need to take, what tests will i need to go through before they give me this? and is there any reason they wont prescribe it?

Thanks

Kelly xx
Princess Kelly

United Kingdom

Reg: Jun 13th 2010

Monday, February 21st 2011, 5:19pm

Hi

I'm not with CFL (yet!) still with a gynae at the hospital in Durham, hopefully sorting me out! I have a friend who has just had her second child with the help of CFL, and her problem was she wasn't ovulating. She found them very helpful and the consultants were excellent.

I think they will do more tests before prescribing you with anything, I'm not sure but they might want to check your tubes are clear before giving you drugs to make your ovulate? And they'll probably want to check out your partner too if he hasn't been already. Go with all your questions prepared and hopefully you'll get some answers!

Good luck!

RM
x

loopykim

Monday, May 23rd 2011, 4:45pm

[zx126] yeahhh we made it to top ov list after being told one month ago we had at least one more year to wait as we were 6 on list whoooop whoooop we have waited for a donor for 20mths yipppeeeeeee

United Kingdom

Reg: Jun 13th 2010

Thursday, May 26th 2011, 7:09pm

Great news!!!!!!!!!!! When do you start???

Beautiful boy born in January 2007
TTC second since March 2009
Luteal phase defect - 4 rounds clomid
BFP 14.2.2012 - 2 beautiful heartbeats seen EDD 22nd Oct - Its a boy and a girl!

Reg: Oct 9th 2010

Children: Twins a healthy boy/girl and a baby boy in heaven xx

Friday, May 27th 2011, 3:43pm

Hi all,

I just wanted to pop in and say hello. Im not under the centre for life but i do live in newcastle and its good to hear from some ladies close by. I am currently under Hexham Hospital who have been fab so far!

xx
Dec 2011 beautiful angel baby5 twins Nov 2012 :boy: :girl:

loopykim

Friday, September 9th 2011, 3:58pm

we waited just short of 2 years for a donor, but started treatment 2 wks ago

loopykim

Wednesday, September 21st 2011, 7:34pm