You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

kar1

• "kar1" is no longer a member of FZ
  • "kar1" started this thread

Tuesday, November 17th 2009, 11:35pm

wales funding (its good news!)

tonight i held an event at the welsh assembly and 30mins before it was due to start well we heard some news and then the minister came in and spoke and annouced it again to us all wow

Tuesday, 17 November, 2009

TWO IVF CYCLES FOR WOMEN IN WALES

Health Minister Edwina Hart today [Tuesday, 17 November] announced that women in Wales will have access to two cycles of IVF treatment free on the NHS from April next year.

Since 2005, women in Wales have had access to one cycle of IVF treatment.

Mrs Hart said: “I recognise that this is an extremely emotive issue and I have been keen to increase the number of IVF treatment cycles available to women on the NHS within available resources.

“In Wales, our aim has been to have a fair, consistent policy for accessing this treatment.

“We ended the postcode lottery to accessing this service in 2005 when we began offering one free cycle of IVF treatment to women who meet clinical criteria set out by NICE and the All Wales Assisted Fertility Working Group.

“I have had lots of representations on this issue and I am pleased that I am in a position to go some way towards increasing the opportunities for women to try to have children within the available resources.”

Notes:

The Health Minister will attend an event to discuss issues around IVF at Conference Room 24, Ty Hywel at 6pm today [Tuesday, 17 November].
TTC 12 years

2 early losses

lots of ops and tx

both tubes removed

5th fresh short protocol
:BFP:

Tyler May born 5/5/2010 by emergency c section. Tyler is our sunshine

Dan17

Reg: Mar 31st 2008

Wednesday, November 18th 2009, 8:17am

Well done!

Well done, I saw you on GMTV this morning! You're an absolute star for all the work you've done on this. Hope you're feeling really proud x

Reg: Jun 21st 2012

Wednesday, November 18th 2009, 8:51am

OMG i cant believe it. Kara you have helped thousands of women and will be a guardian angel to lots of IVF babies in the future :D

thanks hunny xxxx
TTC 2004
5 IVF = 3 Early MC ;(

FET sept 2012 Tentative BFP please please stick little bean

dondon

Reg: Aug 28th 2008

Wednesday, November 18th 2009, 3:02pm

is there any chance you could provide a link to or some info on clinical criteria set out by NICE and the All Wales Assisted Fertility Working Group.

I need to find out if I fit the age criteria still.

kar1

• "kar1" is no longer a member of FZ
  • "kar1" started this thread

Wednesday, November 18th 2009, 3:20pm

http://www.infertilitynetworkuk.com/Fund…tility/?id=5222

this isnt updated regarding the increased funding and as the increased funding is so new we have no guidelines yet but the NICE guidelines will not change

you need to speak to clinic asap

you have a pm

if anyone wants to ask any questions i am making a list that will be sent into the welsh assmbly so please add those quesitons here or pm me
TTC 12 years

2 early losses

lots of ops and tx

both tubes removed

5th fresh short protocol
:BFP:

Tyler May born 5/5/2010 by emergency c section. Tyler is our sunshine

magic52

Reg: Sep 27th 2009

Friday, November 20th 2009, 7:07pm

Hi Kara,
Thank you so much and well done for all your hard work, which has quite clearly paid off.
Just a couple of questions from me:

where will people stand if they've had one free go and then have paid for one? will they lose entitlement for another free go?
I'm on a FET cycle now and if that fails will I be best off not doing anythin til April and then starting a fresh cycle free or is there likely to be huge waits from April for the next go free?
first IVF sept 09, OTD 5/10/09 - BFP, short lived - chemical pregnancy/very early miscarriage.
pcos
TTC since Oct 06
FET Dec 09 - 1 blastocyst (2bb) - BFN

what next?

Reg: Sep 26th 2010

Saturday, November 21st 2009, 3:19pm

Too good to be true

Please tell me I heard it correctly, are ALL (meeting the criteria) women in Wales entiltled to 2 attempts at IVF on the NHS, I have already had one go and that failed, so from April will I be entitled to another go?? So there is no postcode lottery anymore. Oh i do hope so, dont wanna get my hopes up just incase.

Reg: Sep 13th 2011

Sunday, September 18th 2011, 7:38pm

Is this still true? 2 free cycles in Wales? We have just been referred for ICSI and I hope that we will get 2 cycles.

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Sunday, September 18th 2011, 8:14pm

To find out if it still applies you need to contact your PCT. Your clinic will know. They review and can change the rules for funding every year.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE