You are not logged in.

Unread posts

l_ouise

• "l_ouise" started this thread

Reg: Feb 18th 2011

Thursday, September 15th 2011, 3:59pm

LP egg vs SP eggs?

What is the difference in terms of egg quality and egg numbers in someone who previously isn't a poor responder, an over responder and who doesn't have egg quality issues?

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Thursday, September 15th 2011, 6:23pm

The protocol should not affect the quality but the quantity. The long protocol will shut down your ovaries and then the stimming starts them off again. In the short protocol there is no d/r so people can make more eggs. The short protocol is normally used for poor responders and for older ladies. the long protocol will minimise OHSS as they can control your response more carefully.
Hope this helps. otherwise check this out:
INFO: A ROUGH GUIDE TO IVF/ICSI

Reg: Apr 12th 2008

Thursday, September 15th 2011, 7:44pm

Hi Louise

I didn't notice any difference in egg numbers or quality but I felt SO much better on short protocol! On my three long protocols I really struggled during down reg phase. Had terrible migraines, hot flushes and bad bloating. This carried though to EC and ET sometimes too.

When. I did short protocol I felt great! Didn't get bloated at all. No headaches and non hot flushes. I felt so much healthier when I had ET so it put me in a much better frame of mind for the 2ww.

I appreciate it isn't like this for everyone on long protocol though. I do get hormone related migraines so it was inevitable I was going to get these.

Good luck!
6 cycles all BFN.
One last immune cycle - July 2011
06/12 - :girl:

Baby Isobel arrived on 16/04. Life is complete :hugs:

l_ouise

Thursday, September 15th 2011, 9:18pm

Thanks for the replies :)

I'm so confused :(

My consultant seems to have put me down for short protocol but like i have mentioned previously, she was concerned about me over-stimulating if anything... not being a poor responder and i'm only 26.

I don't understand why she has done it.

She didn't even mention it at the review consultation so i'm wondering if it's a mistake or something ?(

She is away for the weekend so won't find out until next week but it's delaying my forms :(

I thought maybe she thought it might improve my egg quality just on the off chance there is something unknown about my eggs...

Any ideas?

l_ouise

Thursday, September 15th 2011, 9:24pm

Oh and i didn't suffer ill effects from the drugs either - maybe the odd mood swing and hot flush but not that i'd notice really xx

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Friday, September 16th 2011, 4:38pm

Nobody here can know the reason why your consultant has put you on a specific protocol. Why don't you contact your clinic? You can email some clinics too. Try to contact them and not to worry.
Take care

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE