You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

l_ouise

• "l_ouise" started this thread

Reg: Feb 18th 2011

Monday, September 12th 2011, 11:21pm

Pycnogenol/ Pine Bark Extract

Hello,

This herbal supplement was recommended to me by a friend who needed ICSI initially and she swears that by using this supplement in conjunction with reducing caffeine and removing mobile phones from pockets that her husband sperm count went so high that they instead of ICSI they were able to perform IVF.

It is basically a strong antioxidant and my husband will have been taking it for over 3 months by the time the next treatment cycle comes around.

I was just wondering if anyone else had tried it and any opinions they have on it?

Maybe it helped? Maybe it didn't?

Thanks

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Tuesday, September 13th 2011, 6:50pm

Hi Louise,

please don't make your DH take anything without seeing anyone who is qualified. Herbal medicines can be strong and can cause problems.
Ask your consultant what your DH should take. You could try wellman conceive or a supplement like that.

The best thing your DH can do is follow a healthy diet rich of fruit and veg with no alcohol or cigarettes and keep his down-belows cool.
Our consultant told my DH to take 1000mg vit C and 800 units vit E, but gain that is what my DH needed, maybe yours needs something different.

l_ouise

• "l_ouise" started this thread

Reg: Feb 18th 2011

Wednesday, September 14th 2011, 10:22am

Hiy Maria,

Thanks for the reply :)

I am aware of patients taking this supplement and consultants being aware of it at my clinic and nothing bad has happened, but there have been improvements.

Our situation couldn't get worse so we are willing to take that risk. I was hoping that other people who hadn't taken it could comment on their own experiences for comparison. My husband is already doing all that other stuff xx

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Wednesday, September 14th 2011, 6:22pm

Why don't you consult with a nutritionist? I did that and that has greatly improved my situation.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE