You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "scarlett1251" started this thread

Reg: Jul 22nd 2011

Children: one gorgeous IUI daughter

Monday, September 12th 2011, 5:45pm

FSH low AMH low

I'm confused as I was told last month my AMH was 5.1, which I know is well in the low category. I was expecting my FSH to be disastrous but it's just come back 3.1 and LH 5.5. From what I know this seems OK and I'm very happy.

I just can't understand how my AMH can be low and also my FSH as I thought they were both indicators of pretty much the same thing????

Has anyone else had the similar results?

38, single
1st donor IUI Nov '11 :BFN: 2nd donor IUI March/April '12 :BFP:
A gorgeous IUI daughter born Dec 2012 - my little miracle
Planning to try for a sibling in 2015 :)

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Monday, September 12th 2011, 6:08pm

FSH and AMH are not the same.The AMH is an indication of your ovarian reserve and how many follicles you will produce during stimulation. The FSH is about egg quality and how your body reacts to more FSH during stimulation. If you are young you can have low AMH and low FSH as your eggs will be better quality and your body is not resistant to FSH. When you get older your AMH lowers even more, but your FSH increases as your ovaries don't respond to it as well. For example I am 39 and I have very low AMH and high FSH as I am closer to the menopause. A high FSH is probably worse than a low AMH.
The FSH should be looked at together with estradiol as well as LH on day 2 as high estradiol could cause the FSH to lower. If your estradiol was let's say 300 then you would need to do the tests again as this may alter the FSH.

Your LH and FSH are excellent, so you don't need to worry. :thumbsup:
Check these:
INFO: A ROUGH GUIDE TO EGG QUALITY & AGE
INFO: A ROUGH GUIDE TO YOUR REPRODUCTIVE SYSTEM/MENSTRUAL CYCLES

FERTILITYZONE